Who is the Best to come out of your school

Austin Farias - Orangefield - 2000-2004

This list i can make only goes back about 15-20 years, because thats all i know but i dont know if anyone past 15-20 years is even deserving.  I would have to defer to bleedorange on that one. lol.  In no particular order, i'd say these guys should be mentioned.

Chris Ford- 4 yr starter, 3 yrs all district and made all state, would be #1 on my list.

Kirby Dorman- 3 yrs all district i believe and he made all state

Austin Farias- already mentioned earlier

There is a current player who could make this list but he still has some work to do.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=18pt]This is my top 10 from Ozen

This list is an opinion, so please do not take this personal. This list is based off of winning, making teammates better and statistics.

1. Kendrick Perkins- All everything

2. Keena Young- 3rd team All Power Bar, All state, All Region, and All District

3. Kris Richards-1st team All State, All Region, All District

4. Albert Marshall-2nd team All State, All Region, All District

5. Desmond Cooper-All Region, All District

6. Mack Randall- All State, All Region, All District

7. Joe Lamb- All Region, All District

8. Tigee Rideaux- Academic All State, All District

9. DeCarlos Frank-All State, All Region, All District

10.â€P-nutt†Boutte - All State, All Region, All District

This list is an opinion, so please do not take this personal. This list is based off of winning, making teammates better and statistics.

Looks good.  Not bad. 

Silsbee's best wuld have to have beed Darrel McArthur

Back in the day, class of '75 they had a brother named Michael Dabney.  He could do it all.  He had a deadly accurate jumper, and he could hit it from downtown 3 pt range on in.  He could do it al.  He could dribble, had mad handles, rebound, take it to the rack, everything.  His nephew played at Ozen with Perkins. 

Darrell MacArthur may have been close, but I don't think he could of been better than Michael Dabney.

Weaver Ned. '83

I think it was Becnol. '02 I think. He was really good! LSU wanted him until he blew out his knee the beginning of his senior year.

I didn't see Becnol so I can't compare the two but Weaver is the only Ned player I know that played in a NCAA National Championship for University of Houston. 

Well I never saw Weaver either but I know what Becnol can still do and he still is a beast.

Looks good.  Not bad. 

o but when i have decarlos on the list as one of the best to come through ozen its a crime huh??

Back in the day, class of '75 they had a brother named Michael Dabney.  He could do it all.   He had a deadly accurate jumper, and he could hit it from downtown 3 pt range on in.  He could do it al.  He could dribble, had mad handles, rebound, take it to the rack, everything.   His nephew played at Ozen with Perkins.   

Darrell MacArthur may have been close, but I don't think he could of been better than Michael Dabney.

I saw both of these players play. Not taking anything away from Dabney, but McArthur was on another level. McArthur was a McDonald's All-American, I think Dabney may have made all-state honorable mention.

Guest spinks

Kelly

Edward Persia

Jude Messina

Ryan Zummo

Taylor Mullenax

The Messina/Zummo team was a heck of a team.

Someone needs to just put kountze down and say the Hancock and Hall families

Ryan Hunter belongs at number 1 or 2 on this list.  Persia in him run close race.  This guy was GOOOOOD!

Looks good.  Not bad. 

o but when i have decarlos on the list as one of the best to come through ozen its a crime huh??

It's because you and I know that Franks shoudn't be in no. 2.  He shouldn't be in the top 5, if you know basketball talent.  That would be like me or any Central fan making Gulley the no. 2 of alltime.  That would be ludicrous!

Looks good.  Not bad. 

It's because you and I know that Franks shoudn't be in no. 2.  He shouldn't be in the top 5, if you know basketball talent.  That would be like me or any Central fan making Gulley the no. 2 of alltime.  That would be ludicrous!

and how do you figure that?? i did forget about kris richard though

Guest aschrapps

Kelly

Edward Persia

Jude Messina

Ryan Zummo

Taylor Mullenax

The Messina/Zummo team was a heck of a team.

