5A D1 District 9 Discussion

2 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Does memorial have a schedule made?

yes. looks like they need a 4th game. for sure wins(and im not sure about that judging from last year) WB, BU, and Sterling. BH winning the district, followed by angleton, Gball and PAM. 3and 4 can swap maybe. the preseason is a no go. Not having a bye prior to district might not be a good thing for them.

PA Memorial 2024 Opponents
Wk 1-Dekaney
Wk 2-Spring Legacy
Wk 3-Hightower
Wk 4- TBD
Wk 5-Barbers Hill
Wk 6-Galveston Ball
Wk 7-Bmt United
Wk 8-West Brook
Wk 9-Angleton
Wk 10-Sterling
Wk 11-BYE

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

yes. looks like they need a 4th game. for sure wins(and im not sure about that judging from last year) WB, BU, and Sterling. BH winning the district, followed by angleton, Gball and PAM. 3and 4 can swap maybe. the preseason is a no go. Not having a bye prior to district might not be a good thing for them.

PA Memorial 2024 Opponents
Wk 1-Dekaney
Wk 2-Spring Legacy
Wk 3-Hightower
Wk 4- TBD
Wk 5-Barbers Hill
Wk 6-Galveston Ball
Wk 7-Bmt United
Wk 8-West Brook
Wk 9-Angleton
Wk 10-Sterling
Wk 11-BYE

Since u're such an expert, I want BH Gball and Angleton's returning letterman, offense and defensive schemes.  Otherwise, your above post are goofy.  I know you hate Morgan but you love that gaze...... 

Funny thing.  You would always complain about PAM playing a soft schedule and Gball had a soft district schedule and got it handed to them by Angleton in the 1st round, Angleton lost in the 2nd round.  And your favorite team, BH have to replace a senior group and their ND schedule is brutal.  But hey, I tend not to watch sports all feminine and emotional...... 

37 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Since u're such an expert, I want BH Gball and Angleton's returning letterman, offense and defensive schemes.  Otherwise, your above post are goofy.  I know you hate Morgan but you love that gaze...... 

Funny thing.  You would always complain about PAM playing a soft schedule and Gball had a soft district schedule and got it handed to them by Angleton in the 1st round, Angleton lost in the 2nd round.  And your favorite team, BH have to replace a senior group and their ND schedule is brutal.  But hey, I tend not to watch sports all feminine and emotional...... 

here we go with the black and red glasses....AGAIN. the reason i said preseason no chance of winning and minimum of wins is because the main cog is still not there...A QB, unless Morgan went out and recruited. The last 3 games they crapped the bed HORRIBLY!!! throughout the season they played from behind and struggled even against people they should have been done with by halftime...u know there's testosterone for those feelings u said u get. it doesn't matter what other teams are bringing or not bringing. i know what PAM have and don't have. a headless body with the qb and coach being the head and brain. without that, you don't need much to beat them as proven from last year.

and for the record, very good on getting good preseason games. however, the fans won't see it as the arse whippings being a good thing, which will easily instill doubt into the players after the fans turn their backs on them. been like that since 2002. i may voice my opinion and threaten to never go to another game, but i'm there pretty much every game and i don't live in PA like most fans that post and don't go to the games. that's not a shot at anyone. just saying don't try to call me out and don't even "support" them by attending and cheering/booing them on, but this toxic relationship i have with them is unexplainable lol.

34 minutes ago, pakronos said:

here we go with the black and red glasses....AGAIN. the reason i said preseason no chance of winning and minimum of wins is because the main cog is still not there...A QB, unless Morgan went out and recruited. The last 3 games they crapped the bed HORRIBLY!!! throughout the season they played from behind and struggled even against people they should have been done with by halftime...u know there's testosterone for those feelings u said u get. it doesn't matter what other teams are bringing or not bringing. i know what PAM have and don't have. a headless body with the qb and coach being the head and brain. without that, you don't need much to beat them as proven from last year.

This is how you can tell a person does not know football.  They lost a damn good lineman in the Lee game and struggled to run the ball the last 3 games.  And with that, the whole Oline returns, the front 4 and LB's return.  And your favorite qb(you cried to put the back up in the whole season). Plus, all 3 rb's return.  You don't know how to watch football and it's not your fault.  You went to Lincoln where the band was as great as the football team was bad.  And in all these years of watching football, you ain't learned nothing.  Just sad.  So, do like you say and stop going to the games.  You can save on gas

44 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

This is how you can tell a person does not know football.  They lost a damn good lineman in the Lee game and struggled to run the ball the last 3 games.  And with that, the whole Oline returns, the front 4 and LB's return.  And your favorite qb(you cried to put the back up in the whole season). Plus, all 3 rb's return.  You don't know how to watch football and it's not your fault.  You went to Lincoln where the band was as great as the football team was bad.  And in all these years of watching football, you ain't learned nothing.  Just sad.  So, do like you say and stop going to the games.  You can save on gas

this shows u don't understand reading and comprehension, another highlight of SFA people. i never said put the back up in last season. he was just as green as the starter, again you look foolish. they were playing like that  BEFORE superstar star lineman went out and that's why it's called next man up mr. all district (which one are u al bundy or uncle rico?). only reason u went to sfa because tj or the hive wouldn't have you lol. sfa was small fish which back then was weak. i wonder why sfa NEVER stepped up??? oh naw playa, (don't worry u are far from being one)PA is my hometown so much it's tatted on me. i will continue to go to games and support the team. learn the meaning of FAN. you has been hs football players love to live the glory days and try to make others feel some type of way because u sucked and couldn't even cut it on the college level..oh wait" i got hurt"...u a man that wears a red nose with floppy shoes, that's a clown by the way. that elementary school stuff don't work on me. i love my life, but sounds like u wish u could have been playing on sundays lol

