Hamshire Fannett vs Cuero

TexasBoy89

Tough draw in the second round.  Cuero hasn’t played a super strong schedule, so it’s kind of hard to judge some of their results, but without a doubt they’re very, very good.  HF lost Pirtle a couple of weeks ago, which is a huge blow on both sides of the ball.  I’ll have to pick Cuero in this one, but I think HF has a better shot than last year. 

57 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Tough draw in the second round.  Cuero hasn’t played a super strong schedule, so it’s kind of hard to judge some of their results, but without a doubt they’re very, very good.  HF lost Pirtle a couple of weeks ago, which is a huge blow on both sides of the ball.  I’ll have to pick Cuero in this one, but I think HF has a better shot than last year. 

Heard the "schedule" nonsense about Bellville also. 

23 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Still hearing it from a few people… because even after throttling WOS that wasn’t the same team that played close games with PNG, Newton, Silsbee, Hamshire Fannett, and Jasper. I do think Hamshire Fannett has a chance to pull the upset.

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

It didn’t feel like nonsense last year when they played a fairly easy schedule and met a decent team in the second round and put up 3 points. This year the schedule has been much worse (can’t control who you play in district, I get it), although I expect them to avoid the upset this time, and we’ll find out what happens when they finally play a good team.  Still, 11 games into the season Bellville has played exactly zero teams that finished the season with a winning record.  No denying they looked really good against a WOS team that was competitive with quality teams all year, but it sure felt like WOS also finally quit on their coach as well.  They beat Silsbee in the 3rd round and I’ll agree with you that my comments on the schedule were all nonsense.  

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

It didn’t feel like nonsense last year when they played a fairly easy schedule and met a decent team in the second round and put up 3 points. This year the schedule has been much worse (can’t control who you play in district, I get it), although I expect them to avoid the upset this time, and we’ll find out what happens when they finally play a good team.  Still, 11 games into the season Bellville has played exactly zero teams that finished the season with a winning record.  No denying they looked really good against a WOS team that was competitive with quality teams all year, but it sure felt like WOS also finally quit on their coach as well.  They beat Silsbee in the 3rd round and I’ll agree with you that my comments on the schedule were all nonsense.  

Yep, teams look like they "quit" when they are beat by a superior team. Same logic was used last week prior to the WOS game. 

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, teams look like they "quit" when they are beat by a superior team. Same logic was used last week prior to the WOS game. 

okay.  again, once Bellville beats Silsbee I'll be proven completely wrong.  Just like they would've totally proven me wrong last year, except they lost to Madisonville, who then gave up 60 to silsbee the week after Bellville exploded on them for 3.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

okay.  again, once Bellville beats Silsbee I'll be proven completely wrong.  Just like they would've proven me wrong last year, except they lost to Madisonville, who then gave up 60 to silsbee the week after Bellville exploded on them for 3.  

People love to talk about “last year”. Everyone was talking about “last year” before WOS game as well. New teams playing this year.