Deweyville to:

Garrison             2 hours 34 minutes    Distance: 139.92 miles

Groveton           2 hours 19 minutes    Distance: 124.59 miles

New Waverly      2 hours 25 minutes    Distance: 124.36 miles

San Augustine    1 hour 49 minutes      Distance: 100.29 miles

Shelbyville         2 hours 10 minutes     Distance: 120.59 miles

This is insanity.  >:(

I Agree..too much travel time.

Not up on the competition level of all these teams but, if Deweyville has a better chance at the playoffs I bet they won't mind traveling.

Where did Dayton and Livingston go?????? ???

In Division II District 11

Crosby (68 Miles)                             

Dayton (55 Miles)

Houston Forest Brook/Smiley (68 Miles)

Livingston

Barbers Hill (69 Miles)

Waller (105 Miles)

What's crazy is that it would be closer to all of those schools than what we currently have now.  All those trips would be right at an hour and we travel closer to an hour and a half for everything now.

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing needs to have their sanity checked. Some of the travel time for some schools like Central, Orangefield, Deweyville, WB and PAM and Hamshire-Fannett is down right dumb. Travel time alone is going to be the biggest issue, you will have hardly have any fans at away games, especially for sports like baseball and basketball which play on Tuesday nights. Football will be hit hard also, I mean what parent who works shift work or gets off at 6 is going to travel 2 hours for a 7:30 game, they won't get to the game until half-time, maybe a little earlier.  Wednesday mornings after a long road trip is bound to breed low attendance for kids.   Which will hurt the kids grades and performance in class which may cause failures to go up. Having these types of road trips on a weekly basis may also affect Test scores down the road, I mean you are almost guaranteed one day a week where it will be almost impossible for a kid to pay attention in class due to exhaustion. Teachers already have a hard enough job and high enough expectations on them as it is.  Also looking at this from a coaches point of view the UIL is not taking into consideration a coach working a 12-15 day and the coach also being a zombie the next day like the kids. All coaches teach as well.  Especially for coaches who are at schools where they have to drive a bus, that would be a big time safety hazard, which is to no fault of the coach they are just doing their job.  Next, you have the parents.  How do you expect their to be any kind of following from the parents to come see their kids play 2 hours away and then get up the next day to go to work. Talk about robbing parents of the joy of watching their kids games. Then how about the regular fan who has no kids but enjoys games or families who have kids in school but they don't play sports, well you can forget them going to support their teams which will have kids showing up to a stadium with virtually no support.

Guest ECBucFan

Deweyville to:

Garrison             2 hours 34 minutes    Distance: 139.92 miles

Groveton           2 hours 19 minutes    Distance: 124.59 miles

New Waverly      2 hours 25 minutes    Distance: 124.36 miles

San Augustine    1 hour 49 minutes      Distance: 100.29 miles

Shelbyville         2 hours 10 minutes     Distance: 120.59 miles

This is insanity.  >:(

I Agree..too much travel time.

Not up on the competition level of all these teams but, if Deweyville has a better chance at the playoffs I bet they won't mind traveling.

Deweyville probably has a better shot at playoffs in our current district as it is! That's what so maddening about it. Nothing gained, but a whole lot of trouble!

Guest ECBucFan

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing needs to have their sanity checked. Some of the travel time for some schools like Central, Orangefield, Deweyville, WB and PAM and Hamshire-Fannett is down right dumb. Travel time alone is going to be the biggest issue, you will have hardly have any fans at away games, especially for sports like baseball and basketball which play on Tuesday nights. Football will be hit hard also, I mean what parent who works shift work or gets off at 6 is going to travel 2 hours for a 7:30 game, they won't get to the game until half-time, maybe a little earlier.  Wednesday mornings after a long road trip is bound to breed low attendance for kids.   Which will hurt the kids grades and performance in class which may cause failures to go up. Having these types of road trips on a weekly basis may also affect Test scores down the road, I mean you are almost guaranteed one day a week where it will be almost impossible for a kid to pay attention in class due to exhaustion. Teachers already have a hard enough job and high enough expectations on them as it is.  Also looking at this from a coaches point of view the UIL is not taking into consideration a coach working a 12-15 day and the coach also being a zombie the next day like the kids. All coaches teach as well.  Especially for coaches who are at schools where they have to drive a bus, that would be a big time safety hazard, which is to no fault of the coach they are just doing their job.  Next, you have the parents.  How do you expect their to be any kind of following from the parents to come see their kids play 2 hours away and then get up the next day to go to work. Talk about robbing parents of the joy of watching their kids games. Then how about the regular fan who has no kids but enjoys games or families who have kids in school but they don't play sports, well you can forget them going to support their teams which will have kids showing up to a stadium with virtually no support.

AMEN!

I could be wrong, but I think this is just for football only.  Other sports like volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball will have different districts than football.  These other sports would remain in districts like the current setup.  If this is just for football only, then I don't have a problem with it.  Bring it on!!

Look at the travel time Midland and San Angelo would have.  4 hours one way, That is really putting a lot of extra expense on the school and the fans.  Most West Texas schools play at 8 p.m. but you would still have to leave before 4 to get to the game on time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami