Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)

bulldawg64

Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?

• Nederland
    • PNG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The game is for the players, not the fans.

Should PN-G ask for bigger stadiums when they play other schools? Why just Nederland?

You really need to look at the numbers more closely and research what the costs of moving the game would be. You would be very surprised.

Without the fans there is no school football program because they are also the tax payers, season ticket holder, band parents and many have committed 5, 6 & 7 decades to supporting the program.  If you want money for logistics, travel & venue changes to benefit their access to tha game.  Those committed fans will come up with that money.  If the program is "only" for the kids.   Play the games in an empty field and see how long the program lasts without the fans.  Even as a player in High School I knew the importance of those fans.

8 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Without the fans there is no school football program because they are also the tax payers, season ticket holder, band parents and many have committed 5, 6 & 7 decades to supporting the program.  If you want money for logistics, travel & venue changes to benefit their access to tha game.  Those committed fans will come up with that money.  If the program is "only" for the kids.   Play the games in an empty field and see how long the program lasts without the fans.  Even as a player in High School I knew the importance of those fans.

But no one said you had to have 15,000 plus fans to have a game.

Again, Lamar holds 16,000. That's just 3500-5000 more than The Rez and Bulldog Stadium. That extra is not going to matter for the team and the extra costs will not be worth just a third more of attendance.

Both teams would lose more revenue just to convenience a third more people.

I have been to MCM a few times. I honestly do not think 5000 people is getting turned away from this game on a yearly basis.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But no one said you had to have 15,000 plus fans to have a game.

Again, Lamar holds 16,000. That's just 3500-5000 more than The Rez and Bulldog Stadium. That extra is not going to matter for the team and the extra costs will not be worth just a third more of attendance.

Both teams would lose more revenue just to convenience a third more people.

I have been to MCM a few times. I honestly do not think 5000 people is getting turned away from this game on a yearly basis.

2000 PNG individual season ticket are tuned away at Nederland.  Not counting everyone else that would come if tickets were available.  But so what, those fans don't matter.  Let's get back to the main subject. INDIANS VS. BULLDOGS!!!

4 minutes ago, png9mon said:

2000 PNG individual season ticket are tuned away at Nederland.  Not counting everyone else that would come if tickets were available.  But so what, those fans don't matter.  Let's get back to the main subject. INDIANS VS. BULLDOGS!!!

You are the one that brought the subject matter up.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You are the one that brought the subject matter up.

Wow it must have been an important subject to get such intelligent responses from fine diligent people like you.  PNG must stop Nederland from throwing successfully if they are going to be able to limit the quick scoring capability of the Bulldog offense. 

1 minute ago, png9mon said:

Wow it must have been an important subject to get such intelligent responses from fine diligent people like you.  PNG must stop Nederland from throwing successfully if they are going to be able to limit the quick scoring capability of the Bulldog offense. 

Hey, you know how news goes? Bad is talked more than good.

Just now, navydawg31 said:

PNG atmosphere 1 point

Nederland Bigger visiting stands 1 point

Nederland visiting stands have aisles that lead to your seats 1 point. 

As long as no flares are brought to this game Dogs will Win!!!! 

Exactly 😁

3 hours ago, png9mon said:

I now reopen the Move Mid County Madness to Lamar argument.  $20 per ticket,  it will be a sell out, no problem with extra seating on the berm area.  Teams pay stadium rental. Let Lamar run concessions.   Split the remainder of the ticket money between the two schools.

If you can't play football without "so called" home atmosphere.   Your school should probably not play football.🤗  Let's take care of the fans first.  They pay the taxes and the bills for the sports program, don't they?

Absolutely not the game should be played at either Nederland or Port Neches UNLESS a hurricane comes along THEN we can play in Pasadena😉

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

So we make sure the PNG fans continue to be packed into the ridiculously itsy bitsy seats at Bulldog  Stadium.  Because,  of course, the fans are not important at all to the success of a football program. So certainly the limited seats continue to limit the visiting fans access to MCM, and the fans continue to be treated with the disrespect they deserve.   I guess that is the smart thing according to your point of view.  Hmm let's think!

Here's an idea stand up like the rest of us do...who sits at MCM anyway?

1 hour ago, CS. said:

Dave Campbells released the point spreads this morning.  They have PN-G by 31. 

For those who don't follow.... they haven't gotten very many of them very close.  They aren't Vegas, that's for certain.

There’s that potential here.  PNG’s offense is that good.  Ned’s defense not so good.  Don’t see Ned’s offense having much success against PNG’s defense.  Although Ned’s RB could break a few.  Over all I don’t think there will be much day light to run.  Just like against Marshal.  Except for a couple of times their defense had Ned’s RB contained.  Again, I look for the same thing from PNG’s defense.