WO-S Bus Transportation voted down

WO-S 89

IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT THAT THEY HAVE TO CUT BECAUSE OF A DEFICIT.... ATHLETICS IS NOT A NEED IN AN ACADEMIC INSTITUTION....  ACADEMICS MATTER

THEY WERE RIGHT....

It's not their fault? Who runs the budget? If academics are such a priority then why have we been low performing for so long? We do nothing to change this but talk about how it needs to change. No change in administration at the schools that are low performing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results.

You can write in caps all you want to it doesn't change my oipinion or make yours any more meaningful. I agree that athletics (we are talking about all UIL activities) are a bonus at a school. But drop athletics at WOS and the other UIL activities and see how many kids you have enrolled at WOS.

No need to get angry. If you are an adult you should be able to disagree about something yet still be civil.  ;D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, proactivity is not something our government is good at. .. This is exactly what happens when you rely on the government to do something that the parents should be doing... People need to take responsibility for their own.... IT IS THAT SIMPLE... GOVT IS NOT GOOD AT BEING PROACTIVE...

There is a good excuse!  ::) Since they aren't good at it then we just should accept that and live with it. Are you kidding me????????

I won't argue that parents should take responsibility. But some can't and some just won't. Now by not helping a kid that has a parent that either can't or won't who are we hurting? To me we are hurting a kid that has no say in the matter.

I am not angry...  I wish that we could offer transportation...do not get me wrong.. But as we have seen with everything in this government we wait until it is a catastrophe to fix things... then we have to do drastic things.. and cutting transportation to athletic practice and events is the most logical cuts... I know that it is effecting a lot of people but when we keep electing the same ol crap into office nothing changes.... It has been happening far to long around here... We have some of the worst school boards that I have ever seen in this area..

BISD, PAISD, and WO Cove ISD... And these folks on these boards keep getting elected...

Will the board change in WO Cove ISD... I sure hope so that is the only way we are going to get change. ... But will they be able to bring back this busing program... maybe not once they see the figures and budget shortfalls...    

IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT THAT THEY HAVE TO CUT BECAUSE OF A DEFICIT.... ATHLETICS IS NOT A NEED IN AN ACADEMIC INSTITUTION....  ACADEMICS MATTER

THEY WERE RIGHT....

It's not their fault? Who runs the budget? If academics are such a priority then why have we been low performing for so long? We do nothing to change this but talk about how it needs to change. No change in administration at the schools that are low performing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results.

You can write in caps all you want to it doesn't change my oipinion or make yours any more meaningful. I agree that athletics (we are talking about all UIL activities) are a bonus at a school. But drop athletics at WOS and the other UIL activities and see how many kids you have enrolled at WOS.

No need to get angry. If you are an adult you should be able to disagree about something yet still be civil.  ;D

TD and I have had our discussions on this. When I started posting on this thread I believed and still do that the parents need to step in. What I have learned from LISTENING is that some communities are different. The thing that has shifted my opionion the most is the way the school board has handled this. I believe they were feeding information as THEY felt was needed versus putting it all out there at one time. This gave the community not enough information to make a decision about the bond that was passed.

lastly and to TD's point................."why ya want to get all angry"?????  This is a discussion.

I am not angry...  I wish that we could offer transportation...do not get me wrong.. But as we have seen with everything in this government we wait until it is a catastrophe to fix things... then we have to do drastic things.. and cutting transportation to athletic practice and events is the most logical cuts... I know that it is effecting a lot of people but when we keep electing the same ol crap into office nothing changes.... It has been happening far to long around here... We have some of the worst school boards that I have ever seen in this area..

BISD, PAISD, and WO Cove ISD... And these folks on these boards keep getting elected...

Will the board change in WO Cove ISD... I sure hope so that is the only way we are going to get change. ... But will they be able to bring back this busing program... maybe not once they see the figures and budget shortfalls...    

Again by taking away the busing it will take them 125 years to get the budget to balance and that's at only a 1.5 million dollar deficit and that's without interest.

We have way bigger fish to fry that don't affect/effect so many kids.

Well...

I am not sure that a school district can run a deficit budget... I believe they have to live with the money that they are being given..

All that I can say is that I would vote those fools all out and start over.... I am all for taking care of the kids.. Why cant they cut some administration jobs... just one would be able to cover the whole busing program...

