Silsbee 68 Beaumont United 78/FINAL

20 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Duncanville has been very competitive the last few years. I remember when Yates played in that particular tournament and got the brakes beat clean off, lost by 60 pts per game. I guess some coaches don’t look at win / loss but what makes the team better 

I think whoever be doing those events up there don’t call down here on purpose tbh ! Cause ain’t no way BU haven’t been up there playing those teams ! They been one of the best teams in Texas since 2021

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

This is exactly why you don't schedule a 4a school...it's a lose/

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

This is exactly why you don't schedule a 4a school...it's a lose/lose situation.

I’ve known some of the best 4A teams that could beat top state ranked 5A/6A teams. I’m still not convinced Silsbee couldn’t do it once they have all the players on the court. David Green put them on the schedule and majority of the people are 100% fine with that decision. 

41 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Has nothing to do with Silsbee

You say that it has nothing to do with SILSBEE but wasn’t your statement made in the BU vs. Silsbee thread?

Start up another thread that’s titled BU to good to play any top SETX teams and see if you get the attention you need for the schedule to change next year. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

You say that it has nothing to do with SILSBEE but wasn’t your statement made in the BU vs. Silsbee thread?

Start up another thread that’s titled BU to good to play any top SETX teams and see if you get the attention you need for the schedule to change next year. 

Tiger pull your skirt down…nothing I said was a slight to Silsbee. Again Silsbee folks want to make my statements about them. & I obviously got your attention, you could’ve easily ignore me lol

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Tiger pull your skirt down…nothing I said was a slight to Silsbee. Again Silsbee folks want to make my statements about them. & I obviously got your attention, you could’ve easily ignore me lol

Good luck moving forward and hope you get the schedule changed. 

11 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You are fighting a losing battle on this thread when it comes to Sisbee. I love reading Silsbee Fans predictions and reactions when mentioned in a thread 

Some haven't forgotten the obvious: BU head coach Green is from Silsbee.  He knows that level of basketball because he played at that level. Silsbee coach Sigler was his coach, and his mentor.  They are probably good friends.  Who wants to be riding in a bus for long stretches of time and miles to play a so called more worthy opponent on a cold Tuesday evening, when you can get a good run from a team 20 miles away.  Arm chair keyboard warrior 'coaches' are good at cashing checks in their minds.

11 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

They understand exactly what I’m saying they just want to make it about Silsbee…we know how this go! Also I have no issue with BU scheduling good 5A programs, but let’s be honest their schedule has been piss poor thus far.

So are you trying to say Silsbee had no chance of winning this game last night..? 😂

11 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Why is it that the Dallas area schools that are highly ranked in Texas, regardless of classification in any giving year are playing Highly Ranked Teams. Duncanville & Faith Family both played and loss to Montverde Academy this year and have played them in previous years. Duncanville is down this year with there recruitment and Faith Family is who they are.

I have not seen too many Houston area schools playing outside of their comfort zone. I don’t see any harm with playing those Prep or Academy Schools, playing those schools will or should prepare them for the next level.

Faith Family plays a very competitive schedule outside of Texas, to be the best you have to beat / play the best. Faith Family schedule prepares them for San Antonio, everyone else is playing for 2nd place 

Faith Family recruits 

A team has to have a reputation as a really good team for those basketball academies to schedule you.  Really good public schools will only play schools with a reputation for good basketball all year in year out.  BU doesn't waste time playing in basketball tournaments that would have them playing Bridge City.  Far as I know.  Bridge city doesn't sign up for baseball tournaments that would have them playing BU or Westbrook.