Crosby Superintendent

4 minutes ago, FNG said:

So Dunn went to Crosby HS all 4 years. I wouldnt consider that a "Move in" but whatever. 

Don't pass the buck. Don't blame someone else. Her mantra that first year was "this is now!' implying: that was then, this is now. Ok, then take ownership of the problems you inherited with the position and face them. She's been in that position for several years at this point and the facilities are degrading, not improving. There was sewage backed up in the press box sinks and bathrooms for a home game this year. Turf still needs to be replaced. Track is being repaired with cans of flex seal. There's dozens of more examples.

Yes, everyone has an ego. 

Hers has destroyed the athletic programs of a district that was thriving in this department when she was hired. 

Not sure where she going to get the money from when the ISD was in financial straits. Perhaps the newly proposed bond will address what you have stated. 

Let's be fair, there was no money left over to continue with the much needed improvements you have pointed to. To blame here for the facilities is quote a STRETCH. Simply, the money ran out. Crosby was short teachers a few years ago... That seemed to been her focus. Sure Football is King in Texas but....

1 minute ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Not sure where she going to get the money from when the ISD was in financial straits. Perhaps the newly proposed bond will address what you have stated. 

Let's be fair, there was no money left over to continue with the much needed improvements you have pointed to. To blame here for the facilities is quote a STRETCH. Simply, the money ran out. Crosby was short teachers a few years ago... That seemed to been her focus. Sure Football is King in Texas but....

Again, passing the buck. Why have a maintenance staff if they don't do maintenance? When I left there was over 100 maintenance work orders that had not been fulfilled. New busses are being bought because the bus maintenance staff cannot repair the busses that are a few years old with minor issues. New district suburbans being bought too. 

All this while a bank of lockers falls on a middle school PE kid and breaks his leg. No working toilets in the field house. A single custodian to deal with the entire athletic wing of the school. The play clock non functioning for 4 years. Coaches with the same 10 year old head sets on the side line. 

These are just the athletic issues. The issues in the schools deserve another thread entirely. 

Again..... I could go on. 

53 minutes ago, FNG said:

2021 was not an anomaly. 2021 was the result of  a good class of kids, a single move in and a staff that came together to out work the staffs of every team they faced. This was in the midst of covid. While many staffs did everything they could to take as much of the year off, the staff that Prieto had hired only a year prior did everything they could to continue to practice as often as the UIL and other BS restrictions would allow. Did we have some exceptional HS players? Yes. Deniquez Dunn and Reggie Branch are among the best HS players I've had the chance to be around. But, the 2021 team did not have nearly as many college committed athletes as the current Crosby team does. 

Prieto was run off. Plain and simple. He was never allowed to implement the changes he asked for despite his success. There was still CODE RED painted on the walls of the cafeteria and Gym 2 years into his tenure as coach despite this being the mantra of the previous staff. The facilities of Crosby ISD are awful and frankly unsafe and unsanitary. The field house where the varsity dresses for home games is infested with mice and only has one working toilet. The showers are used as storage for the old weight room equipment. the practice fields are useless because they are never mowed and more closely resemble a vacant farm plot than an athletic facility of a program that played 31 games in two years. 

It is my opinion that the Superintendent had her fragile little ego bruised when all of her church friends asked her about Prieto and his success more often than the success of the ideas she had implemented. She did nothing to keep him when he was being offered other jobs. She made this business personal instead of doing her job which is to employ and keep quality employees.  

Prieto also inherited something similar to Willis. Hired late spring, kids bitter because they lost their HC/AD. Still made the playoffs and made it to the 2nd round his first season. I hear a lot of people saying this year is a rebuild year......

33 minutes ago, FNG said:

Coaches with the same 10 year old head sets on the side line. 

Again, She has been there just over 3 years.... and you say this been going on for 10. Make it make sense, I bet no one had anything to say the other 7 years.

Disclaimer: I do not know the Supt nor have a kid in CISD. I just pay taxes as many others do.

