UIL to consider penalties for North Shore football for violating recruiting rules

19 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

I'll be shocked if anything more than a reprimand and probation is given to North Shore as a program...the Coach in question resigned before being let go...my guess is he'll get a suspension from coaching in the UIL

I’d love to see someone do an article explaining the rules on recruiting violations and how it all works. I’d be confident guessing that most fans, even dedicated year-round observers of the entire high school football process, don’t have a good grasp of it (i.e., Me and probably most of the state). As news like this breaks, it can very often be a mystery as to what exactly constitutes wrongdoing, what rules govern, and when player transfers DON’T amount to “recruiting.” It’s one of those things where in some contexts it seems like it’s open season and in others they lay down the hammer. The impression, even if not intended, is one of chaos and unpredictability. 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The UIL: "Former North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron recruited players from area schools, and is suspended for 3 years." 

Andrew Cameron: "I did in fact recruit players from area schools."

Coach Izzy: "Listen guys, that didn't actually happen.  Trust me."

🤣🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀💀💀

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The UIL: "Former North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron recruited players from area schools, and is suspended for 3 years." 

Andrew Cameron: "I did in fact recruit players from area schools."

Coach Izzy: "Listen guys, that didn't actually happen.  Trust me."

What players did he recruit there? Lol he reached out to the kid AND several others for interest in his recruiting service a company he’s been running long before he got to NS. If you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes please sit this one out.

Also you missed the part of the meeting where the GPISD Admin stated “Coach Cameron never admitted to us he attempted to recruit players during our investigation” 

Again y’all just be on here talking lol

6 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

What players did he recruit there? Lol he reached out to the kid AND several others for interest in his recruiting service a company he’s been running long before he got to NS. If you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes please sit this one out. 

I guess whichever ones he admitted to doing so to the UIL.  How would I know who they are?  I don't know a thing about the situation other than I just read through this thread and all of your "insider information" turned out to be worth about as much as what I personally already knew about it.

9 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I guess whichever ones he admitted to doing so to the UIL.  How would I know who they are?  I don't know a thing about the situation other than I just read through this thread and all of your "insider information" turned out to be worth about as much as what I personally already knew about it.

My point exactly 

52 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Yall be trippin not knowin the whole truth!!!! Real talk the only reason NS relevant to this day is because of me and my constant grind 💯 all the hate and lies just proof yall can’t get my in depth knowledge of this program and no I ain’t gon go into it on here to show I actually do know imma jus keep typing cryptic texts 2 show im in tha know without giving away any info on what goin on and also doin this while usin improper English to show a lil somethin about myself.! 

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Don’t have to ask anyone I KNOW! His middle school got hired at NS and he decided to come with him. 

What GPISD administrator you spoke to? 

& yes plenty of kids were familiar with Coach Price because he helped a lot of kids get scholarships outside of NS kids, he was very well connected as you can see he’s made his way to the college ranks.

You also failed to mention the report that was done on NS football program showing all of the transfers into the program over the past 4 years from the time the kids were in 7th grade. That report proved your statement about having “talent acquisition” coaches are indeed BASELESS & more than majority of the student athletes came from Cunnigham & NS Middle School. So again whoever the talent acquisition guy is he’s doing a very poor job.

Dude, you literally just verified everything I'm saying. You can't "decide to come with a coach". Smh, the kids is eligible and I want to see him do well so I don't want that to change, plus I'm good friends with that coach.

Nobody is arguing Coach Price's prowess, I'm speaking about getting kids into high school. Particularly a situation with a certain receiver who was one of the first receivers he offered after taking the UTSA job. Obviously you're unaware of what he told the kids at Crosby. 

North Shore only has two middle schools. If only the majority of them come from those two schools then where do the rest come from? Can you link this report you're speaking of so I can see if it shows LaVonte Johnson on it? I wan to see if it shows him transferring from CE King last year? There are a few other names I would like to check to see if they're included too?

