Boutte Retires - West Brook Hires Mike Thomas

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My opinion is Kenneth Coleman.  He would be the best choice if you want to win straight out the gates.  

Stop it! Anyone who gets the job is going to win. That's just the talent level of basketball in Beaumont now. And a lot of that has to do with Omar training these kids as babies up to highschool. But if they want WB to become something really special in Beaumont they need to give the job to Sneed. His relationship with the hoopers of Beumont no matter the age group is second to none.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Boutte Retires - West Brook Open
9 hours ago, Mamba said:

It’s not up him , there are various ppl who will have an input but the principal will have the last say . 

The A.D.

The Superintendent

The Principal

The School Board

Come On Man/Homey This is Nothing new The Fix is in Motion. The interview Process

is a formality to appease the general public. For the most part its who you know. There's

qualified coaches locally and in house. "BUT" LoL.... 

English   Wont Leave to come to BISD

K.Coleman** Former Summer Creek Head Coach**

M.Thomas ** Former Ozen Head Coach/ Former Temple Head Coach/ Current WB Assn.

O. Sneed   ** Former H.J. Assn./Girls...Current Lamar Women Assn.  Former Pro player             

Im sure others will apply. 

No Rocket Science needed to select The New Head Coach...JMO...

If we’re going off resume I think Coleman would be a slam dunk hire for WB. Proven winner & state champion. Should be #1 on the list.

The second call should go to Tigee Rideaux who’s had great success as a head coach & would be another slam dunk hire! However I doubt he moves back to Beaumont and wouldn’t count him out for the Summer Creek job. 

Next up would be Mike T, who’s been a key component to WB’s success and has essentially been acting as the Head Coach over the years without the title.

Omar would also be a great hire for this job as well. Would get all of the elite talent to come play at WB and has done a great job as an assistant. 

This hire would honestly be pretty hard for BISD to mess up, they should have a long list of elite applicants for this job.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:11 PM, HasBenchwarmer409 said:

BU assistant coach Keithan Hancock should be considered. One of the best (if not the best)assistants in the area, and will be a head coach someday! 

This is someone that deserves a shot… IlI don’t think they will give it to him but this man will be a head coach sooner than later IMO @AggiesAreWe

On 3/19/2024 at 10:49 PM, Excoach1970 said:

Omar has never been a head coach before right? This is a job that’s a good one and a guy with head coaching experience needs to get this job I’d say English, Thomas, Joubert 

I’d say there is about 0 chance Joubert leaves Kountze with what he has returning for next season IMO… and even after that he seems happy in Kountze IMO

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I’d say there is about 0 chance Joubert leaves Kountze with what he has returning for next season IMO… and even after that he seems happy in Kountze IMO

I totally agree....So the Cat and Mouse game will be played out per PROTOCOL.....

Coleman....Thomas....Sneed....jmo....

On 3/20/2024 at 1:59 AM, Coach_Izzy said:

If we’re going off resume I think Coleman would be a slam dunk hire for WB. Proven winner & state champion. Should be #1 on the list.

The second call should go to Tigee Rideaux who’s had great success as a head coach & would be another slam dunk hire! However I doubt he moves back to Beaumont and wouldn’t count him out for the Summer Creek job. 

Next up would be Mike T, who’s been a key component to WB’s success and has essentially been acting as the Head Coach over the years without the title.

Omar would also be a great hire for this job as well. Would get all of the elite talent to come play at WB and has done a great job as an assistant. 

This hire would honestly be pretty hard for BISD to mess up, they should have a long list of elite applicants for this job.

So I have just one question? Why hasn't anyone mentioned Coach Frankie Paul he has had a good Head Coaching resume and he also was the Head Coach before the merger! And not to mention that he has a son in 9th grade and is the cousin of the best 8th grader in beaumont!!!!!

Gentleman lets keep it real for a moment all joking aside. The Westbrook job is a lock for English if he wanted it.

However in my opinion its not on his Radar. The AD has his pick but has to sell it to "well" we'll leave it at that.

We all can agree to disagree but two mentioned coaches will not  be a fit at Westbrook anyway you want to slice it.

JMO...

5 hours ago, The real 1906 said:

So I have just one question? Why hasn't anyone mentioned Coach Frankie Paul he has had a good Head Coaching resume and he also was the Head Coach before the merger! And not to mention that he has a son in 9th grade and is the cousin of the best 8th grader in beaumont!!!!!

I was told that Frankie had ran into problems at his HC job at Dobie to put into better words.  Word travels fast in the coaching realm.  You see where I’m going with this?

41 minutes ago, JustUs said:

The point remains how much negative baggage can an applicant have and still have a shot 

squeezing through that magical Back Door...Dropped the Mic....jmo....

If you're talking about Josh Mitchell sliding in there, I am here for it.  I'd love to see the wizard with some real talent.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Boutte Retires - West Brook Hires Mike Thomas