Who is your Super Gold team?

In advance of the Enterprise doing its Super Gold team, who are your 5 (and 5 ONLY, this isn’t a 145 man all SETX team as selected by the coaches).  For me, there are 4 no brainers - Dotson and Payia from BU, Simmons from WB, and Harris from Silsbee.  The 5th is a struggle between 2 in my mind, and I would lean Drelon Miller, even if he is a “football guy.”  The other option would be Sells from Kountze, who I would be fine with.  I would give the nod to Miller because he’s a senior and a more well rounded player imo.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

In advance of the Enterprise doing its Super Gold team, who are your 5 (and 5 ONLY, this isn’t a 145 man all SETX team as selected by the coaches).  For me, there are 4 no brainers - Dotson and Payia from BU, Simmons from WB, and Harris from Silsbee.  The 5th is a struggle between 2 in my mind, and I would lean Drelon Miller, even if he is a “football guy.”  The other option would be Sells from Kountze, who I would be fine with.  I would give the nod to Miller because he’s a senior and a more well rounded player imo.  

Yeah I like your list… Could you clarify on the more well rounded aspect ? Obviously miller has the more physical advantage being 6’2 compared to sells. Not knocking what you said just wanted some clarification into what you mean lol

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

Yeah I like your list… Could you clarify on the more well rounded aspect ? Obviously miller has the more physical advantage being 6’2 compared to sells. Not knocking what you said just wanted some clarification into what you mean lol

Good question.  Primarily defense and rebounding.  Size and athleticism certainly factor into that.  To oversimplify, if I’m picking teams in a pick up game, I’m almost always taking Miller first (unless it’s my last pick and I really need shooting).  No knock on Zac, him being in the conversation with 5 D1 players (and yes, Miller would be D1 in either sport), is high praise. 

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Who would be the 2nd five?

That’s a much tougher question and one that our site director would be much more qualified to answer 😉

In all seriousness, I would defer to someone who has seen ALL of the area teams to answer that one (I.e., you).  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That’s a much tougher question and one that our site director would be much more qualified to answer 😉

In all seriousness, I would defer to someone who has seen ALL of the area teams to answer that one (I.e., you).  

I hear ya.

Think I'll let BE handle that. Don't want any daddies or mommas blowing me up. lol

I will say that if Miller is 1st team, then Sells is the first selection for 2nd team.

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But here are some names to consider for that 2nd team:

(no particular order)

Bottley - Silsbee

Winn- LC-M

Seastrunk - Hamshire-Fannett

Garrett - West Brook

Wrinkle - Orangefield

Scales - Orangefield

Williams - United

Young - PA Memorial

Hilstock - PA Memorial

See I knew you were way better equipped.  That’s a really good list. 

FYI, the names I listed are strictly a list of players in the BE coverage area and not our coverage area. Otherwise, that list would change quite a bit.

Speaking of teams I have seen this season. My total of teams I personally saw this season ended up at 121. 

Game total ended up at 108.

That's now 8 consecutive seasons I have seen 100+ teams.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

FYI, the names I listed are strictly a list of players in the BE coverage area and not our coverage area. Otherwise, that list would change quite a bit.

Speaking of teams I have seen this season. My total of teams I personally saw this season ended up at 121. 

What’s the most teams seen in a single season? Ever broke the 150 mark? 

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Slacker 

1 hour ago, Tyler Dixson said:

To me it has to be Sells over Miller just for the fact he played more games. Drelon, while you could argue is the better player, only played 17 games. 

Good point but that hasn’t stopped him from being on the last the last 3yrs..