This is the hidden content, please

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, you literally just verified everything I'm saying. You can't "decide to come with a coach". Smh, the kids is eligible and I want to see him do well so I don't want that to change, plus I'm good friends with that coach.

Nobody is arguing Coach Price's prowess, I'm speaking about getting kids into high school. Particularly a situation with a certain receiver who was one of the first receivers he offered after taking the UTSA job. Obviously you're unaware of what he told the kids at Crosby. 

North Shore only has two middle schools. If only the majority of them come from those two schools then where do the rest come from? Can you link this report you're speaking of so I can see if it shows LaVonte Johnson on it? I wan to see if it shows him transferring from CE King last year? There are a few other names I would like to check to see if they're included too?

This is the hidden content, please

So because a kid & his family decided to follow the Coach from Crosby middle school to NS when he got a new job…that mean NS came & stole him from Crosby? You do realize NS is open enrollment right? And a family cause decide to send their kid there instead of Crosby right? You think that’s a recruiting violating?  🤣🤣🤣

The UIL has the report & the number of transfers you can go watch the meeting they spoke about it on there. 

As far as Lavonte Johnson goes here’s a perfect example as to why it’s hard to have these convos with y’all on here. Lavonte went to school in GPISD his ENTIRE LIFE up until he got to HS! Including Cunningham middle school which feeds into NS as you know. His daddy was upset he couldn’t get a coaching job at NS so he left & took Lavonte to CE King when he was in the 9th grade. Keep in mind Lavonte’s dad is a NS grad & his older brother (who I coached) went to NS as well. Lavonte attended CE King while still living down the street from NS, his dad had a disagreement with the coaching staff at King & decided to bring him “home” to where the kid attended school his entire life. Please tell me you have better examples of NS recruiting cause this was TERRIBLE point lol 

So let me get this straight NS recruited a kid who graduated from their feeder middle school right? Got it 

PLEASE tell me what kids Coach Price recruited into NS from different HS…I’m listening.

Btw I’m still waiting on you to name the “administrator” you talked to at the track meet lol

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Bro would walk into a confession with a serial killer and tell the detective he didn't do it because "I have behind the scenes information". 

Kill the side talk we want to know about administrator you talked to Cougar & all these players the “talent acquisition” coach recruited to NS

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

So because a coach from Crosby decided to bring a kid with him from the middle school he coached with him to his new job…NS recruited him? 🤣🤣🤣

The UIL has the report & the number of transfers you can go watch the meeting they spoke about it on there. 

As far as Lavonte Johnson goes here’s a perfect example as to why it’s hard to have these convos with y’all on here. Lavonte went to school in GPISD his ENTIRE LIFE up until he got to HS! Including Cunningham middle school which feeds into NS as you know. His daddy was upset he couldn’t get a coaching job at NS so he left & took Lavonte to CE King when he was in the 9th grade. Keep in mind Lavonte’s dad is a NS grad & his older brother (who I coached) went to NS as well. Lavonte attended CE King while still living down the street from NS, his dad had a disagreement with the coaching staff at King & decided to bring him “home” to where the kid attended school his entire life. Please tell me you have better examples of NS recruiting cause this was TERRIBLE point lol 

So let me get this straight NS recruited a kid who graduated from their feeder middle school right? Got it 

Btw I’m still waiting on you to name the “administrator” you talked to at the track meet lol

He didn't go there specifically for the coach, he went after Willis got hired and everyone got p.o.'d which is when his dad said they were out. The coach that left Crosby had already accepted the position at North Shore in February. What you outlined about a kid following a coach is a blatant violation which I have particular experience with even at an open enrollment school. 

Where is the report with Johnson on it like you said? Where is the one with the Crosby kid on it that just came this year? You said there is a report with ALL transfers into North Shore over the last four years. Where is the report so I can verify Johnson is on it, or was that just weird a statement as you saying MOST of the athletes come from the only two schools they can come from without transferring? 

The administrator I talked to was your boss' boss, or at least one of his technically two bosses.