Sad News from Silsbee

Southpaw

One dead and four injured in Friday crash

11/08/08

By Mike Lout

Email this story to a friend

A Hardin County man died on Friday evening when the vehicle he was driving collided head on with pick up truck about 7.5 miles north of Jasper on Highway 96. The Texas Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred shortly after 9:00, when a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, which was southbound on Highway 96, for some unknown reason, crossed over the centerline and ran head on into a northbound 1996 Dodge pick up truck.

The driver of the Chevrolet, Joel Scott Schooling, 19, of Silsbee, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Dodge, William Isaac Rawls, a 22 year old oilfield worker from Pineland and three of his passengers, Angel Jacobs, 23, Clint Jacobs, 6, and 1 year old William Braden Rawls, all of Pineland, were all taken to Christus Jasper Memorial Hospital where they were at last word still undergoing treatment.

The accident was investigated by state trooper Eric Malone, who filed a report saying that both the deceased and Rawls were wearing seat belts when the crash occurred.

well i havent been on this forum in a while, but a friend told me about this tragedy today and i wanted to get on here and say something

I didnt know joel as a person, but i knew he was a great baseball player who had a great future, i am very sad to hear about this....my prayers go out to his family for the loss...that just shows that nobody is guaranteed another day...

Guest Orangeboy

Joel was a great kid and will be missed greatly. He was a young man of few words, but he lived the right way. I'm very glad I got the opportunity to be around this young man for 2 years. My heart and prayers go out to his family and his friends.

Prayers sent from Jasper. I only knew Joel from watching him on the baseball field. What a competitor. I never heard anyone have anything negative to say about him. He must have been a great person. I hope that God will be with all of the families involved and give them peace during this terrible time.

One dead and four injured in Friday crash

11/08/08

By Mike Lout

Email this story to a friend

A Hardin County man died on Friday evening when the vehicle he was driving collided head on with pick up truck about 7.5 miles north of Jasper on Highway 96. The Texas Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred shortly after 9:00, when a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, which was southbound on Highway 96, for some unknown reason, crossed over the centerline and ran head on into a northbound 1996 Dodge pick up truck.

The driver of the Chevrolet, Joel Scott Schooling, 19, of Silsbee, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Dodge, William Isaac Rawls, a 22 year old oilfield worker from Pineland and three of his passengers, Angel Jacobs, 23, Clint Jacobs, 6, and 1 year old William Braden Rawls, all of Pineland, were all taken to Christus Jasper Memorial Hospital where they were at last word still undergoing treatment.

The accident was investigated by state trooper Eric Malone, who filed a report saying that both the deceased and Rawls were wearing seat belts when the crash occurred.

Tragic!  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder