PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here

Reagan

Who wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • South Oak Cliff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 05:00 PM

18 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

New excuses from SOC.  The ref that threw the flag is a Nederland grad that lives in PN and with kids in PNGisd.  I’m surprised that they let him call the game.  

Some SOC people are posting his TASO card online that includes his home address.  Is this public info?  Doesn’t seem very safe to be doxing officials and posting their personal info online.  

Where you seeing this?

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

New excuses from SOC.  The ref that threw the flag is a Nederland grad that lives in PN and with kids in PNGisd.  I’m surprised that they let him call the game.  

Some SOC people are posting his TASO card online that includes his home address.  Is this public info?  Doesn’t seem very safe to be doxing officials and posting their personal info online.  

Tyler is a friend of mine and he was the line judge yesterday.  He threw one flag all day, the illegal hands to the face in the 3rd quarter.  Nothing he did yesterday was under debate from their fans until they found out where he was from.  .........

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Language

2 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

Were you seeing this?

It’s on multiple post from SOC people crying about the refs.  I was just shocked when they started sharing what looks like a screenshot of his online taso card with his home address.  Is this public info or would a coach have to send that out?

Just now, PN-G bamatex said:

It was a Houston Chapter crew.

I wonder how many refs who live in Dallas called SOC games this year. 🙄

Both coaches had to agree on the refs. Unless the SOC coaches are just that dumb I doubt they would have agreed to that and I doubt even more that TASO would have let that happen.  

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Earlier this year, the Texas Legislature made the disclosure of an individual’s address or telephone number online with intent to harm or cause a threat of harm a crime. I understand the ref in question is a local dentist. If you know him, send him this link:

This is the hidden content, please

If he feels credibly threatened, he should contact local law enforcement.

3 hours ago, DukeS said:

Smart based on the current rules? Sure. 

It also shows a lack of respect and integrity by SOC. It’s unsportsmanlike. The NFL doesn’t allow this and neither should the UIL and NCAA. 

Call it what you want. UNTIL they change the rules, it’s smart. So is teaching O lineman how to hold without getting caught. All good line coaches teach it. 

15 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

Tyler is a friend of mine and he was the line judge yesterday.  He threw one flag all day, the illegal hands to the face in the 3rd quarter.  Nothing he did yesterday was under debate from their fans until they found out where he was from.  .........

He may be in trouble if he has kids that go to PN-g

6 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

Oh yeah? You sure about that? Trouble with who?

1. An official shall not knowingly accept an assignment of a contest if any of the following exist: 

2. h. If the official has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous 2 years.

III. It shall be a violation of the Officials Code of Ethics for an official to work a contest in violation of these provisions and an official violating these provisions may be placed on probation, fined, suspended or terminated from membership.

IV. All of the above provisions except the provisions of I.a., I.b, and I.c. above may be waived by mutual consent of the head coaches.

4 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

1. An official shall not knowingly accept an assignment of a contest if any of the following exist: 

2. h. If the official has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous 2 years.

III. It shall be a violation of the Officials Code of Ethics for an official to work a contest in violation of these provisions and an official violating these provisions may be placed on probation, fined, suspended or terminated from membership.

IV. All of the above provisions except the provisions of I.a., I.b, and I.c. above may be waived by mutual consent of the head coaches.

Well he doesn't have kids at PNG high school. And the coaches agreed on the refs so the point is moot per IV of your post 

1 hour ago, png409ndns said:

Well he doesn't have kids at PNG high school. And the coaches agreed on the refs so the point is moot per IV of your post 

You asked so I showed you.

I dont know the guy so I dont know his relation to the school.....

That being said I am sure SOC will be pushing the issue to get him in trouble. 

Guess you can let us all know how it goes.

21 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

You asked so I showed you.

I dont know the guy so I dont know his relation to the school.....

That being said I am sure SOC will be pushing the issue to get him in trouble. 

Guess you can let us all know how it goes.

I don't know him either. I am just annoyed with people trying to find any way they can to take away from what the young men at PNG accomplished. 

7 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

I'm loving all of this.  We beat the defending champs from the last two seasons and they now are trying to find ways to satisfy themselves mentally to why they loss.  Couldn't have happened to a better team from the recruiting Mecca.  Just think of the team we could have if we were able to recruit.

I’m going to need someone to explain the recruiting to me. Why are they able to do it, but everyone else isn’t? And, it’s clear they can’t recruit on an unlimited basis, otherwise they would have had a better quarterback and some better secondary. But you don’t get the best stacked 2022 team in the country just from the coincidence of guys being born there. 

28 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’m going to need someone to explain the recruiting to me. Why are they able to do it, but everyone else isn’t? And, it’s clear they can’t recruit on an unlimited basis, otherwise they would have had a better quarterback and some better secondary. But you don’t get the best stacked 2022 team in the country just from the coincidence of guys being born there. 

Open enrollment in the name of education even though they are rated as one of the worst schools in not only Texas but the entire nation. 

Also, 97 percent of the kids are economically disadvantaged but every kid on the team probably has 1k worth of accessories between shoes and gloves to match every opponent, jerseys like they are Oregon and enough pregame gear to make a small college jealous. 

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

last year a DFW crew did the PN-g game.

It was a Fort Worth crew, SOC uses Dallas, it wasn't SOC's home chapter. 

Coach Todd said he agreed to the crew and he owned that, he admitted if he knew there was an official who worked in Port Neches he likely wouldn't have agreed to the crew (I wouldn't have either) thats not to say it automatically makes them a bad crew or a bad official but there's optics and its probably not fair to put him in that spot. 

Coach Todd did say he didnt agree w/the PI call and I wouldn't expect him to, its a close call that went against his team, no coach will be happy about it, its just the nature of the game

1 hour ago, png409ndns said:

Open enrollment in the name of education even though they are rated as one of the worst schools in not only Texas but the entire nation. 

Also, 97 percent of the kids are economically disadvantaged but every kid on the team probably has 1k worth of accessories between shoes and gloves to match every opponent, jerseys like they are Oregon and enough pregame gear to make a small college jealous. 

I'm not the world's biggest fan of open enrollment myself, but we can thank the Texas legislature for that along with charter schools et al..it is what it is and the UIL does the best they can with the resources alloted. The kids that play for SOC are all eligible under UIL rules, the open enrollment/recruiting conversation to me is just as moot IMO as SOC people complaining about some close calls that didnt go their way