PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here

Reagan

Who wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • South Oak Cliff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 05:00 PM

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I remember that like it was 7 years ago. We were huddled up in one of the outdoor beer tents. Was that the game that it poured down raining as everyone was leaving walking to the lots?

Yeah,we stayed and watched Carthage and some of the nightcap (can’t remember who it was)

2 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

If PNG can stop the run and force SOC to pass it they have a shot. I haven't seen much from SOC in the passing game, however from a personnel standpoint they are severely outmatched at just about every position on the field.

They’re fast on the d line. Our qb is going to have to shrug off some hits and protect the ball. 

This SOC team isn't nearly as talented across the board as 2021/2022...the staff has done a really good job maximizing the talent of a good HS team...but that also IMO makes them much more vulnerable than last year..

If you are coming up for the first time there are plenty of nice hotel options in the area...if you find a hotel with a shuttle thats optimal...you can bring an empty water bottle into the stadium and they have water stations to fill water bottles if you are making a day (or two) of it and dont want to spend too much money at concessions etc...

Live by Loews is the closest hotel and is connected to Texas Live...yes its pricy but it is very nice...across the street Lowes is being built but not ready yet....

19 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

This SOC team isn't nearly as talented across the board as 2021/2022...the staff has done a really good job maximizing the talent of a good HS team...but that also IMO makes them much more vulnerable than last year..

If you are coming up for the first time there are plenty of nice hotel options in the area...if you find a hotel with a shuttle thats optimal...you can bring an empty water bottle into the stadium and they have water stations to fill water bottles if you are making a day (or two) of it and dont want to spend too much money at concessions etc...

Live by Loews is the closest hotel and is connected to Texas Live...yes its pricy but it is very nice...across the street Lowes is being built but not ready yet....

IMO neither team is as talented as last year.......Good luck to the Injuns.

6 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

Has anyone been to the early game at AT&T?   My wife is dropping me off that morning to wait in line and was wondering how early people start getting there.  My daughter is an Indianette so we try to sit in a certain spot.  

You'll be fine plenty of good seats at AT&T Stadium...they clear out the lower section after each game is finished so if you plan to catch another game keep that in mind

9 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The offense is a little more dynamic. Defense IMO is better in terms of scheme and body movement, but we took a slight step back from last year in terms of individual reads and tackling. 

This is kind of my assesment, the defense for PNG 2023 is similar to 2022 if there is a step back its minimal but the offense is much better and explosive especially in the passing game 

8 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

Has anyone been to the early game at AT&T?   My wife is dropping me off that morning to wait in line and was wondering how early people start getting there.  My daughter is an Indianette so we try to sit in a certain spot.  

I believe they'll open the lots and stadium at 930....but cars will be lined up at each entrance waiting to get in

On 12/9/2023 at 8:06 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I remember that like it was 7 years ago. We were huddled up in one of the outdoor beer tents. Was that the game that it poured down raining as everyone was leaving walking to the lots?

You will be back. Ill be there rooting you on. With this trip PNG and WOS both have 8 trips to state each. It is an honor to share such a stat with WOS, Literally an honor. You guys are the blaze setters for SETX. We all respect you. 

17 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I want to congratulate PNG on making it to state again! Making it once is tough enough but back to back seasons is special! I know yall are going to bring the whole tribe, and South Dallas is banning together. Should be a great atmosphere. Good luck and safe travels!  

Thank you that means a lot coming from one of the premier powerhouses in Texas.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here