Week-7 Port Arthur Memorial vs La Porte Predictions

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Who wins   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • La Porte

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2023 at 05:00 PM

27 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Agree.

PAM had a pick 6 against Crosby. But—not being disrespectful of the young man—Crosby’s QB was not a very effective passer.

LP’s D has been very opportunistic with 4 INT’s (2 pick 6’s) in the last 2 games, and I don’t remember how many fumbles recovered this year. All while being pretty decent ball security wise.

If LP creates defensive scores against PAM, PAM’s in trouble.

I've had conversations pre-season stating no one has anybody coming back that scares me

However, LP's offensive scheme is trouble for modern day defenses that play 100% nickel as a base

So, all Mangum and company have to do is revert back to the 2nd half film from last year after LP gashed them in the 1st half

Titans will be fine at home

hey oldawg, i see you come out of hiding lol. you mentioned your qb is a pretty good passer? PAM probably has the top secondary in district. to boot, KWP have the #1 defense and i think thats because they probably played all the baytown schools therefore making the stats skewed. like most are saying, PAM CAN NOT PLAY SLOW FROM BEHIND!!!!!! my best friend would tell when you try to eat clock, you playing to lose(RIP Bigd92). Well if he was here i would tell him every time PAM gets the ball, they MUST score!! TD/FG JUST DON'T LEAVE POINTS ON THE FIELD WITH THE BS PLAY CALLING and MILK. THE. CLOCK!!! i seen in some games like porter, we snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock. i get "titan tempo" (which is a catch phrase), but the best defense is sometimes keeping a hot offense off, espicially one that wheres you down while eating clock and scoring. trust and believe that's what LP is going to do. no doubt we have the better team....it's the stooges on the sideline that will lose this game

7 hours ago, pakronos said:

hey oldawg, i see you come out of hiding lol. you mentioned your qb is a pretty good passer? PAM probably has the top secondary in district. to boot, KWP have the #1 defense and i think thats because they probably played all the baytown schools therefore making the stats skewed. like most are saying, PAM CAN NOT PLAY SLOW FROM BEHIND!!!!!! my best friend would tell when you try to eat clock, you playing to lose(RIP Bigd92). Well if he was here i would tell him every time PAM gets the ball, they MUST score!! TD/FG JUST DON'T LEAVE POINTS ON THE FIELD WITH THE BS PLAY CALLING and MILK. THE. CLOCK!!! i seen in some games like porter, we snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock. i get "titan tempo" (which is a catch phrase), but the best defense is sometimes keeping a hot offense off, espicially one that wheres you down while eating clock and scoring. trust and believe that's what LP is going to do. no doubt we have the better team....it's the stooges on the sideline that will lose this game

LOL.

Not sure I understood all that. But, I’ve been on this thread since the beginning trying to help keep the rivalry/excitement level up. This rivalry goes back a ways and deserves the attention. I usually only post on threads involving LP where the other school has posters also posting. I rarely jump in threads that don’t involve LP. That doesn’t mean I’m not here. 😜

I’ve about run out of things about this game other than specific matchups, and I haven’t seen too many PAM fans want to get that deep. (There will be some good individual matchups in this game. Many won’t be the skill players.)

I’ll just finish with this.

‘Better’ athletes is subjective, and don’t always make for a better team.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:46 AM, Austin1985 said:

I've had conversations pre-season stating no one has anybody coming back that scares me

However, LP's offensive scheme is trouble for modern day defenses that play 100% nickel as a base

So, all Mangum and company have to do is revert back to the 2nd half film from last year after LP gashed them in the 1st half

Titans will be fine at home

Glad it's a home game. 

14 hours ago, OlDawg said:

LOL.

Not sure I understood all that. But, I’ve been on this thread since the beginning trying to help keep the rivalry/excitement level up. This rivalry goes back a ways and deserves the attention. I usually only post on threads involving LP where the other school has posters also posting. I rarely jump in threads that don’t involve LP. That doesn’t mean I’m not here. 😜

I’ve about run out of things about this game other than specific matchups, and I haven’t seen too many PAM fans want to get that deep. (There will be some good individual matchups in this game. Many won’t be the skill players.)

well let put it this way..,when LP was in the gutter, yes we would see you post, but it was more of whoa is me post...now u thumpin yo chest...i like it...gets me fired up. Incase u forgot or didn't know, check the post count...im formally patitan. no skilled position match ups???? well according to you LP qb slings it alll over the place, gotta have some talent catching those passes...our db's vs those wr's is a match up. we shall see. oh and i;ll be sitting on LP side around 30 near the concessions if you wanna chat about the game...hoping the weather holds up

9 hours ago, pakronos said:

well let put it this way..,when LP was in the gutter, yes we would see you post, but it was more of whoa is me post...now u thumpin yo chest...i like it...gets me fired up. Incase u forgot or didn't know, check the post count...im formally patitan. no skilled position match ups???? well according to you LP qb slings it alll over the place, gotta have some talent catching those passes...our db's vs those wr's is a match up. we shall see. oh and i;ll be sitting on LP side around 30 near the concessions if you wanna chat about the game...hoping the weather holds up

Tiny Titan?

Wow! Hope you’re doing well. Glad I helped you get fired up for the game. Not sure where you read half of what you think you’ve read, but at least you’re fired up. 😎

Unfortunately, I don’t get to go to games much any more. I’m gonna try to tune in on the PAISD site.

LP leads the overall series 8-5. LP lead 8-2 until the last 3 years when LP had a new staff each year for those 3 years amid major turnover. PAM won in 2020, 21, & 22 to close the series gap to 8-5 LP.

LP’s staff is in their second year now. The HC was at LP previously, and WANTS to be here. The return to ‘LP Football’ is becoming evident.

Should be a good game.

As I posted earlier, Calpreps has it at 41-28 PAM. We’ll see.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:27 AM, OlDawg said:

LOL.

PAM will have the better team … it’s just about coaching.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:17 AM, OlDawg said:

Tiny Titan?

Wow! Hope you’re doing well. Glad I helped you get fired up for the game. Not sure where you read half of what you think you’ve read, but at least you’re fired up. 😎

Unfortunately, I don’t get to go to games much any more. I’m gonna try to tune in on the PAISD site.

LP leads the overall series 8-5. LP lead 8-2 until the last 3 years when LP had a new staff each year for those 3 years amid major turnover. PAM won in 2020, 21, & 22 to close the series gap to 8-5 LP.

LP’s staff is in their second year now. The HC was at LP previously, and WANTS to be here. The return to ‘LP Football’ is becoming evident.

Should be a good game.

As I posted earlier, Calpreps has it at 41-28 PAM. We’ll see.

sorry to hear u won't be there. i hope all is well with u. as far as the game, i look for a fast low scoring game due to LP running attack. Heart says PAM, mind LP....20-14 either way

18 minutes ago, pakronos said:

sorry to hear u won't be there. i hope all is well with u. as far as the game, i look for a fast low scoring game due to LP running attack. Heart says PAM, mind LP....20-14 either way

Ha! My mind says PAM. (But, with PAM’s schedule so far, it’s hard for me to gauge.) My heart says Dawgs.

I think It will be higher scoring. I’d be tempted to say 41-38 LP as a homer.

PAM/LP tilts are hard to pick when they both are close to their historical selves.