Someone needs to just put kountze down and say the Hancock and Hall families

Ryan Hunter belongs at number 1 or 2 on this list.  Persia in him run close race.  This guy was GOOOOOD!

[/quote

Yeah  but Jude and Ryan were both 1000 point scorers on the same team. They were both stone cold players. Also Mullenax played two years with them. That was a great team.

ME!!!

It makes me feel so proud that nobody has disputed this. I thank you.

BTW, the best basketball player to come out of Silsbee really is Darrell McArthur, McDonalds All-American. ;)

I did not have my computer last night so I am reading this for the first time!!!!!!  If you are one of the best then either you did not graduate from Silsbee or the Silsbee program must have really sucked backed then!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Oh contraire. Silsbee basketball has never sucked, particularly back then. ;) ;D Hey, I was the only "white boy" ;D that could dunk in our high school. I broke the personna of "white boys can't jump". ;D

Hey Lazeek, don't judge me by my looks now, that's what 20 years of marriage and broadcasting will do to ya. ;D

TOKEN WHITE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I was considered a brother even though I was the only white dot running up and down the courts at Waldo Mathews, 9th Street or Exquisite Park. ;D

Waldo Matthews.  wow.  You brought up some memories with that one.  9th street also.  James Simmons lived around the corner from there.  So did Dabney.  Exquisite park is a new one on me.  Never heard of it.

DB

Back in the day, class of '75 they had a brother named Michael Dabney.  He could do it all.   He had a deadly accurate jumper, and he could hit it from downtown 3 pt range on in.  He could do it al.  He could dribble, had mad handles, rebound, take it to the rack, everything.   His nephew played at Ozen with Perkins.   

David Brown has to be on that list.  He was all american also.

~ Kountzer ~

I saw both of these players play. Not taking anything away from Dabney, but McArthur was on another level. McArthur was a McDonald's All-American, I think Dabney may have made all-state honorable mention.

Guest A-TOWN

Buna Boy's back in the day

Clayton " Air" Allen

Aaron Allen

Brock Cotton

Michael McMahon

LeJohn Brown

Roy Lewis

Keith Whitmire

Justin Marks

Scott Hawk

Bryan Whitmire

Clayton " Air" Allen

Aaron Allen

Brock Cotton

Michael McMahon

LeJohn Brown

Roy Lewis

Keith Whitmire

Justin Marks

Scott Hawk

Bryan Whitmire

Hate to trump ya A-Town, but the best to come out of Buna has to be the Stanley brothers, Don and Pat.

Don still holds the all time most points scored in a state championship game, any classification, with 51.

Guest A-TOWN

Clayton " Air" Allen

Aaron Allen

Brock Cotton

Michael McMahon

LeJohn Brown

Roy Lewis

Keith Whitmire

Justin Marks

Scott Hawk

Bryan Whitmire

Hate to trump ya A-Town, but the best to come out of Buna has to be the Stanley brothers, Don and Pat.

Don still holds the all time most points scored in a state championship game, any classification, with 51.

Its ok, i didnt get to know much about them back in the day

Weaver Ned. '83

I think it was Becnol. '02 I think. He was really good! LSU wanted him until he blew out his knee the beginning of his senior year.

I didn't see Becnol so I can't compare the two but Weaver is the only Ned player I know that played in a NCAA National Championship for University of Houston. 

Well I never saw Weaver either but I know what Becnol can still do and he still is a beast.

I have no idea what Weaver could do now.  But I would think after 25 years that he would have slowed down a step or two. ;D  I wish Nederland had more than just two players to debate.

Weaver Ned. '83

I have no idea what Weaver could do now.  But I would think after 25 years that he would have slowed down a step or two. ;D  I wish Nederland had more than just two players to debate.

If this Nederland team wins some playoff games Hammond has to receive some consideration, and Forney is already a beast when he gets on the block and he still has to years left.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder