Week-7 Port Arthur Memorial vs La Porte Predictions

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Who wins   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • La Porte

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2023 at 05:00 PM

Have more later after watching an ‘old friend’ on film. Off the top of my head—first impressions—LP has played a feisty Lee squad, and two probable playoff teams from our district. Both games have been hard fought victories with great coaching adjustments by LP staff.

LP seems to have found their QB in the Soph #13. But, 8 is capable & has been getting 1/2 of the reps until KP.

LP did get #23 back. He’ll have a week of practice to get back in the groove. Now, LP Rb’s go 3 deep with no drop-off. Even saw the true wing T once this week. KP sniffed it out. KP run D is stout. 

7 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

@Mr. Buddy Garrity I'm betting lol... naw jk.  I don't know much about La Porte this season.

LP is a throwback to 2011-2012ish type LP teams. Not quite as strong a D. (No Hoza clones.) But—actually—I’m becoming a little more impressed with their pass D each game. 2 more picks against KP.

50 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

LP is a throwback to 2011-2012ish type LP teams. Not quite as strong a D. (No Hoza clones.) But—actually—I’m becoming a little more impressed with their pass D each game. 2 more picks against KP.

This worries me, but PAN defense do adjust. I just don’t like these slow starts and sus offensive play calling

I'm so happy to see less bubble screens but know I would like to see them abandon the wildcat with Martin. He is a heck of a rb but teams know whats coming when he line up in it but still no reason we repeatedly can't get 1 yard in that formation. I would like to see #20 get more carries in short yarded situations. He has shown to more willingness to run n/s and in between the tackles.

Interesting tidbit that shows some of the difference in LP of past & now.

LP has given up an opening drive TD each of the last 3 games against good competition. Worrisome. But, they have immediately responded with a score of their own. Against KP, LP only had 15 offensive plays all first half. Still lead 20-14 at half with explosive plays & D score. LP doesn’t have to control clock as much as in the past to be successful. They have big play potential. LP was averaging 397 YPG before KP. Not sure now with new stats. But, didn’t get near that—I don’t think—against KP. Still found a way to win. (KP has #1 D in district.)

LP’s district opponents are a combined 7-6 in district.

PAM’s district opponents are a combined 2-9 in district.

Doesn’t look to be any question who has played the tougher opponents, and haven’t even had a true home field advantage for any of them.

PAM always has athletes. Always have. LP’s cupboard isn’t bare. 😀

21 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Interesting tidbit that shows some of the difference in LP of past & now.

LP has given up an opening drive TD each of the last 3 games against good competition. Worrisome. But, they have immediately responded with a score of their own. Against KP, LP only had 15 offensive plays all first half. Still lead 20-14 at half with explosive plays & D score. LP doesn’t have to control clock as much as in the past to be successful. They have big play potential. LP was averaging 397 YPG before KP. Not sure now with new stats. But, didn’t get near that—I don’t think—against KP. Still found a way to win. (KP has #1 D in district.)

LP’s district opponents are a combined 7-6 in district.

PAM’s district opponents are a combined 2-9 in district.

Doesn’t look to be any question who has played the tougher opponents, and haven’t even had a true home field advantage for any of them.

PAM always has athletes. Always have. LP’s cupboard isn’t bare. 😀

7-5 LP. 

This game also seems almost like a must win for PAM. They lose and could possibly be looking at a 3 rd place finish having to beat both BH and KWP. LP on the other hand really has no one left on the schedule, so they finish 1 or 2 in district regardless in my mind.

BH needs an LP win😎

53 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

This game also seems almost like a must win for PAM. They lose and could possibly be looking at a 3 rd place finish having to beat both BH and KWP. LP on the other hand really has no one left on the schedule, so they finish 1 or 2 in district regardless in my mind.

BH needs an LP win😎

We gonna whip yall arse. Not even worried about it. I'm worried about this game. This is the district championship. 

Just finished watching PAM/Crosby game. This will be a good game. PAM will finally have to play a team with a winning record. LP will play for 4 quarters—and more if necessary.

This will be a renewal of an old rivalry. LP has been down by LP standards since LaReau retired with a spinning top of coaches. None fit.

Now, LP has a coach with previous experience at LP—who WANTS to be here—and build his own legacy with a historically strong program.

In his second year, LP is coming back with a vengeance.

LP still leads the overall series. PAM has been trying to catch up while LP has been down. Time may be running out on that quest.

3 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Just finished watching PAM/Crosby game. This will be a good game. PAM will finally have to play a team with a winning record. LP will play for 4 quarters—and more if necessary.

This will be a renewal of an old rivalry. LP has been down by LP standards since LaReau retired with a spinning top of coaches. None fit.

Now, LP has a coach with previous experience at LP—who WANTS to be here—and build his own legacy with a historically strong program.

In his second year, LP is coming back with a vengeance.

LP still leads the overall series. PAM has been trying to catch up while LP has been down. Time may be running out on that quest.

Great post. 7-5 LP. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We gonna whip yall arse. Not even worried about it. I'm worried about this game. This is the district championship. 

Lol You’re worried and there won’t be no arse whoppin. You may win or you may lose, but  it will be a good one.