Gatesville Vs #2 Silsbee - 2nd round

Who That

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Has anyone seen Gatesville play? 

They are big, and run the ball extremely well, a typical small town physical team. try to catch our safeties eyes in the backfield, and throw it a couple times. If Tigers can make them throw it, game is over.

A few weeks ago , This game wouldn't concern  me at all, but Silsbee is beat up, not only physically but mentally. Blame it on what or whomever, but is what it is, time will tell.

It's been discussed here before, but imagine Bellville, Cuero, or Wimberly having to play 3 games in district against teams that are as good or better than them, then going into play offs. In my opinion it has got to take its tole on the kids, especially at the 4a and lower levels. Like I said, just my take , from another wanna b coach in the stands. lol

If they get there the 3d round is gonna be a struggle, regardless of who it is? One thing for sure, they will not have to play WOS again.  

18 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

if the key players for Silsbee are 50/50 type deals I suit em up but only play them in absolute emergency...Silsbee should IMO be able to handle Gatesville with the MASH unit they had at the end of last week's game as I dont believe Gatesville is quite as good as Sealy

This is when a team like Silsbee can say “next man up” the backups and 2nd teams have had plenty of playing time during regular season and can help their team now. Go Tiger Nation. 

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Half the team on crutches or limping around, half the team at home with a Fever. Maybe just go Deer Hunting Thanksgiving. lol

It's obvious with your last couple of posts that you are playing the "reverse psychology" gig here.

It's not becoming of you.

But, if not and you really believe Gatesville will beat Silsbee, I'm willing to make a wager.

What is going on here lately with all these "sensationalized" posts?

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's obvious with your last couple of posts that you are playing the "reverse psychology" gig here.

But, if not and you really believe Gatesville will beat Silsbee, I'm willing to make a wager.

My apologies if I'm a bit pessimistic, just passing on what I have been told. Even Rocky can't win one hand tied behind his back. But I hope you are right about it.  

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Totally agree.  Sensationalized is a great word.  Never would have used that one.  Showing that wisdom you have earned.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ditto, Mike. The only thing not mentioned was our ball boy out for 2 weeks with a dislocated nostril, assistant trainer on IR with IBS and equipment manager on the PUP list.