PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here

Reagan

Who wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • South Oak Cliff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 05:00 PM

13 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just an observation on the last 2 semi games.

Last year when the clock struck 0, the players went wild celebrating and rushed the field.  All that work and they achieved their goal to get to state.  

This year when Shea took the knee in victory formation, there were hugs and handshakes.  A lot more subdued and businesslike celebration.  They expected to win and expected to be back at state.  They have unfinished business to take care of. It may take a near perfect game to win, but I don’t doubt they can pull it off.  

I also noticed this.  And I like it. 

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just an observation on the last 2 semi games.

Last year when the clock struck 0, the players went wild celebrating and rushed the field.  All that work and they achieved their goal to get to state.  

This year when Shea took the knee in victory formation, there were hugs and handshakes.  A lot more subdued and businesslike celebration.  They expected to win and expected to be back at state.  They have unfinished business to take care of. It may take a near perfect game to win, but I don’t doubt they can pull it off.  

I've noticed a similar change in the dynamic among the fans, too.

Y'all know I went to Alabama. At Alabama, there's immense social pressure to never rush the field or go overboard in response to a win. The crowds will get very involved at key moments in the game, but after the win, it's three rounds of "Rammer Jammer" and then we exit the stadium in an efficient and orderly fashion.

The general response an Alabama fan will give you if you ask about it is something along the lines of, we don't get overly excited about any one win because we always expect to win. Perfection, competing for a championship perennially and consistent, disciplined execution are the norm there. Whether it's an out-of-conference game or a national championship, winning is our business. We act like we've been there before because we have been there before, we're there now and we know we'll be back there again a bunch more in the future.

It's nice to see that culture shift take hold at PN-G.

33 minutes ago, marshman said:

Ok so I did the free trial today and signed up but I’m not seeing the Bally sports channel. Any ideas? 

Hulu dropped Bally, or vice versa, after not agreeing on a price.  Bally’s parent company is in bankruptcy and speculation is Bally may not be around next year.

8 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Hulu dropped Bally, or vice versa, after not agreeing on a price.  Bally’s parent company is in bankruptcy and speculation is Bally may not be around next year.

So is there anyway to watch all the games? I have spectrum at home but my spectrum app won’t all me to pick up Bally sports on my phone

6 minutes ago, marshman said:

So is there anyway to watch all the games? I have spectrum at home but my spectrum app won’t all me to pick up Bally sports on my phone

What I would do, if you have a smart TV, download the Bally app.  You can sign up per month for around $20.  But, they usually offer a 7 day trial for free.  If you want to just watch the games, cancel before the 7 day free trial is up.

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

What I would do, if you have a smart TV, download the Bally app.  You can sign up per month for around $20.  But, they usually offer a 7 day trial for free.  If you want to just watch the games, cancel before the 7 day free trial is up.

Well I was trying to keep up with the games on my phone while I’m at work lol. I have Bally on my spectrum service at home so I can watch when I’m there. 

34 minutes ago, marshman said:

Well I was trying to keep up with the games on my phone while I’m at work lol. I have Bally on my spectrum service at home so I can watch when I’m there. 

You should be able to download the Bally app on your phone and log in to it with your Spectrum username and password. At least thats how it works if you have Bally through DirecTV.

On 12/13/2023 at 12:05 PM, PN-G bamatex said:

I've noticed a similar change in the dynamic among the fans, too.

Y'all know I went to Alabama. At Alabama, there's immense social pressure to never rush the field or go overboard in response to a win. The crowds will get very involved at key moments in the game, but after the win, it's three rounds of "Rammer Jammer" and then we exit the stadium in an efficient and orderly fashion.

The general response an Alabama fan will give you if you ask about it is something along the lines of, we don't get overly excited about any one win because we always expect to win. Perfection, competing for a championship perennially and consistent, disciplined execution are the norm there. Whether it's an out-of-conference game or a national championship, winning is our business. We act like we've been there before because we have been there before, we're there now and we know we'll be back there again a bunch more in the future.

It's nice to see that culture shift take hold at PN-G.

PNG could become the Southeast Texas version of Katy. I see y’all going to state a lot more in the future. Administration did a good job hiring Coach Joseph. 

Ok SETX family Leaving for Dallas. I say thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I truly hope someday that each and every one of your communties get a chance to play for State. Teams like WOS, BWB, Nederland, Crosby, Dayton, Newton, San Augustine, Bridge City, and other communities that have made it to State have the chace to do it again. I make this promise if at all possible I will be there to support you. WOS please continue to lead the way. SILSBEE you are so close. Keep plugging away you will be there soon. Dayton our purple brothers and sisters its past time you returned back to the Dayton of old. Beaumont and Port Arthur you are both loaded and capable of making state. I look forward to the day it all clicks and you are there as proud communities. The one thing I have learned is it takes a lot to make it to the SC but one important factor our coaching staff has taught me is that you have to believe that you came make it to state. Another thing WOS has taught me is that to make it ti State you have to have a good defense. I wish, hope and pray that each and every SETX schools has this opportunity some day. Know that the support from our big community has been noticed by the PNG community. You all have been amazing. Thank you again. Lastly I would like to say thank you to the Nederland community. So much support from you shows the bond of playinh for 100 times. The really cool shirts you have made honors us. We welcome all of you to the game and appreciate all of your support. Win or lose we are so thankful for you all. Thanks Setxsports.com for your coverage and dedication to our kiddos in the coverage area. You are an amazing bunch. Lastly lets go Indians. 

Thank you all and God Bless. 

Finally Game Day! I’ve been looking forward to this day for a year now after watching them lose to SOC last year. PNG has experienced the big stage and I believe is coming in with a completely different mindset this year. Strictly business! Yesterday at the games a couple told me they drove all the way from Wisconsin to watch the state games. They were fascinated with the crowds for the 4A games. I told em this is nothing compared to what PNG is going to bring tomorrow and they were shocked. Can’t wait for the atmosphere! Good luck Indians! 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here