*UIL Mock Look At What The New Districts Would Look Like/1A Passes!!!!!!!!!!*

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers!!!!!!!!!!!! Central would be big School.

Who cares about numbers? It should be based on the area you are in!

Alot of Schools care about Numbers and Depth!

Coop, how many teams make the playoffs from each district????

I'm waiting on a call back from Dr. Charles B. then i'll post some more info.

Check out this logistical nightmare.........

Travel for this 3A District

District 2

Brownfield

Dalhart

Iowa Park

Lamesa

Perryton

Vernon

BROWNFIELD, TX IOWA PARK, TX  244.4

IOWA PARK, TX LAMESA, TX  244.3

LAMESA, TX PERRYTON, TX  293.3

PERRYTON, TX BROWNFIELD, TX  272.4

BROWNFIELD, TX VERNON, TX  217.5

Check out this logistical nightmare.........

Travel for this 3A District

District 2

Brownfield

Dalhart

Iowa Park

Lamesa

Perryton

Vernon

BROWNFIELD, TX IOWA PARK, TX  244.4

IOWA PARK, TX LAMESA, TX  244.3

LAMESA, TX PERRYTON, TX  293.3

PERRYTON, TX BROWNFIELD, TX  272.4

BROWNFIELD, TX VERNON, TX  217.5

This plan poses some positive and negative points:

2A D1 District 11 would probably benefit the most from this new alignment in terms of competition.  The driving time won't really be affected for the schools currently in 23-AA.  Instead of driving to Deweyville or Warren these schools will have to drive to Newton and Kirbyville which are not much further.  Competition amongst 3A and 4A schools would increase as well.  The discrepancy between the high points and low points of enrollment for these classifications make it nearly impossible for some schools to compete. 

Regardless of the fact that these quoted schools are panhandle schools does not excuse the driving times.  UIL would have to come up with a better plan (or tweak their numbers) to actually make this plan work.

Central's numbers may drop since Austin MS is now zone to WB since the recent bond just passed.  If not, then Dr. Thomas can take a couple of streets and zone them to Ozen to keep Central in the local 4A district if this plan goes through....

just add to the long list of dumb UIL ideas. It all started with this D1 & D2 crap and now they are taking it to another level. Explain how its fair that Beaumont Central should have to be in that BS district just because they have a handful more students than most of the schools in the D2 district? they are all 4A, thats the breaks. WO-S never had a problem winning while being the smallest school in 20-4A and they got moved down when the numbers got too low.

1 division per classification and 2 teams make the playoffs from each district. Align the districts according to location and stop all this horsecrap.

I agree with you hook'em...Except 5A! To big of a division!!

Plano East 5852 Largest

Eagle Pass 1931 Smallest

3921 is a big difference!!!!

thats the breaks. WO-S was in the hundreds while PNG, Ned, Central were all around 1500.

If 5A's a problem then make a 6A or Super 5A and cap it at a higher number but this idea is BS, especially for the local teams that would get stuck playing all their district games against teams they've never heard of.

THIS LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE A FUN EXCITING FOOTBALL DISTRICT!

2A Division 1 District 11

Anahuac

Buna

Hardin

Kirbyville

Kountze

Newton

Winnie East Chambers

IMO with Newton and K-Ville, this could be one of the toughest 2A Districts in the state.

I agree with you

Guest spmorse1976

It all boils down to $$$$$. they need to make a 6A like 1992 said and go back to 2 teams per district.It was all hogwash when you had 3 teams going and a majority of them being 4-6, 0r 3-7. Pretty sad if you ask me. People these days can't except the fact that if you aren't one of the top teams, then you need to stay home!!!! Just like the schools that add cheerleaders to a squad just because so and sos daughter didn't make it!!!!! people need to accept that if your not good enough to be chosen then you don't make it!!!!

Guest Brubaker

I agree with you hook'em...Except 5A! To big of a division!!

