Lumberton 24 LaMarque Updates 21 Talk it up

KFDM COOP

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket to get into Stallworth stadium:    $6

Gas to get to and from Baytown:  $30

Watching the Lumberton Raiders eliminate the defending state champion La Margue Cougars:  PRICELESS

Congratulations Raiders.  You young men played a phenominal game tonight.  THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.  Keep up the hard work.

You Raider fans are awesome.  It's a blast being a part of the L-train.  See you Friday night.

I am sooooo tired but since my phone battery pooped out and couldn't give any more updates I will give you my final thoughts.....in case that lonesome soul out trhere cares....

La Marque has some amazing talent....many of whom will probably never play ball again.....but I didn't see them really pull together as a team....welll I take that back some of them did pull together as a team and looked like a championship contending team....but they had a few players who were uncontrolled as far as sportsmanship and played a dirty game....I think those players are why LaMarque was unable to get the job done.....really the only success that LaMarque seemed to have was running the sneak and a few long passes that they got lucky on.  They were all fast but they weren't all great.  Like I say though they had some great talent in alot of players.

Lumberton looked great on defense....they were hard hitting and never gave up until the end....the only thing I thought caught them was not covering receivers....but when the receiver can run 30 yards by the time you see him it is hard to cover them....it was a very few mistakes that let LM score at all....overall defense did great and I felt proved to be much stronger than LM's defense.....Offense running game was as near unstopable as ever....Hussey had a great game and on many occasions took 11 guys to get him down....I wish I could move like that....the O-line looked great as well....blocking was great....overall I think the big O played a good game with few mistakes(none that stand out really to me...)

And now for my two HUGE complaints::

1.  Where in the world were LaMarques fans....you can't tell me a school like that can't bring 8000 fans....I would say they proabbly had about 3000, maybe 4 at the most....If you looked over at Lumberton side it literally was so tightly packed that you couldn't move....now that may have been from everyone being so fat from the massive amount of great food at the tailgate party but you know....

I have always felt that fan support is the single most important thing....when a team gets down all they need to look at is their support....if the stands are full....they don't lose any drive....when you look up and see a half capacity crowd on your side and a full crowd on the other it will get you down

2.  Where is the class at La Marque HS....while many players showed alot of class a small few would constantly take cheap shots for no reason....knee people when they were down....late hit....and then instead of shaking hands at the end....just sat there throwing their helmet.....again this was only a few players but if I was their coach I know I would have them repainting the bleachers in puke on Monday....also the mascot was completely trashy....I am pretty liberal when it comes to things like that but thrusting your hips at both teams cheerleaders is never acceptable at the high school level if at any level....also in the pregame introductions of cheerleaders the mascot(albeit with a solid paw) made a gesture flippin off the raider mascot....if you don't beleive me itshould be on tape becasue it was on the scoreboard when it happened....just a lack of class....

Congratulations to Lumberton for a great season that has yet to end....and congratulations to the many players on LaMarque who even when they lost held their head up high and showed true class and sportmanship....yall had a great season

I am not one to talk trash but, man was the LaMarque crowds quiet tonight!!!???  I swear I heard a mouse ***t on their side.  Congrats to the L-Train!!  I can not describe how pround I am to say I graduated from Lumberton!!!  It is not just because we won either, but it was the way that we never gave up and continued to fight all the way to the finish.  Thank You L-Train!!!  It was a Thanksgiving weekend to never forget!!!

All I have to say is..eventhough the Refs were TOTALLY horrible, and cheated us out of soo much our boys still pulled it off.

To the La Marque fans, next time your boys shoud try not to be so cocky and classless.

They had the most rude mascot Ive ever seen.

How do u explain La Marque "3 SIDELINE WARNINGS" and Lumberton 2 SIDELINE PENALITES.

through it all the L-TRAIN rolled through and took the win once again!!

WAY TO GO GUYSS!!

you deserve it!

CHOO CHOOF

1.  Where in the world were LaMarques fans....you can't tell me a school like that can't bring 8000 fans....I would say they proabbly had about 3000, maybe 4 at the most....If you looked over at Lumberton side it literally was so tightly packed that you couldn't move....now that may have been from everyone being so fat from the massive amount of great food at the tailgate party but you know....

