Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC

Just now, Excoach1970 said:

80 percent AD’s/Head football coaches don’t have a masters.. PNG head coach don’t, BC coach doesn’t, vidor coach doesn’t, HJ coach doesn’t, ex Nederland coach didn’t, pa coach doesn’t 

so the masters things is false 

Exactly...

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Btw, Sam Walton worth hundreds of billions of dollars while still alive had only a bachelor's degree. He founded and ran the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Also held the title of richest man in the world for a period. Sure wish he’d have gotten that master’s. SMH. 

"founded"  When you are the founder, you can have whatever qualifications you want... smh 

and BTW... Sam Walton was qualified to found/open/operate Walmart.  After his obtaining his degree in economics, he went to the J.C. Penny Management Program and before opening Walmart he ran and operated Ben Franklin stores with his brother.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You're silly if you think a master's degree is necessary for any of those tasks. Hell, there are many CEO's of corporations that don't have graduate degrees... some with no degree whatsoever. Silly man...

Woods, Buffett, Cook, Jassy, Barra, just to name a few and If I remember correctly from a Forbes article, roughly 35% of CEOs/Chairs/Presidents how a graduate degree.

Whether you like it or not, McDonald is the best hire here. The players and community support him 100%. The man is about as loyal as it gets when it comes to this job. Lumberton born and raised and came back to coach the game that he loves. Bringing in an outsider is not always the best move, because honestly to most outsiders, Lumberton is a stepping stone job. Reyes benefited greatly from that stable of kids he had. With all the talent graduating, this job is gonna be tough. McDonald isn't some guy who is gonna treat this as a notch on the ladder, and leave. That place is his home. 

12 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Whether you like it or not, McDonald is the best hire here. The players and community support him 100%. The man is about as loyal as it gets when it comes to this job. Lumberton born and raised and came back to coach the game that he loves. Bringing in an outsider is not always the best move, because honestly to most outsiders, Lumberton is a stepping stone job. Reyes benefited greatly from that stable of kids he had. With all the talent graduating, this job is gonna be tough. McDonald isn't some guy who is gonna treat this as a notch on the ladder, and leave. That place is his home. 

You are 100% spot on.

Consistency and sustainability should be the two things that Lumberton values the most in this position.

54 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Woods, Buffett, Cook, Jassy, Barra, just to name a few and If I remember correctly from a Forbes article, roughly 35% of CEOs/Chairs/Presidents how a graduate degree.

Yep. But we are talking about a 4A program whose previous few AD’s didn’t have a master’s either…not a Fortune 500 company. Where I work, our CFO, CEO President and all our VPs have Bachelor’s degrees only. A couple have no degree at all. It’s a very successful company that employs several thousand employees. A master’s isn’t necessary for the Lumberton AD/HC. 

45 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

He’s a good hire for sure. Is he the best hire? Who knows. Probably not. I like him though. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

He’s a good hire for sure. Is he the best hire? Who knows. Probably not. I like him though. 

I think the big question will be when Lumberton hires their new supt will that person keep McDonald and remove the interim tag or do do they want to bring their own person in....

38 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I think the big question will be when Lumberton hires their new supt will that person keep McDonald and remove the interim tag or do do they want to bring their own person in....

Probably the fact that they were also searching for a new supt. weighed real heavy in the decision to go with an interim. Maybe they can find a new supt. before long and focus on new A/D HFB coach. Until then sounds like Coach McDonald will do a good job. 

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Any timeline on a new Superintendent hire? Is McDonald going to atleast get a year to prove himself?

8 hours ago, Excoach1970 said:

80 percent AD’s/Head football coaches don’t have a masters.. PNG head coach don’t, BC coach doesn’t, vidor coach doesn’t, HJ coach doesn’t, ex Nederland coach didn’t, pa coach doesn’t 

so the masters thing is false 

I know for a fact that Bridge City AD/HC Josh Smalley has a masters degree.

3 hours ago, Gameday2 said:

Probably the fact that they were also searching for a new supt. weighed real heavy in the decision to go with an interim. Maybe they can find a new supt. before long and focus on new A/D HFB coach. Until then sounds like Coach McDonald will do a good job. 

Absolutely, you dont want to have no supt and no AD at the same time....I think there's a good chance McDonald gets the job full-time but I do think the new supt should be involved heavily in that decision..its not fair to the new supt or McDonald that they get forced on each other

23 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Any timeline on a new Superintendent hire? Is McDonald going to atleast get a year to prove himself?

McDonald will be interim until new supt. is hired. Then he could have interim tag removed or the new supt. may open it back up.

It's my understanding new supt. will be hired by end of school year.

I'm thinking McDonald will be interim through next season.

17 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Even without a Master's Degree?!?! (said in my facetious voice...)

As why it's interim.

Like I stated, some on the board want it to be a requirement.

Doesn't matter to me. I think McDonald would be a good promotion.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC