Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

On 4/23/2024 at 9:02 PM, spidersal said:

I certainly think if it is an in season varsity sport, the players should be allowed to miss all contact in football spring training. Yes be there and watch and learn, but no contact unless it is the player’s choice

Yes, the new bulldog jersey should have “don’t hit me “ printed on it.  Nederland could start a powder puff league.    

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Naw people are mad the good ole boy system is getting broken. Didn’t think it would be this fast for the drama to be here. Honeymoon is over. 

If you want different results you have to start doing things differently. If football is the metric we are going to use as the success of an athletic program then that is where majority of the focus should be. I know that may hurt some feelings, however when the track team doesn't have anybody qualify for regionals there is never a 30 page thread on here.

21 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Got some info on this...this was a footwork drill when the injury happened and that this is a pre-existing condition (he injured the elbow before)  As if there wasn't drama in Nederland before now the new football coach is taking heat from the baseball people because of it...Coach Rich is trying to change the culture at Nederland it was inevitable that he ruffled a few feathers along the way 

Completely false information. This injury has zero to do with the previous injury. Also explain how a "footwork" drill leads to a kid lead blocking and taking a helmet to the elbow with enough impact to possibly tear ligaments? 

21 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Got some info on this...this was a footwork drill when the injury happened and that this is a pre-existing condition (he injured the elbow before)  As if there wasn't drama in Nederland before now the new football coach is taking heat from the baseball people because of it...Coach Rich is trying to change the culture at Nederland it was inevitable that he ruffled a few feathers along the way 

Maybe the Nederland folks will realize someone else besides the AD may be the issue. 

why do people in general feel like social media is were anything & everything gets resolved. It wasn’t intentional & it was a general drill. if helmets weren’t used & the other kid cuts his eye on the baseball players elbow. I’m sure the headlines would be. WHY are these young babies NOT wearing helmets….  

Social media is a Big Hurdle, everyone has a voice. Lots of misinformation. The tax payers wanted change , now here it is. The flagship of athletics is football. You wanna see the moral, pride and spirit falter, let football continue to tank. How bout we let the new AD, who just happens to be the HFC do his job..... BUT BUT everyone on social media knows better.

Man, the waging tongue rolls on and it’s only going to get worse. I remember when this happen at Kirbyville  and a good coach quit and they are just getting their football  program now.   
what happen to those days when a kid got whipped at school he got another one when he got home. The good old days when the only drug i knew was when my mother drug me to Church.

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

Completely false information. This injury has zero to do with the previous injury. Also explain how a "footwork" drill leads to a kid lead blocking and taking a helmet to the elbow with enough impact to possibly tear ligaments? 

It's called football we used to run the oklahoma drill till ww puked then run it again...it's football not ballet

43 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

It's called football we used to run the oklahoma drill till ww puked then run it again...it's football not ballet

I don't care what it is. You are spreading misinformation about the kid. It wasn't because of a past injury. It didn't happen during footwork drills. 

And I bet you didn't run any Oklahoma drills in helmets only. I am just curious now if you are the same person hiding behind a fake username on facebook making dumb comments as well. 

2 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I don't care what it is. You are spreading misinformation about the kid. It wasn't because of a past injury. It didn't happen during footwork drills. 

And I bet you didn't run any Oklahoma drills in helmets only. I am just curious now if you are the same person hiding behind a fake username on facebook making dumb comments as well. 

A pinched nerve in the same arm is still an injury we're arguing over semantics (it supplies blood the the arm which was injured) and as far as a fake username I've been around a long time here I don't appreciate the connotation 

30 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Enough.

22 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Enough.

43 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

A pinched nerve in the same arm is still an injury we're arguing over semantics (it supplies blood the the arm which was injured) and as far as a fake username I've been around a long time here I don't appreciate the connotation 

Try reading. I asked if you were the person on facebook posting the same comments under a fake name. 

@Bigdog bark at your own people. 

19 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Try reading. I asked if you were the person on facebook posting the same comments under a fake name. 

@Bigdog bark at your own people. 

Stay classy NDN,  and keep the personal stuff out of the thread.

10 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

Maybe the Nederland folks will realize someone else besides the AD may be the issue. 

why do people in general feel like social media is were anything & everything gets resolved. It wasn’t intentional & it was a general drill. if helmets weren’t used & the other kid cuts his eye on the baseball players elbow. I’m sure the headlines would be. WHY are these young babies NOT wearing helmets….  

I also have an issue with the Ace at your school throwing 80+ pitches on Tuesday night then throwing 300 footballs on Wednesday.  It’s not just Nederland.  

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I also have an issue with the Ace at your school throwing 80+ pitches on Tuesday night then throwing 300 footballs on Wednesday.  It’s not just Nederland.  

Orangefield “Ace” is a Sr with multiple no hitters this season that doesn’t play football but I know who you’re inferring to. 

Touché @PhatMack19  Touché