WO-S Bus Transportation voted down

WO-S 89

Not necessarily, the downturn in the economy has something to do with it but the plants there on Chemical Road that have funded West Orange Cove ISD are old, outdated, and making very little or losing money.  New plant construction is going to China, India, other cheap labor countries.  West Orange Cove ISD HAS BEEN VERY WELL INFORMED OF THIS AND HAS REFUSED TO LISTEN.  I'm sure that's not the source of all the problems but it's a very large contributing one being it's one of their largest if not the largest source of revenue for the school district.  How you can get a school district into that much of a deficit...I'm not sure, but it does point to incompetence.  Ironically, from the other discussion threads, some folks would disagree with WO and have you trust the board to do their jobs without releasing any information.  Today it's not releasing a list of coaching candidates, next it's less than full disclosure on a bond; what's it going to be tomorrow...refusal to disclose the budget?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day when we have children having to walk home from after school events.  Get the boards numbers and everytime you see a child walking home give the board memember a call and remind them what great leaders they have become.  Kudos goes out to the child who tried to speak at the board meeting last night only to be shut down by adults.  It is ashame when we can not give our youth a fair view how a board should be ran.  Just remember at election time that WOS has the power to change your board members. 

Sad day when we have children having to walk home from after school events.  Get the boards numbers and everytime you see a child walking home give the board memember a call and remind them what great leaders they have become.  Kudos goes out to the child who tried to speak at the board meeting last night only to be shut down by adults.  It is ashame when we can not give our youth a fair view how a board should be ran.  Just remember at election time that WOS has the power to change your board members. 

I used to have to walk home every day 2 miles in the snow up hill both ways. 8 ;D

Guest wos grad

There's 2 or 3 board members that don't care about the kids!

I am not sure... They probably lost quite a bit of money due to lost tax revenue.... due to the down turn in the economy...

We have so much tax money we have to give millions (maybe 2 maybe 7) away each year to Robinhood. That's not it.

DID A KID RELLY TRY TO SPEAK LAST NIGHT (ARE IS THIS A JOKE)

The kid did try to speak but wasn't able to due to the boards rules. He signed up to speak about the TAKS but meant to sign up to speak about the buses. We already had our allotted number of speakers about the buses. So he wasn't allowed to speak about the buses but would have been allowed to speak about the TAKS issue.

The kid did try to speak but wasn't able to due to the boards rules. He signed up to speak about the TAKS but meant to sign up to speak about the buses. We already had our allotted number of speakers about the buses. So he wasn't allowed to speak about the buses but would have been allowed to speak about the TAKS issue.

Sometimes when a kid tries to speak, it makes the board madder than normal. Don't ask me why, but it does. School business is strange.

Sometimes when a kid tries to speak, it makes the board madder than normal. Don't ask me why, but it does. School business is strange.

I wouldn't even say they were mad about it.

I wouldn't even say they were mad about it.

They may not show it, and can't, but behind closed doors is another story...

COOP:  (thanks for opening the door to my comment).  obviously some of you have not been listening to President Obama.  he has been preaching the answer to this problem for a long time.  but  I  know that some of you don`t want an answer because you would haft to find something else to complain about.

One school board member stated that he played for Willie Ray Smith and he had to walk home so he voted against it.  Is he just blind or what?  Things are DIFFERENT now.  There are drugs everywhere, people not from the area everywhere, and kids walking home are in danger.  In addition, and I count this as extremely important....girls weren't allowed to play sports and/or walk home in the dark when the fellow played for Willie Ray Smith.  Are you going to let your 7th grade daughter walk home two miles at eleven o'clock at night after playing basketball at Hamshire Fannett?  How about your 17 year old daughter.....

No thought whatsoever to things going on in this community in this day and age.  They are completely out of touch with what the people want and need. 

COOP:  (thanks for opening the door to my comment).   obviously some of you have not been listening to President Obama.  he has been preaching the answer to this problem for a long time.  but  I  know that some of you don`t want an answer because you would haft to find something else to complain about.

???

I listened to the Presidents entire inauguration speech and never once did I hear him say anything about the WOS busing issue!  ;D

(I got lost on this one)

stangchain:  i agree with you. coach  smith`s players all lived within one mile of the saturday night game at tiger stadium and just a few blocks  from the practice field.  now these kids are bussed across the county, to west orange, and told "you  kids get home the best way you can.

stangchain:  i agree with you. coach  smith`s players all lived within one mile of the saturday night game at tiger stadium and just a few blocks  from the practice field.  now these kids are bussed across the county, to west orange, and told "you  kids get home the best way you can.

I don't think the "walking home" part is a good argument. This subject made Gresham live last night on KLVI. Although I didn't get to hear all of it, the folks that I did hear call in were not sympathetic because no other school districts provide this service. Most callers were putting the responsibility on the parents, which is hard not to disagree with.

The best argument I can come up with is it was taken away without input from the community. Also, from one of TD's post, when asking the community to support the new bond, it was not mentioned they would also be cutting the buss program.

back in  MR BOTTLEYs days at wallace hi school all the kids lived with in blocks of that school and he will tell u that. and someone just go ask coach hook are the other coaches at west orange  how far a kid will haft to walk home  and brother its not a block are two belive me.omg please open your eyes some of you YES YES  these kids will be in danger now ,GOD HELP THEM

slam14:  the president has been saying for a long time,  if you see a problem, "go help fix it."  this is the "NEW AMERICAN WAY"  of getting things done in these hard times.  one word  "VOLUNTEER"

That's new? How else do you deal with problems? I don't think I needed the president for that one.

slam14:  the president has been saying for a long time,  if you see a problem, "go help fix it."  this is the "NEW AMERICAN WAY"  of getting things done in these hard times.  one word  "VOLUNTEER"

That's new? How else do you deal with problems? I don't think I needed the president for that one.

I thought Obama preached "Spreading The Wealth".  With that logic maybe another richer school district could provide transportation    ;D

;D

;D Whew! Thank you guys!  For a minute there I thought I was the only one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder