Who is the Best to come out of your school

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Wolfe arent good lol. I could name bout 5 players could play and 3 of them played on lumbertons playoff team back in 2000. There way better than the wolfes

Guest bleed orange

Deweyville's  Bimbow Wilson(SP)  He could score coming out the locker room! If he would of had a 3 point line put about 9 more on his avg.

I agree DPfan. Bimbow was before my time. But I did play with him at old first orange baptist church in Orangefield. He was older but still had skills. Matter of fact, a few Deweyville players and me played some kids from WOS that night and beat them. Bimbows older brother played with us that night. I met all the wilson brothers on a job and we became friends.

You cannot possibly be living in the same Golden Triangle as I do.  Cody Becnel to LSU?  Travis Hearne to Cincinnatti?  The discussion of best player in Nederland history starts with Jaime Weaver and ends with Jaime Weaver.  After him you gotta start talking about Corey Loupe, Rick Neely, Kody Becnel (ended up passing on your "scholarship to LSU" and opted to play at Lamar-Port Arthur), and you could probably throw in Chris Hammond. 

You cannot possibly be living in the same Golden Triangle as I do.  Cody Becnel to LSU?  Travis Hearne to Cincinnatti?  The discussion of best player in Nederland history starts with Jaime Weaver and ends with Jaime Weaver.  After him you gotta start talking about Corey Loupe, Rick Neely, Kody Becnel (ended up passing on your "scholarship to LSU" and opted to play at Lamar-Port Arthur), and you could probably throw in Chris Hammond. 

Okay like I said Kody Becnol had LSU interested until he blew out his knee and they gave up on him after the injury. Travis still has all his letters from schools and one that have personally seen asking him to go on an official visit to Cincinnatti. He told them no he would rather play baseball. I never saw Weaver play like I said. I know there was a great coach weaver at Nederland but growing up and playing there I haven't ever heard about the player so I dont know how good he was. I know Loupe and Neely were very good as well. Hammond gets a playoff berth and wins he has to be considered at the top.

Okay like I said Kody Becnol had LSU interested until he blew out his knee and they gave up on him after the injury. Travis still has all his letters from schools and one that have personally seen asking him to go on an official visit to Cincinnatti. He told them no he would rather play baseball. I never saw Weaver play like I said. I know there was a great coach weaver at Nederland but growing up and playing there I haven't ever heard about the player so I dont know how good he was. I know Loupe and Neely were very good as well. Hammond gets a playoff berth and wins he has to be considered at the top.

Making it to the playoffs doesn't put anyone there.  4 teams go now.  When Weaver played only 1 team went.  If three went back in 1983 then Nederland would have been in the playoffs.  A different system now.  I believe they would have beaten the current Bulldog Team. 

Making it to the playoffs doesn't put anyone there.  4 teams go now.  When Weaver played only 1 team went.  If three went back in 1983 then Nederland would have been in the playoffs.  A different system now.  I believe they would have beaten the current Bulldog Team.  

Very true. I understand that. But winning makes players great. A lot of great players that are on losing teams don't get the credit they deserve. Winners make a team so much better. Look at MJ and Kobe. Its part of why we can't begin to consider Lebron one of the greats yet. If Chris goes to the playoffs it will go a long way as to who is the best to come through NHS.

:o :o :o :o :o What no BumbleBees ???????  Tsk Tsk 

Earl Evans

R C Mullins  Ronnie Halliburton

B J Tyler

Mike Jaco

Stephen Jackson

Emanuel Mcelroy

Anthony Allen

Long Goody Allen    Bryan Sallier

Thad Sanders

Kelvin Mckyer

Donzell Henton

Man the list is so long I cant put em all on here so dont be mad if someone you know aint on here, having a brain fart or something. Winning just came natural at the hive, and we all know who ran Southeast Tx( Houston included) for well over 40 years....LINCOLN H S  BEES...... and to the guy who posted the Central HS all time how could you forget Perry Hill that lil dude was a monster.....

I miss the Lincoln HS Bumblebees.  They brought something special to golden triangle basketball, and to Texas HS basketball as well.    DB

Very true. I understand that. But winning makes players great. A lot of great players that are on losing teams don't get the credit they deserve. Winners make a team so much better. Look at MJ and Kobe. Its part of why we can't begin to consider Lebron one of the greats yet. If Chris goes to the playoffs it will go a long way as to who is the best to come through NHS.

Your loyalty is admirable, but every person on here that has seen Weaver play and also has seen Becnol, Chris, etc.  have the same opinion.  Are you kin or something? 

:o :o :o :o :o What no BumbleBees ???????  Tsk Tsk 

Earl Evans

R C Mullins  Ronnie Halliburton

B J Tyler

Mike Jaco

Stephen Jackson

Emanuel Mcelroy

Anthony Allen

Long Goody Allen    Bryan Sallier

Thad Sanders

Kelvin Mckyer

Donzell Henton

Man the list is so long I cant put em all on here so dont be mad if someone you know aint on here, having a brain fart or something. Winning just came natural at the hive, and we all know who ran Southeast Tx( Houston included) for well over 40 years....LINCOLN H S  BEES...... and to the guy who posted the Central HS all time how could you forget Perry Hill that lil dude was a monster.....

'

You forgot Corey Valsin!

• 11 months later...
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="504085" timestamp="1231836432"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=47993.msg499500#msg499500 date=1231230621]
Weaver Ned. '83
[/quote]

Did this kid play at New Caney and then move to Ned ? Jamie, I think is the first name.
[/quote]

Hey Eagle07,
Yes this is the same Weaver from New Caney. You are correct it is Jaime. He had a sweet left handed shot. I used to school him in one on one. He was only a sophmore though when I played with him. His dad left New Caney to coach at Nederland for Jaime's senior year. Coach Weaver was a heck of a coach in my opinion. If anyone over there has a contact for either Jaime or his dad please PM me. Would love to get in contact with them.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="742318" timestamp="1263246266"]
1. Damon Sweet
2. Skip Jackson
3. Clarence Matthews
4. Edward Garett
5. Perry hill
5. Jamar Gulley
6. Keith Carbon
7. Brandon Moton
8. Ronnie Davis
9. Dominique Young
10. Damon Bassett
11. Big Walt
12. Demond Chambers
13. Kensly Barrett
14. Anthony Collins
15. Darrelll Goolsby
I added a few names!
[/quote]Good list.  But I would have added Marcus White (Kid that scored 55 points in a game) and Jared Westbrooks (played for LSC-PA). I almost forgot about Keith Fisher.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="499500" timestamp="1231230621"]
Weaver Ned. '83
[/quote]

Jamie Weaver was a very good player but not the best to come out of Nederland.  That honor belongs to Buddy Davis ('48).  Davis was 6' 8" and averaged over 30 points his senior season at Nederland and accounted for 60% of the Bulldogs' points that season.  At Texas A&M Davis became an All-American in basketball and an Olympic high jumper.  Davis won the gold medal with an Olympic record in the high jump at the 1952 Olympics.  In 1953 Davis set the world record in the high jump.  He also played six years in the NBA.

I realize that this was over 50 years ago but the discussion of who is the best basketball player (and probably best athlete) to come out of Nederland starts and stops with Buddy Davis.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder