WO-S Bus Transportation voted down

WO-S 89

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Hardin made a motion to rescind the November vote until school was out and then try to find a way to either fund it or do something different and Ricky Jacobs seconded it. There was discussion that didn't amount to much and then they voted. This is where it got strange for me. Nancy Byers wasn't there. So we have 5 voting board members and a president who votes only in ties. Now I hope I'm wrong about my knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order. As soon as the vote was called for the president immediately voted to rescind along with Dr. Hardin and Ricky Jacobs. Then of course the other three (Mitchell, Botley and Barclay) voted against rescinding. We had a Superintendant, a board president, a school attorney and a whole school board. There is no way that I was the only one that knew the president doesn't vote. That's what makes me think they knew the outcome before they voted. It looked alot better to finish in a tie than to say it was voted down. Now it just didn't pass to rescind because there wasn't a majority. I really hope I'm wrong about the president voting. Someone there had to know more about how to run a meeting than I do.

The President of the school board has 1 vote - He / She is not just a tie breaker. (Sometimes the Mayor of a city votes only to break a tie, but this is school district - not a city)

Dr. Hardin made a motion to rescind the November vote until school was out and then try to find a way to either fund it or do something different and Ricky Jacobs seconded it. There was discussion that didn't amount to much and then they voted. This is where it got strange for me. Nancy Byers wasn't there. So we have 5 voting board members and a president who votes only in ties. Now I hope I'm wrong about my knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order. As soon as the vote was called for the president immediately voted to rescind along with Dr. Hardin and Ricky Jacobs. Then of course the other three (Mitchell, Botley and Barclay) voted against rescinding. We had a Superintendant, a board president, a school attorney and a whole school board. There is no way that I was the only one that knew the president doesn't vote. That's what makes me think they knew the outcome before they voted. It looked alot better to finish in a tie than to say it was voted down. Now it just didn't pass to rescind because there wasn't a majority. I really hope I'm wrong about the president voting. Someone there had to know more about how to run a meeting than I do.

The President of the school board has 1 vote - He / She is not just a tie breaker. (Sometimes the Mayor of a city votes only to break a tie, but this is school district - not a city)

Are you sure? The president of our Lions Club doesn't even vote unless there is a tie. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just want to be sure you are right. I think I will google Roberts Rules of Order. If you are sure though let me know.

Are you sure? The president of our Lions Club doesn't even vote unless there is a tie. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just wont to be sure you are right. I think I will google Roberts Rules of Order. If you are sure though let me know.

Generally in school board votes, all 7 members vote.

I really thought this would go the other way..........How many citizens showed up?

I'm not sure. It's not a huge room but there were people standing and people outside of the room.

Did they allow speakers? If so, did they ( the board ) pay attention, or did they look down at their papers, or around the room?

Are you sure? The president of our Lions Club doesn't even vote unless there is a tie. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just wont to be sure you are right. I think I will google Roberts Rules of Order. If you are sure though let me know.

I hope you are right.

td SORRY MY FRIEND  MY MOTHER -IN - LAW WAS HAVEING CHEST PAINS DONT LOOK TO GOOD . something is not adding up around the wo-s school board just look in there eyes and tell me what you see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. omg what is it going to take to help the kids that relly need this  :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hope you are right.

Most ( all that I know of) have it that all 7 vote. WO-S may have a different rule, but I doubt it.

The interesting thing was that they came up with a new number as far as the cost go. The new cost is $16000 of which they said we have used only $5400 of that so far. That only leaves basketball and track left as far as sports go to take home. I didn't really understand how that could be if football used the buses the most yet we have only used about 1/3 of last years cost.

The interesting thing was that they came up with a new number as far as the cost go. The new cost is $16000 of which they said we have used only $5400 of that so far. That only leaves basketball and track left as far as sports go to take home. I didn't really understand how that could be if football used the buses the most yet we have only used about 1/3 of last years cost.

A Whopping 16,000

When they talked about this new number. They said it was different than the $25000 that they said it was but it was considerably more than the number presented by Coach Hooks. When it was really only about $7000 more then coach said but $9000 less than what they said. Funny how people can spin things and get away with it.

Just curious, but do some of you experts on the district know the real reason why they are getting rid of extra curricular transportation? I have seen school districts spend money on really goofy stuff, but if all kids athletes, NHS, band, UIL Academic kids could use this bus system, it makes good sense. Trust me, in 3-4 months, WO-S ISD will blow some money on some stuff that you look at and say, "Why do we need that?"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0