Lindale (49) @ Vidor (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Vidor - 4A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Lindale- 4A-9-1
Record: Unknown
District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor should try to schedule the better teams in district at the end of the season. Playing 3 straight cupcake teams (Liv, huffy & Splendor) before the playoffs doesn't help prepare you

The school does not get to pick their schedule in district. 

13 minutes ago, vp93 said:

The school does not get to pick their schedule in district. 

That really hurts them playing teams like Splendora last game before the playoffs .   . Maybe they should try to play some tougher teams in non-district then but I doubt tougher teams would want to play them for the same reason.  The district is just not very good, win the district or one and done

That really hurts them playing teams like Splendora last game before the playoffs .   . Maybe they should try to play some tougher teams in non-district then but I doubt tougher teams would want to play them for the same reason.  The district is just not very good, win the district or one and done

In bold,  there has been a discussion about that by Vidor fans for years,  back to when Matthews was hired.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

That and the defense gave up 49 points. Vidor can score, but their defense is lacking. 

Yup, defense is a problem. Though 2 of the fumbles were deep in the Pirates own territory. If you take the three fumbles that they scored off of away that's 28 pts. Then you add on the time that Vidor could potentially ate off the clock (without the fumbles) with those drives, there's a case that they would have scored less than that. Point is against good teams you can't have turnovers and penalties.

My opinion is that it's hard to get better teams to play in non district due to the offense Vidor runs. There's just not much value for other teams, not many teams run the wing t, so it will not benefit them later in the season. 

2 hours ago, vp93 said:

My opinion is that it's hard to get better teams to play in non district due to the offense Vidor runs. There's just not much value for other teams, not many teams run the wing t, so it will not benefit them later in the season. 

Probably is a factor, but I agree previous coach seemed to schedule some teams for “win” percentage. Some of my Vidor friends describe wing t offense looking like an ant bed that has been stirred up.