41 minutes ago, FNG said:

Same person who cussed out one of their best football players for hugging his former coach? Yeah I've heard. 

Now that kid is recovering from a life threatening car accident that caused a severe concussion and may well have ended his football career. Bet he aint fighting to come back and keep playing for someone who does stuff like that. 

I'm sure these types of decisions are exactly what you're looking for from the director of football operations. 

Okay we have something we can agree on (LMAO). Where is the board in this process, they should have or could have not approve this too.

To be clear. I’m not related to the sup. In fact I’ve never laid eyes on her. I’ve been very involved in athletics and education..not in Crosby. 
Yes football is incredibly important to a town especially in Texas but at the end of the day a child’s education trumps football. 
Good luck to Crosby and I hope y’all figure out how to have a great football program AND a great education. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Winning or losing in Football was not a criteria for the job. I'm not taking up for anyone, I don't even know the lady. I'm just pointing out frivolous comments and faulty arguments.  😎

Clearly thats the job of the AD and HC. However, that position in the district is arguably the biggest hire. When she does everything in her power to make him resign and then the next guy is faced with an awful situation, it is her fault. I do not blame Willis for this season's mishaps. It is his fault for not doing more research before taking the job. When interviewed by Dave Campbell's, he stated all the old Crosby BS that people on the outside seem to believe...... Crosby has so much talent, Crosby Is a one horse town with tons of community support, Crosby has always been successful, Crosby has great facilities.

These things are misguided at best and flat out lies at worst. 

Where's the talent? It dang sure is no where to be found currently.

Cosby and Barret Station are two communities that feed one High School and are completely divided and do their best to not interact with one another. The current situation is only working to make that worse.

Crosby has been successful athletically in the past, but with the mishandlings of the district financially and with the constant turn over of employees they are going to have a hard time finding willing people to hire. less than 5 years ago they layed off 100 employees at Christmas with no warning. These are local teachers and coaches. Last year her decision to run off Prieto left them to hire 26 coaches. How long before the well is dry and no one will want to work in this situation?

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

So are you saying more non Caucasians have made the program less successful? I’m not sure I’m following you.

I'm certainly agreeing with him on that! As a matter of fact you see it all across the state; there are numerous programs that were once very proud and successful that are now struggling to win because of this....just to name a few in East Texas that are suffering dearly: Alto, Tenaha, Jacksonville, Henderson, Tatum...these are a few of the schools (just in east Texas). Make no mistake its happening on a very large scale across the entire state

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Winning or losing in Football was not a criteria for the job. I'm not taking up for anyone, I don't even know the lady. I'm just pointing out frivolous comments and faulty arguments.  😎

A divided community, low staff morale, and losing athletic programs is part of the criteria when board members start getting earfuls. I don’t think she will be around long enough for it to happen. She’s moving on up before it totally crashes. 

8 minutes ago, UGK said:

I'm certainly agreeing with him on that! As a matter of fact you see it all across the state; there are numerous programs that were once very proud and successful that are now struggling to win because of this....just to name a few in East Texas that are suffering dearly: Alto, Tenaha, Jacksonville, Henderson, Tatum...these are a few of the schools (just in east Texas). Make no mistake its happening on a very large scale across the entire state

So is an influx of Hispanics the fault of the Superintendent? (The topic heading is "Crosby Superintendent")

9 minutes ago, FNG said:

Clearly thats the job of the AD and HC. However, that position in the district is arguably the biggest hire. When she does everything in her power to make him resign and then the next guy is faced with an awful situation, it is her fault. I do not blame Willis for this season's mishaps. It is his fault for not doing more research before taking the job. When interviewed by Dave Campbell's, he stated all the old Crosby BS that people on the outside seem to believe...... Crosby has so much talent, Crosby Is a one horse town with tons of community support, Crosby has always been successful, Crosby has great facilities.

These things are misguided at best and flat out lies at worst. 

Where's the talent? It dang sure is no where to be found currently.

Cosby and Barret Station are two communities that feed one High School and are completely divided and do their best to not interact with one another. The current situation is only working to make that worse.

