Hamshire Fannett vs Cuero

TexasBoy89

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

okay.  again, once Bellville beats Silsbee I'll be proven completely wrong.  Just like they would've totally proven me wrong last year, except they lost to Madisonville, who then gave up 60 to silsbee the week after Bellville exploded on them for 3.  

Nope it was raining and one of Bellville’s leading rushers was banged up…  you know one of the few reasons people wanna say why  Silsbee barely beat Sealy last week… a team Bellville beat 69-0

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Cuero graduated quit a bit from last year and just reloads. HF is still young but I think they get the upset. 

Yes we did and we’re young but they’ve stepped up all season. We have 6 sophomores starting from a class that’s done nothing but win since pee wee football. Our JV went undefeated so there’s that to look forward too so the future looks bright for Gobbler Football. We don’t have the horse at RB this year but we do have some players stepping up to fill the void but what we do have is some very fast and sure handed receivers and tight ends that get open. Surprisingly our D is better this year even after losing our all state and defensive player of the year in 4a Sean Burks to graduation. We should have another all state LB this year #10 who leads this team in tackles and is the senior leader of the defense . Good luck to both teams this should be a good game with Cuero pulling it out. 

Go Mean Green!!!

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

You have already been proven completely wrong. If Bellville continues to win you will be proven completely wrong again.

lol.  they beat a 5-5 team that was 4th place in another district.  I expected a lot closer game, but they still haven't beaten a team with a winning record all year, and bi-district results have made it very clear which district is better.  I do look forward to seeing them play silsbee, assuming they don't blow it against madisonville again this year.

18 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Yes we did and we’re young but they’ve stepped up all season. We have 6 sophomores starting from a class that’s done nothing but win since pee wee football. Our JV went undefeated so there’s that to look forward too so the future looks bright for Gobbler Football. We don’t have the horse at RB this year but we do have some players stepping up to fill the void but what we do have is some very fast and sure handed receivers and tight ends that get open. Surprisingly our D is better this year even after losing our all state and defensive player of the year in 4a Sean Burks to graduation. We should have another all state LB this year #10 who leads this team in tackles and is the senior leader of the defense . Good luck to both teams this should be a good game with Cuero pulling it out. 

Go Mean Green!!!

Cuero is just one of those special places that seems to always field a great team, and constantly reload.  I'm excited for HF to step up to the challenge of facing y'all, just wish it was a little further along in the playoffs.  

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

lol.  they beat a 5-5 team that was 4th place in another district.  I expected a lot closer game, but they still haven't beaten a team with a winning record all year, and bi-district results have made it very clear which district is better.  I do look forward to seeing them play silsbee, assuming they don't blow it against madisonville again this year.

Hey don’t bring up the past😂😂😂

2 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Don't we all agree that all of these teams are just competing for second place any way ?  I mean, until they're dethroned, the RING is already on the finger of SS and his Dawg pound. 

It is a tall order to beat the Ringmaster however, to be the best you have to beat the best. Dont forget it is HS football and China Spring proved just that.

Cuero has at least 3 issues. Their kick off team gives up big plays. The secondary starts 3 sophomores who may give up big plays. Hard to say because their district is pitifully bad. Cuero holds a lot.

The things in Cuero's favor is this defense is good. (WE will have the secondary challenged) Cuero has a lot of weapons. Cannot game plan for 2 people. The quarterback is efficient. He can both run and pass. 

Same district as last year and Cuero managed to beat whoever we played until the hiccup against Wimberley. I mentioned the sophomores in my earlier post but at this time of year you can wipe away that sophomore tag. If you look at last years stats on our QB he hasn’t had to run much this season but started opening it up the last couple of games and he’s fast no one will catch him if he gets in open field. Holding …really? They just got caught a few times all teams hold and that’s the end on that point. Our kicker can put a foot into it and put it in the end zone can also place it on pooch kicks. He has a 46 yard field goal made this year so we have that in our arsenal. Should be a good game just hoping HF comes into this game thinking they’re going to roll over this young Gobbler team. Friday will tell 😉

On 11/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, bullets13 said:

I've moved over to the Bellville/Madisonville thread to quit polluting this one.  Only gonna talk about the future and present in that one ;)

I rarely see Bullets this fired up outside a basketball forum.  Lol.

Must be the weather or it could be just a really solid HF football squad is rolling coming into these playoffs.

Cuero is a tough draw, no doubt. 

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I found out this morning that a Cuero coach in plain clothes snuck onto the HF sideline at last week's game and the constable had to run him off.  Kind of BS if you ask me.  I hope the UIL does something about it, but not sure what the ramifications are.  

That's crazy..! I" see what you are saying..🤔

46 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I found out this morning that a Cuero coach in plain clothes snuck onto the HF sideline at last week's game and the constable had to run him off.  Kind of BS if you ask me.  I hope the UIL does something about it, but not sure what the ramifications are.  

These are major allegations IMO. Seems there would be something in the rules about that.