Jasper at Silsbee

TexasBoy89

2 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

it was 29-28. our qb Gilbert Moye fumbled the ball on last play of game as he was crossing goal line.

Guess what? we went to State that year.

That’s right it was 29-28 and I think it was the state championship that was 49-47 or something like that to Gilmer. Gilbert Moye was a sophomore QB at the time that Silsbee couldn’t stop. I believe he ended up at Diboll.

Just now, TexasBoy89 said:

That’s right it was 29-28 and I think it was the state championship that was 49-47 or something like that to Gilmer. Gilbert Moye was a sophomore QB at the time that Silsbee couldn’t stop. I believe he ended up at Diboll.

he did. he got done over by UIL

what's crazy is in that season of 2004 we beat Diboll 13-0 in first round of playoffs. they had a receiver that we couldn't stop bit the Qb was awful.

That receivers name?

Jeremichael Finley.

7 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

he did. he got done over by UIL

what's crazy is in that season of 2004 we beat Diboll 13-0 in first round of playoffs. they had a receiver that we couldn't stop bit the Qb was awful.

That receivers name?

Jeremichael Finley.

Finley was a monster on the basketball court as well… watched Kountze play them back then 

This will be a good game for Tigers to see how they will do with the better teams in the playoffs. Tigers weakness is size with OL and DL. Tigers two guards and center average 185 lbs on a good day. Kids are experienced but small, same with DL. Teams like Jasper, Bellville, and especially Carthage , might be hard to handle?  Only time will tell?

Just now, JaspD55 said:

This will be a good game for Tigers to see how they will do with the better teams in the playoffs. Tigers weakness is size with OL and DL. Tigers two guards and center average 185 lbs on a good day. Kids are experienced but small, same with DL. Teams like Jasper, Bellville, and especially Carthage , might be hard to handle?  Only time will tell?

I will say this, they have NOBODY on OL who will contain #99 on Jasper’s Dline.  if they do there will be lots of holding penalties.

I can't wait to see this Jasper defense. Heard it was pretty dang good. Going to be a tough test for Silsbee offense. Hoping both teams will be better for it after the game. If we come out with a mindset like we had against HF, I like our chances very much. If we come out with a mindset like we had against WOS, it will be a little more difficult, TigerNation!!!

Just now, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I was talking line men and he basically saying we can't handle most players on their defense

12 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I was talking line men and he basically saying we can't handle most players on their defense

so therefore they should shut us out. right?

4 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

so therefore they should shut us out. right?

Again, those two are talking about offensive players for Silsbee.

#1, #11, #7, #10 and #0 are offensive players for Silsbee. Only #1 (Miller) and #7 (Baltrip) plays defense sometimes. They are DB's.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Again, those two are talking about offensive players for Silsbee.

#1, #11, #7, #10 and #0 are offensive players for Silsbee. Only #1 (Miller) and #7 (Baltrip) plays defense sometimes. They are DB's.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

ok whatever. if you want try and call somebody out ya need not be confused on why post about 99 came from. it was in response to a post about OL and DL ya joy then chimed in with a list of #s . which by the way aren't just offensive #s so I assumed they may be Linemen  being the conversation was about OL and DL.

maybe clears your confusion