End of an Era: Boy Scouts of America Officially Changes Name to Embrace Inclusivity After 114 Years!

The name Boy Scouts as part of Boy Scouts of America ended five years ago.

They went to Scouting BSA. They quit using the term Boy Scouts a few years ago. Some people are a little late to the protest. 

The Boy Scouts have been co-ed for about 50 years in some programs and all of them years ago. They quit completely being completely “boy” scouts like back in the 70’s with Explorers.

So they went to Scouting America.

Horrible!!

They are currently about 1.2 million scouts of which almost 200,000 are girls. This isn’t new.

They simply changed the name to Scouting America as the parent organization. Again, the name Boy Scouts ended a while back.

They didn’t change their logo to a transgender person, didn’t change the qualifications, they didn’t take “America” out of the name, etc.

Sometimes I wonder how far people will go to be offended….. 

10 hours ago, baddog said:

What about Girl Scouts? Hope it doesn’t ever affect the cookies. 

Boy Scouts has been plagued for years. 

Yup.  All they’re doing is changing the names. Girls have been allowed in for years 

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Surely you see a bigger agenda than simply changing names.

The agenda has been in place is what I’m saying.  They’ve allowed gay scout leaders and members and females for the last several years.  So the only thing really changing at this point is the name.  Kind of a dumb move, IMO, because it just brings attention back to that point.  But who knows, around half the country is liberal, so maybe they figure they can tap into membership on the other side of the aisle since most conservatives are done with them at this point.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

The agenda has been in place is what I’m saying.  They’ve allowed gay scout leaders and members and females for the last several years.  So the only thing really changing at this point is the name.  

Understood, and I agree.

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

In the 1975 song "Welcome to The Machine" by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters refers to the Boy Scouts as "scouting for boys". Prophetic? LOL.

He’s actually referring to an actual book entitled “Scouting for Boys” written in 1908 by a British Army officer thought to have begun the scouting movement. Waters was probably using this line to show that the kid had a normal life before becoming a musician and a part of the machine (the music industry). An excellent song. One of many by Pink Floyd. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

He’s actually referring to an actual book entitled “Scouting for Boys” written in 1908 by a British Army officer thought to have begun the scouting movement. Waters was probably using this line to show that the kid had a normal life before becoming a musician and a part of the machine (the music industry). An excellent song. One of many by Pink Floyd. 

I knew Waters was referring to a kid having a normal life in that line. That's why I put the LOL on the end. Thanks for expanding on it.

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

They went to Scouting BSA. They quit using the term Boy Scouts a few years ago. Some people are a little late to the protest. 

The Boy Scouts have been co-ed for about 50 years in some programs and all of them years ago. They quit completely being completely “boy” scouts like back in the 70’s with Explorers.

Horrible!!

They are currently about 1.2 million scouts of which almost 200,000 are girls. This isn’t new.

They simply changed the name to Scouting America as the parent organization. Again, the name Boy Scouts ended a while back.

They didn’t change their logo to a transgender person, didn’t change the qualifications, they didn’t take “America” out of the name, etc.

See Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben’s rice

13 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Horrible!!

Not yet, anyway.

If you can't see that there has been a strong effort to create gender dysphoria amongst young folks AND try to keep it from parents in many instances, you're not paying attention.

You may not care about this, but it's ridiculous to ridicule those that do.

There is an agenda behind this, no doubt about it, like bullets pointed out earlier, it's just a name change...for now.

And it was only very recently that girls were allowed to join the "boy scouts", they have been allowed to join certain other groups that weren't available to girls at the time.

It's the frog in the slow boil.

49 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not yet, anyway.

If you can't see that there has been a strong effort to create gender dysphoria amongst young folks AND try to keep it from parents in many instances, you're not paying attention.

There is an agenda behind this, no doubt about it, like bullets pointed out earlier, it's just a name change...for now.

And it was only very recently that girls were allowed to join the "boy scouts", they have been allowed to join certain other groups that weren't available to girls at the time.

Yep.

But as a whole, I've been pretty disenchanted with the Boy Scouts organization for a long time.

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep.

But as a whole, I've been pretty disenchanted with the Boy Scouts organization for a long time.

As am I, but it's because of caving to policies like the very ones we're speaking of.

Whether it's college athletics or boy scouts / girl scouts, there are those that do not want to let boys be boys and girls be girls, as God intended, and they're winning.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not yet, anyway.

Progressiveness.  They take what they can even if it’s just a fraction of time.  They play the long game and before you know it their sticky web surrounds you.

12 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

See Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben’s rice

The “Boy Scouts” ended 5 years ago and realistically about 4 decades ago.

Yes, they allowed girls in the Explorer Scouts probably 40 years ago and in other groups later. If you don’t think that girls should be in scouting, I won’t argue the opinion. 

In this case they only changed the name. If you remove Boys from Boy Scouts of America, it is Scouts of America. So now it is Scouting America instead of Scouts of America.