Png vs brenham Friday Nov 10 7pm at the reservation!!

lcm93

Super pumped for this game. I don’t know if we’ve ever hosted Brenham, but they have an awesome program with a great history, and their fans are some of the more pleasant I’ve ever interacted with. 

Also, I’m a little worried: I have an itch at the back of my brain saying our district hasn’t been as competitive as it was last year. The other district seems more consistently solid, top to bottom. I feel good about our chances, but this isn’t going to be some easy walk to the 2nd round. 

One thing about Brenham, they are always in the playoffs.  This is not your typical 4 seed.  I wouldn’t relax at the site of their likely 5-5 record after they play Lake Creek this weekend.  They did beat a good 6A playoff team Oak Ridge.  They lost to a ranked Belton squad and District 10 is very solid this year.  They can beat you if you aren’t ready to play.

Brenham is going to score some points.  Good QB and receivers.  They can score quickly. They have a phenomenal freshman RB.  He went out with an ankle injury on the first drive against Huntsville.  Not sure of his status going forward.

2 hours ago, Eazy said:

One thing about Brenham, they are always in the playoffs.  This is not your typical 4 seed.  I wouldn’t relax at the site of their likely 5-5 record after they play Lake Creek this weekend.  They did beat a good 6A playoff team Oak Ridge.  They lost to a ranked Belton squad and District 10 is very solid this year.  They can beat you if you aren’t ready to play.

Brenham is going to score some points.  Good QB and receivers.  They can score quickly. They have a phenomenal freshman RB.  He went out with an ankle injury on the first drive against Huntsville.  Not sure of his status going forward.

When I was in school, we used to say that copious amounts of Blue Bell must give people super powers, because Brenham used to own the Mid-County schools in just about every sport.

I remember how proud I was when PN-G’s baseball team beat them during their state title run in 2017. I was equally proud when the football team beat them last year.

You can never take a win over Brenham for granted, but I’ll take the Indians at home by two possessions.

I’ve been watching some Brenham game film. Waiting to see how they do against Montgomery Lake Creek, but they’re not particularly scary. Maybe worse than last year, which isn’t to say they’re bad this year. Just not much of a punch. Not a lot of size, not particularly fast, prone to dumb mistakes, and not well-conditioned. I’d be 50/50 on who wins between Brenham and Nederland. Reminds me of Dayton - they do what they do well, but it’s not that hard to stop them from doing it, and they’re soft of defense. With a garbage time touchdown from them, I think we’re looking at a 42-21 PNG win. This isn’t to discount them - Brenham is a tradition-rich, consistently high-performing program, with strong fan support. They aren’t going to roll over. But, PNG’s defense is too good for Brenham and our offense is going to score. I will say a big advantage Brenham might have is they’ve been playing tough, competitive games, and they’ll go from Lake Creek (who will likely beat them) to us, while we’ve had few competitive minutes since Texas City, and will play a cupcake this week. The team that’s had to fight and scrape always has a competitive edge over a team that has been rolling over people. Png might get shocked if Brenham comes out and punches us in the mouth. 

I have watched 4 games for Brenham this season. I also watched some highlights from others they have played. PN-G has the size advantage on both lines. Looks from video to be a fairly large advantage between the Indians O line and Brenham's D Line. Any team can win any week in the playoffs. That being said this Brenham team doesn't look as strong as last seasons did. Brenham fans please travel safe to the Reservation and best of luck. You guys have some of the best fans in the area. I have nothing but respect for your fans, and program. I look at Dayton the same way. That being said I do hope the Indians win this one. See you in on the 10th.