Still Searching for a Coach...... Larry Neumann To La Marque?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with applying for another job. Maybe he is just weighing his options and seeing what is out there. I am sure all of us have done this at one time or another. It has nothing to do with being unhappy or wanting to leave, just seeing what's out there. I see nothing wrong with it although I hope we do not lose him!

Guest Nederland Bandit

I'm sure he likes 5A, but Coaches want a State Championship and LaMarque has produced a few of them. I agree with Jake nothing wrong with applying for other jobs, we've all done it.

Does Suggs not like it at the big 5a program in Aldine?  He's willing to go back down to 4a?  I don't know about that.  In that case, he should have just stayed at Central.

The big difference between a Central or a Nimitz is they're in a multi-school district while LM is it's own little island of tradition and rings.  This could further enhance the Suggs legacy if he could land this job and make it to state....

I am with many of you that size it up by stating that Coach is trying to better his $$$. Whats wrong with that? Man has done your school a great job over the years and now he looks around? What gives? You guys that are hot about it know that you would leave your job for a quarter a hour.

I know all about what Neumann means to Nederland. But, if he decides to leave, I think you're next coach is already on staff. If Monte Barrow doesn't get that job, I think that it would be a BIG mistake. If they pass him up, somebody tell him to come to PN-G !!!! ;D

I know all about what Neumann means to Nederland. But, if he decides to leave, I think you're next coach is already on staff. If Monte Barrow doesn't get that job, I think that it would be a BIG mistake. If they pass him up, somebody tell him to come to PN-G !!!! ;D

You can have him.  But you know MB wants to call the plays!!  :D

Guest Penny

Bingo Tribesman, one of the better high school OC's in the area.  Funny how teams that face us say that he does such a good job, but his own usually call for his head.  I agree that he's very innovative and creative.  Like last year, people kept screaming for Nederland to run the ball, when we averaged like .3 yard/carry... what was the point?  He does a good job. 

Guest Penny

Way more than X's and O's, Neumann has brought a nasty, confident, and determined approach to football and Nederland.  It's hard to gauge how someone may work with the kids from Nederland... some have come and gone with the X's and O's credentials, but didn't mesh well with our kids.  Right now, in addition to the right head coach, Nederland has a tremendous staff that meshes well with the kids.  In the past, I would've agreed that we needed to go outside, hiring Neumann was the perfect example of the right time.  But, right now may not be the right time.  I say hire the best person for the program, don't box yourself in to saying inside or outside the program... pick the best person for the job considering ALL of the variables.

It seems like Larry is Lamarque's top prospect.

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=786564

Bro I would not read to much into that bc it boils down to who knows who. One of these chaps whether it is your coach or whoever  has been asked to submit their name and that person will get the job. So hang loose bc old Larry Boy may be around for a while and if he leaves up the $$$$$ and get someone better. Luv makes the world go around and money greases the axles. Nederland will not have a problem if Larry decides to leave or stay. Tell Larry to call me and lets talk about this bc he may need a agent at the rate he is going.  ;D How old is Larry anway?

i say we are all making too much of all this if larry stays or goes we will be fine  ive met and known alot of coaches from several cities and states other than texas and have not met 1 good coach that didnt have the desire to get  or be on top!!we here in nederland can certainly thank god for larry in turning our program around but in the same breath we will send 4 teams to playoffs next year.    .i cant see anyone on our current staff and believe me larry has got someone in mind that he will reccomend. that couldnt take the returning squad with incoming varsity players and be 1 of 4 teams to go .i for 1 am happy for what he has done while hes been here however i feel no need to brag about making playoffs as 1 of 3 or 4 teams now going.so in closing coaching is like any other buisness or career someone that doesnt have the desire or drive to better themselves or company or team normally become stagnent and end up retiring or burn out i say goodluck to larry in whatever decision he makes and life goes on

Guest abovetherim

Please don't go Coach Neumann!!! I know I haven't been the biggest advocate of Nederland HS football but I was really excited for my son to play for you at Nederland by his junior or senior season. No my son won't be a outstanding athlete but he is a hard worker and isn't a quiter and will give you 100% on the field or I'll deal with it at home. I don't expect him to be a great player but if I know he is giving 100% I'm happy. Black and Gold never looked so good until I saw my son wearing the colors.

I guess the pride of Nederland football grows on you.

My son loves football and loves Nederland. Someone better pony up the money to keep this man at Nederland. He is a great HC. Great!!!

Please don't go Coach Neumann!!! I know I haven't been the biggest advocate of Nederland HS football but I was really excited for my son to play for you at Nederland by his junior or senior season. No my son won't be a outstanding athlete but he is a hard worker and isn't a quiter and will give you 100% on the field or I'll deal with it at home. I don't expect him to be a great player but if I know he is giving 100% I'm happy. Black and Gold never looked so good until I saw my son wearing the colors.

I guess the pride of Nederland football grows on you.

My son loves football and loves Nederland. Someone better pony up the money to keep this man at Nederland. He is a great HC. Great!!!

Dang Rim you gonna be OK? Take it to the rim and raise ten large to get the fuzz's out of the way. No doubt that this man has meant much to your community and your boys. Marshall lost their much beloved Coach Southern to Belton two years ago and not so sure that move has panned out like he thought it would. Have to be careful what you wish for bc you may get it and would hate to see Larry be unhappy. Whether he goes or stays life goes on and there are plenty of good coaches that would jump at the Nederland job. If you want to keep him get on the phone with the board members and supid and raise some cain bc that will get it done.

Coog Nation would love to have Coach Nuemann, his coaching abilities and his teams have always had the highest respect when we play the Nederland Bulldogs. They are more than a quality opponent and very disciplined. We think our starting salary of $93,000 - $97,000 is comfortable along with incentives, but 15 years of coaching experience should net him six figures.  Whoooosh!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder