Who Makes The Top 3 This Season In 21 3A?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-West Orange-Stark and Silsbee for sure..then I woud say between Bridge City and Hamshire Fannett for the third spot.. Bridge City has all but 6 players coming back and they're working hard for this upcoming season with great effort i and Hamshire Fannetts's got a couple of good guys coming back too.... after that I think Orangefield, then Hardin-Jefferson

WO-S

SILSBEE

BC

------

HF

OF

HJ

I really can understand the lack of respect for HF this time last year, But to leave them off any top 3 in this district next year is just flat out criminal. The Horns beat Silsbee this year by 21. And I have heard of eternal optimism by fans but BC going from 0-10, giving up over 60 points a game in district this past year to a playoff team next is really asking alot, don't you think.

To answer your question, HF has 18 returning letterman, and 6/8 (O/D) starters back from last year, and a 9-1 JV record. So this may help some make their predictions based on facts.

Anyway I see it as a battle between WOS and HF for the crown with Silsbee and OF battling for the last playoff spot.

Guest Bulldog

I really can understand the lack of respect for HF this time last year, But to leave them off any top 3 in this district next year is just flat out criminal. The Horns beat Silsbee this year by 21. And I have heard of eternal optimism by fans but BC going from 0-10, giving up over 60 points a game in district this past year to a playoff team next is really asking alot, don't you think.

To answer your question, HF has 18 returning letterman, and 6/8 (O/D) starters back from last year, and a 9-1 JV record. So this may help some make their predictions based on facts.

Anyway I see it as a battle between WOS and HF for the crown with Silsbee and OF battling for the last playoff spot.

Your right for BC to be predicting that there counting there chickens before they hatch.. ;D

BC

HF

OF

Silsbee

HJ

WOS

WOS should have a cakewalk with kirbyville and jasper out of the picture.  Silsbee ought to make it pretty easily as well.  that leaves a dogfight for 3rd place.  i'm gonna lean towards HF right now, but we'll see what happens when district starts.

you're right about BC fans being a little too optimistic.  i think the only thing more optimistic on this thread is you saying that HF will be "battling" WOS for the crown.  HF may be much improved (note that i picked them to make the playoffs), but i don't see WOS allowing any district opponent to finish a game closer than 21 points back next season.

Your right for BC to be predicting that there counting there chickens before they hatch.. ;D

Hey man don't be mad jsut because you didn't make it in the playoffs your Senior year...Bridge City has went 0-10 and made the playoffs before and it's very possible it will happen again...the 1999 Season BC went 0-10, the next year they made the playoffs... BC has just as much chance as anyo..ne else in the district next year..because last year is last year..look at next year's team and tell me they won't compete for a playoff spot

Based on the way OF closed last year, they should seriously contend.  They can beat anybody but WOS realistically... and anything can happen if they can put 4 qtrs together.  They can matchup with Silsbee, and anyone else on their schedule.  Just my op.

Guest tigersvoice

Hey man don't be mad jsut because you didn't make it in the playoffs your Senior year...Bridge City has went 0-10 and made the playoffs before and it's very possible it will happen again...the 1999 Season BC went 0-10, the next year they made the playoffs... BC has just as much chance as anyo..ne else in the district next year..because last year is last year..look at next year's team and tell me they won't compete for a playoff spot

Contend for a play-off spot, you might.  But, NO, you don't have "Just as much chance as anyone else in the district next year" as long as WO-S is in the district.  Allegiance to your team and school is one thing - reality is quite another.  If you rephrase to "Just as much chance as anyone else in the district next year with the exception of WO-S" then you have a REAL assessment.

While I firmly believe and back my Mustangs, remember:  any team can beat another team on any given day depending on the circumstances.  That being said, I believe that the Mustangs will come out on top, but to just say that something can't happen...

Lets be serious

Anything can happen, but i seriously doubt BC will knock em off

Guest Wos Grad 2000

I would like to go D1 this year, look at D2, you have Gilmer, Tatum, D2 is loaded. Need Silsbee to not make the playoffs. Could happen to heck HF beat them last season. Go HF and OF.

• 2 weeks later...

What does HF and HJ have coming back.  I know BC has about the whole team back.  WOS is the favorite (what else is new), followed by Silsbee in my book.  The third spot is up for grabs!!

HJ isn't losing much, we'll return 10 starters on Defense and 7 or 8 starters on offense that plus some good players to replace those few losses and i think we have a shot at a playoff spot next year...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin