Scott Rich named as new Nederland HC/AD

57 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I've heard April 22nd with the Spring Game being on May 13th

Could very well be.. heard that date as well. I’m sure very very soon we will know something. Believe a parent meeting is suppose to be happening soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Well Nederland with Neumann, PNG with Joesph or faircloth all of them that was their first head coaching gig and they turned out alright. Gotta take a chance sometimes 

Yes but all those guys had OC/DC experience before being hired as a AD/HF

It is a big jump from a positions coach to a 5A AD/HF at a school like Nederland.

I guess he has 7 years to figure it out.............

57 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

It is a big jump from a positions coach to a 5A AD/HF at a school like Nederland.

But it's a position coach at one of the top 6A schools in Texas I think Coach Rich will be fine he's already made changes at Nederland that was much needed 

10 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I believe Coach Rich before being at Katy for the past 8 years as QB coach and redzone play caller I thought I saw he was a OC at one of the ft bend schools…? 

Every time an assistant is hired, there's a 50-50 chance with that hire.  Because there's not any history there.  Just because you come from a successful program doesn't always translate to the same success you had as an assistant.  It's a whole different ball game when you are now in charge of the whole show.  Same was the case with Buchanan, Surratt, Ethridge, Briles, and G. Wood.  But they did succeed.  But that'll only work out about 10% of the time.  That's if a State Title is your goal.  PNG hit the jackpot.  They found a good one.  Let's hope Nederland's hire can match that success!  

On 4/6/2024 at 12:44 PM, Reagan said:

Every time an assistant is hired, there's a 50-50 chance with that hire.  Because there's not any history there.  Just because you come from a successful program doesn't always translate to the same success you had as an assistant.  It's a whole different ball game when you are now in charge of the whole show.  Same was the case with Buchanan, Surratt, Ethridge, Briles, and G. Wood.  But they did succeed.  But that'll only work out about 10% of the time.  That's if a State Title is your goal.  PNG hit the jackpot.  They found a good one.  Let's hope Nederland's hire can match that success!  

I think Ethridge came from a new mexico HS that had a couple of state championships.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:01 PM, A BUC 77 said:

InWell he was vetted by some football savvy guys.  If they didn’t think he’s got what it takes he wouldn’t be there.  Nothing in sports is certain but so far so good in my opinion.  

You hope so.

My point is that you would think at least 1 of your top two guys would have some coordinator experience at a school like Nederland.

As long as the Dawg pound is happy everybody should be happy........

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

You hope so.

My point is that you would think at least 1 of your top two guys would have some coordinator experience at a school like Nederland.

As long as the Dawg pound is happy everybody should be happy........

For the past 7 years Nederland had as their HC a former OC.  He was a glorious failure.  So...