Crosby has been successful athletically in the past, but with the mishandlings of the district financially and with the constant turn over of employees they are going to have a hard time finding willing people to hire. less than 5 years ago they layed off 100 employees at Christmas with no warning. These are local teachers and coaches. Last year her decision to run off Prieto left them to hire 26 coaches. How long before the well is dry and no one will want to work in this situation?

Damn 26 coaches? Well then, Crosby Football have more coaches than varsity players. Hell that's more than the fans in attendance, minus family members (LOL)

Imma need for you to pick an argument. First you say its the Supt fault, now you are saying there is currently no talent in CHS.

How can a small town have 2 leagues and struggle to fill varsity positions at the HS level? Seems like there is a broken link between Youth to HS football. Let me guess its the Supt fault too.

Preito came in late like Willis too, but he still was able to win....

40 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I know several superintendent who have been released because of it.

It is her job to hire the right people for the job.

Keep losing in sports that the school once excelled in and see how hot her seats get.

21 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So is an influx of Hispanics the fault of the Superintendent? (The topic heading is "Crosby Superintendent")

Yessir i see what the topic is, and the influx is obviously not the sup's fault; i just wanted to talk about it on a statewide level. Lots of teams that were dominant in years past have collapsed and will never return to prominence. Sorry bout getting off topic.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Y’all are screwed! Her last statement quoting Hilary Clinton tells me all I need to know. Democrat …. Good Luck 

If this process truly took place then what more can you ask for. A selection committee selected the lone finalist then she had a 1v1 interview with him. Sure she could have denied the committee work, and not select him. Then she would have caught backlash for that too. Seem like a lose lose situation to me.

2 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Damn 26 coaches? Well then, Crosby Football have more coaches than varsity players. Hell that's more than the fans in attendance, minus family members (LOL)

Imma need for you to pick an argument. First you say its the Supt fault, now you are saying there is currently no talent in CHS.

How can a small town have 2 leagues and struggle to fill varsity positions at the HS level? Seems like there is a broken link between Youth to HS football. Let me guess its the Supt fault too.

Preito came in late like Willis too, but he still was able to win....

26 coaches across all sports. 

my argument is clear. 
Crosby is in an awful situation. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Prieto staff knew the talent was dwindling along with participation but They damn sure wouldn’t be O-6 right now.

That new staff had to come in late, evaluate talent and install a new playbook in just a few weeks that aint their fault. That’s her fault.

Kids are gonna quit when they feel like a Coach that cared about them is runn off for no good reason. There’s a bunch of good football players going home from CHS at 2:45 every day. guys that played on the varsity last year abd would be starters this year. 

1 hour ago, Concerned Citizen said:

If this process truly took place then what more can you ask for. A selection committee selected the lone finalist then she had a 1v1 interview with him. Sure she could have denied the committee work, and not select him. Then she would have caught backlash for that too. Seem like a lose lose situation to me.

A selection of teachers and stakeholders, and one coach. Most people on that committee have never had a whistle around there Neck. They found a man with previous success and had to hire him, despite the fact that he was 2-8 at his last school as the HC. 

As an outsider (with a lot of gray hair), it’s critical for a Superintendent to understand the pivotal role extracurricular activities play in the overall education process.

In a single high school town, the extracurricular activities are what the town rallies around. They can bring a sense of pride, which—in turn—brings more community/parental involvement, which breeds more success in academics as well as total well-rounded education. Successful extracurricular teams have historically provided more approved bond moneys than any other school activity. Just academics aren’t even close. Academics are great. But, voters don’t jump up & down & cheer for Johnny & Janet’s 4.5 gpa. It just doesn’t garner the same type of pride—even though it’s fantastic.

Those who only focus on academics are just as bad as those who only focus on extracurriculars for not helping their charges reach their full potential.

Pride in community is built quickly on successful Friday nights. Don’t underestimate  the power of this to get necessary bond money approved for other needed improvements—both academic assistance and otherwise.

I wish Crosby luck.