33 minutes ago, pakronos said:

this shows u don't understand reading and comprehension, another highlight of SFA people. i never said put the back up in last season. he was just as green as the starter, again you look foolish. they were playing like that  BEFORE superstar star lineman went out and that's why it's called next man up mr. all district (which one are u al bundy or uncle rico?). only reason u went to sfa because tj or the hive wouldn't have you lol. sfa was small fish which back then was weak. i wonder why sfa NEVER stepped up??? oh naw playa, (don't worry u are far from being one)PA is my hometown so much it's tatted on me. i will continue to go to games and support the team. learn the meaning of FAN. you has been hs football players love to live the glory days and try to make others feel some type of way because u sucked and couldn't even cut it on the college level..oh wait" i got hurt"...u a man that wears a red nose with floppy shoes, that's a clown by the way. that elementary school stuff don't work on me. i love my life, but sounds like u wish u could have been playing on sundays lol

Again, stay home.  

8 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

And further more Crosby sucks! Oh wait they gone .. it’s going to be along season, but if we can drop another 30 burger on PAM 🤔

No shade(for now) but y'all have a pretty salty non-district schedule.  Survive that and hopefully our new QB will live up to billing.  Should revert back to business as usual in PA next year 

9 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

No shade(for now) but y'all have a pretty salty non-district schedule.  Survive that and hopefully our new QB will live up to billing.  Should revert back to business as usual in PA next year 

Yeah our pre district schedule is tough. Hopefully we can get through healthy, but that will be a challenge. BH also has a ton to replace, but I think we will start with a good nucleus being the lines, RB’s and Receivers. BH has to replace QB , LB’s plus others. If it’s the QB that backed up last year it will be a different look for BH. He will be more of a duel threat than a pocket passer. 

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah our pre district schedule is tough. Hopefully we can get through healthy, but that will be a challenge. BH also has a ton to replace, but I think we will start with a good nucleus being the lines, RB’s and Receivers. BH has to replace QB , LB’s plus others. If it’s the QB that backed up last year it will be a different look for BH. He will be more of a duel threat than a pocket passer. 

I heard 3rd string QB last year going straight baseball, not sure who that leaves in the QB mix besides our big backup from last year. I’m sure this Spring they’ll evaluate some kids.

35 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I heard 3rd string QB last year going straight baseball, not sure who that leaves in the QB mix besides our big backup from last year. I’m sure this Spring they’ll evaluate some kids.

Yah never know we might get a move in. 14.2 said some all world QB from Crosby moved to BH that should be a Soph coming into the Fall. Of course take that with a grain of salt 😂

21 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

After thinking about it last evening:

1. MHS or BH

2. MHS or BH

3. Angleton

4. Ball High or BU (unless Sterling throws a wrench into it) 

I know little about Angleton or Ball, but I am going to take a stab at it. Ball was 9-2 and 8-0 in district. First place. Angleton was 7-5 and 5-3, 4th place. Angleton beat Ball in the first round 40-34. Angleton was district champs the year before, and narrowly lost to a  very good CS team that made it to State. 

I think the district ends up with BH, PAM and Angleton in a 3 way tie with Ball 4th place. A lot will depend on how well BH can reload from losing the Senior class and how healthy can BH stay. Angleton could struggle having a new unfamiliar opponent every week, and PAM recently has not played up to their full potential. Everybody has some question marks, I see no clear cut favorite.        

16 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I know little about Angleton or Ball, but I am going to take a stab at it. Ball was 9-2 and 8-0 in district. First place. Angleton was 7-5 and 5-3, 4th place. Angleton beat Ball in the first round 40-34. Angleton was district champs the year before, and narrowly lost to a  very good CS team that made it to State. 

I think the district ends up with BH, PAM and Angleton in a 3 way tie with Ball 4th place. A lot will depend on how well BH can reload from losing the Senior class and how healthy can BH stay. Angleton could struggle having a new unfamiliar opponent every week, and PAM recently has not played up to their full potential. Everybody has some question marks, I see no clear cut favorite.        

Agreed, Angleton has had some good teams and tradition. They will not be a team to take lightly.  Ball however has been the benefactor of being in a weak district. 

Only a certified dumbass would believe Port Arthur Memorial will win less than 6 games in the regular season this upcoming season. It's comical actually real talk   

And if anyone got a rebuttal bring it to me personally. If it's the Right One it'll get smoked permanently. 

Now imma leave it at that and that's it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to news about 9-5A D1.