Guest Silsbee88

Dr. Hardin made a motion to rescind the November vote until school was out and then try to find a way to either fund it or do something different and Ricky Jacobs seconded it. There was discussion that didn't amount to much and then they voted. This is where it got strange for me. Nancy Byers wasn't there. So we have 5 voting board members and a president who votes only in ties. Now I hope I'm wrong about my knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order. As soon as the vote was called for the president immediately voted to rescind along with Dr. Hardin and Ricky Jacobs. Then of course the other three (Mitchell, Botley and Barclay) voted against rescinding. We had a Superintendant, a board president, a school attorney and a whole school board. There is no way that I was the only one that knew the president doesn't vote. That's what makes me think they knew the outcome before they voted. It looked alot better to finish in a tie than to say it was voted down. Now it just didn't pass to rescind because there wasn't a majority. I really hope I'm wrong about the president voting. Someone there had to know more about how to run a meeting than I do.

The President of the school board has 1 vote - He / She is not just a tie breaker. (Sometimes the Mayor of a city votes only to break a tie, but this is school district - not a city)

Are you sure? The president of our Lions Club doesn't even vote unless there is a tie. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just want to be sure you are right. I think I will google Roberts Rules of Order. If you are sure though let me know.

Positively, the president of a school board will vote on all issues...... This is fact.

Well...

I am not sure that a school district can run a deficit budget... I believe they have to live with the money that they are being given..

All that I can say is that I would vote those fools all out and start over.... I am all for taking care of the kids.. Why cant they cut some administration jobs... just one would be able to cover the whole busing program...

16,000 woo that's alot,  ::)

Well...

You are starting to see the light. There are alot of alternatives. We do need to do things to get our scores in line also.

Dr. Hardin made a motion to rescind the November vote until school was out and then try to find a way to either fund it or do something different and Ricky Jacobs seconded it. There was discussion that didn't amount to much and then they voted. This is where it got strange for me. Nancy Byers wasn't there. So we have 5 voting board members and a president who votes only in ties. Now I hope I'm wrong about my knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order. As soon as the vote was called for the president immediately voted to rescind along with Dr. Hardin and Ricky Jacobs. Then of course the other three (Mitchell, Botley and Barclay) voted against rescinding. We had a Superintendant, a board president, a school attorney and a whole school board. There is no way that I was the only one that knew the president doesn't vote. That's what makes me think they knew the outcome before they voted. It looked alot better to finish in a tie than to say it was voted down. Now it just didn't pass to rescind because there wasn't a majority. I really hope I'm wrong about the president voting. Someone there had to know more about how to run a meeting than I do.

The President of the school board has 1 vote - He / She is not just a tie breaker. (Sometimes the Mayor of a city votes only to break a tie, but this is school district - not a city)

Are you sure? The president of our Lions Club doesn't even vote unless there is a tie. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just want to be sure you are right. I think I will google Roberts Rules of Order. If you are sure though let me know.

Positively, the president of a school board will vote on all issues...... This is fact.

Good I'm glad to know that. He has been a long time friend and even though we don't agree on this issue, I didn't want things being done the wrong way nor did I want to believe that he would do them that way.

Guest jackbquick

Again by taking away the busing it will take them 125 years to get the budget to balance and that's at only a 1.5 million dollar deficit and that's without interest.

Can you give some examples of "some bigger fish to fry" just so us outsiders can understand a little more about what is going on over there in WOS. Not trying to start anything I am just curious if people in the community have any ideas as to other ways to save money and have those ideas been presented at these meetings.

Can you give some examples of "some bigger fish to fry" just so us outsiders can understand a little more about what is going on over there in WOS. Not trying to start anything I am just curious if people in the community have any ideas as to other ways to save money and have those ideas been presented at these meetings.

The first thing I would say is that only a few people are allowed to even speak at the meetings. Yes we have talked about other ways to solve the problem but do we have the exact answer. Probably not. Which is why we asked to continue busing until school was out and that would give us (community,parents and school board) time to come up with a solution that would work for everyone and save some money at the same time. If we are operating at the deficit they are telling us we are then it's unfortunate but to cut that kind of money we are going to have to cut people. At the very least make them and their job more efficient.

Well...

No Kidding COOP 16k is not that much... But My lord...  they have a 1.5 Million dollar deficit.... they have a ton of cuts to make. I am sure all non essential programs are getting cut or less funding.

Well...

No Kidding COOP 16k is not that much... But My lord...  they have a 1.5 Million dollar deficit.... they have a ton of cuts to make. I am sure all non essential programs are getting cut or less funding.

But how did it get this far out of hand????????

You may be right about the other programs but no one knows because all they said is they had to start somewhere. Why with a program that does so much for kids?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012