Lamar Baseball 2024

33 minutes ago, snakehead26 said:

Wow they really want to play this game. I thought they might just do a doubleheader tomorrow. Sunday has rain projected as well but I don't know what time of day.

No kidding about really wanting to play. I'm thinking they try to play 2 tomorrow as Sunday doesn't look good. Also, I  assume Pacific has a flight issue as Sunday was already scheduled for a noon rather than 1:00 start. We shall see.....

3 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Just looking over the weekends' box scores. How about these 2 stats?? LU pitchers strike out 28 batters and walked 1, yes just 1, in a 3 game series.  1 walk in 27 innings is tremendous at any level.  

spidersal would say there should have been zero walks.

58 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

LU takes game 1 with an 8-1 score. LU brought a pretty decent fan base to Houston today.  It appears they out number the HCU fans. 

You part of that fan base? 1-0 game two. Pitching continues to do well.

Back in Houston Tuesday for U of H.

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Saw something somewhere that Lamar has the longest D1 win streak in the nation currently.  Pretty impressive.  Or not, depending on who you ask.

Yeah, I believe LU took over the longest win streak after we lost to Auburn over the weekend.