Plano East 5852 Largest

Eagle Pass 1931 Smallest

3921 is a big difference!!!!

Then fix that problem and don't lop of your ear cuz there's a bug on it.

THIS LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE A FUN EXCITING FOOTBALL DISTRICT!

2A Division 1 District 11

Anahuac

Buna

Hardin

Kirbyville

Kountze

Newton

Winnie East Chambers

IMO with Newton and K-Ville, this could be one of the toughest 2A Districts in the state.

Unless Kirbyville is moved back to 3A-II which is a strong possibility.  What district would Kirbyville go to in 3A-II?

Guest ECBucFan

Alto, now in 1A, was always an extremely tough opponent for anyone in 2A despite being the smallest 2A team by far. Alto could easily beat most 3A's and even a lot of 4A's. Smaller don't mean weaker by a longshot. Some folks will clearly see this and wish they had their old "larger" opponents back. Guarantee it! This thing will be a mess.

This is so stupid. What some of you(Coop ::)) aren't looking at is the effect on other parts of the state, we can't just look at our area when considering this. If you have to travel more than 2 hours just for a district game, then there is something wrong with the system.

Unless the UIL and the State of Texas is going to offer lower budget schools some grants that they can use for travel expense, then this won't fly. When school boards and sups look at the travel expenses that they will incur with this type realignment, they'll shoot it down instantly. They are about balancing budgets, not getting more wins on a football field.

The "numbers" do not carry that much weight. ::)

Guest JoesBros

This is so stupid. What some of you(Coop ::)) aren't looking at is the effect on other parts of the state, we can't just look at our area when considering this. If you have to travel more than 2 hours just for a district game, then there is something wrong with the system.

Unless the UIL and the State of Texas is going to offer lower budget schools some grants that they can use for travel expense, then this won't fly. When school boards and sups look at the travel expenses that they will incur with this type realignment, they'll shoot it down instantly. They are about balancing budgets, not getting more wins on a football field.

The "numbers" do not carry that much weight. ::)

I agree

Deweyville to:

Garrison             2 hours 34 minutes    Distance: 139.92 miles

Groveton           2 hours 19 minutes    Distance: 124.59 miles

New Waverly      2 hours 25 minutes    Distance: 124.36 miles

San Augustine    1 hour 49 minutes      Distance: 100.29 miles

Shelbyville         2 hours 10 minutes     Distance: 120.59 miles

This is insanity.  >:(

Thanks for the info, this just doesn't make sense.  What's wrong with the current system?

AggiesWeAre

What some people seem to be missing is that this kind of travel goes on all the time in West Texas. Dist 2-5A Amarillo to Odessa 262 miles 4 hours 22 minutes.

No one gets to vote on alignments. The UIL is not elected or even a state agency. They are a branch of the University of Texas system and as such they have control without much oversight.

This new plan (which has not been approved) might make better sence state wide than it does for SETX.

It all boils down to if not my kid then whose will be effected by these long rides. West Texas has done it for years and years in all classifications, folks out there might be saying why shouldn't everyone have drive like them?

Guest ECBucFan

AggiesWeAre

It all boils down to if not my kid then whose will be effected by these long rides. West Texas has done it for years and years in all classifications, folks out there might be saying why shouldn't everyone have drive like them?

Well, SETX has to deal with a lot of rain every year. So, should there be domes built at every SETX highschool to perfectly equalize things with dry West TX? Just because West TX has to travel, by necessity, doesn't mean everyone else has to, too. Thats just crazy.

AggiesWeAre

Well, SETX has to deal with a lot of rain every year. So, should there be domes built at every SETX highschool to perfectly equalize things with dry West TX? Just because West TX has to travel, by necessity, doesn't mean everyone else has to, too. Thats just crazy.

I played football in SE Texas and West Texas.....I can promise you that I would rather play in the rain and humidity of SE Texas than the boiling heat and blistering winds of West Texas...It can be absolutely miserable in West Texas

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23