I have always felt that fan support is the single most important thing....when a team gets down all they need to look at is their support....if the stands are full....they don't lose any drive....when you look up and see a half capacity crowd on your side and a full crowd on the other it will get you down

I think when you have a tradition like LaMarque does, it's hard to pull a sellout when it's obvious you're not on that "state title" trail. LaMarque started off the year with big expectations, but had a rough second half of the year, losing big games to Texas City and Dickinson (the last week of the regular season). While there are a lot of schools who would take an 8-2 record any year, there are those who consider that record a huge disappointment, and fans get apathetic.

I'm truly happy for Lumberton to have the support that they do, but remember that for LaMarque, there is no such thing as being satisfied with a season if it does not end in a state title. Clearly that was not going to happen this year. Maybe after coming in third in district, fan support fell off. I don't know, but I can identify. Until it's clear that we're "on a run," fan support at WO-S tends to be less than what it should be - but those of us who are there every week are hard core. Once success is an expectation, it's hard to maintain that city-wide euphoria. Enjoy it, and I sincerely hope that you have to worry about the same problem soon. Although it IS a problem, it's better than the alternative - big crowd and no wins.

All I have to say is..eventhough the Refs were TOTALLY horrible, and cheated us out of soo much our boys still pulled it off.

To the La Marque fans, next time your boys shoud try not to be so cocky and classless.

How do u explain La Marque "3 SIDELINE WARNINGS" and Lumberton 2 SIDELINE PENALITES.

WAY TO GO GUYSS!!

you deserve it!

CHOO CHOOF

Why is it that the posters who call a team "classless" always post the most classless comments?  ???

Guest tigersvoice

WAY TO GO GUYSS!!

you deserve it!

CHOO CHOOF

"CHOO CHOOF" - ladyraider123 Sweetie!  It didn't take you long to get into the "Warm Up" wine, did it? ;D

Guest BIG HOUSE

The Lil Engine that DID................We are very PROUD of you guy's..You left it all on the field.....GREAT JOB TAKING OUT THE DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS............... ;D ;D ;D

SWEET  ::) ::) ::) ::)  wat to go raiders.  defense was awesome, though the

cooooogaaaahs did move the ball. offense was great, hussey showed up big

time,the cream will rise to tha top,bryce hit some critical passes & made top

qb good decisions, a.c. made a HECK OF A CATCH  to set up a pressure fg

by trace freeman,good job trace u nailed it. guys u did it again. remember,

losing ,u let it happen, winners make it happen, u young men r a classy group

of warriors. im busting at the seams. coaches called a great game & prepared our raiders well.  fans was hhhuuuuuugggge. u guys beat a very good lm team

no doubt about it. most part their fans where good,suppoting.  now about them refs, >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. absolutely atrocious. go back to austin r wherever u guys r from .yuk,poo,what,im confussed, both sides got

so really hurtfull calls,most against us.lm got their share.since when does the center of attention belong on the zebras. really sorry for both teams these refs where just bad. just watch the game & you all will see.oh well ,how

about them raiders.so proud ,so grateful,feeling pretty good rt. now ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o ::) ::)

There is a huge difference between winning and winning with pride. For a team to come onto the field exhibiting such rude, tacky, and distasteful behavior has no chance of winning with pride, even if they win. I am unable to express the PRIDE that I feel for the Raiders and the way they kept their composure in the mist of what had to have been the most poor represntation of a school that I have ever seen.  Although the Raiders suffered what was clearly an uneven and biased officiating game, they kept their honor and worked extra hard to distigiush themselve as a fair and honest group of young men. The team as well as their coaches should stand proud and know that they have shown themselves as being true gentlemen on the field of competition. Lumberton Raiders have aways been known as a proud and honorable team to area schools, now they carry that pride and honor to schools that have rarely if ever heard the name "Lumberton Raiders". Stand proud Raiders, your school, families and city are more proud of you than they are able to show.      

Winning is good, but winning with pride will be remembered. YOU WON WITH PRIDE !!!!!    

Congrats to LM on what most teams would call a great season. There were many years the L-Train would have traded places with you. I believe we just saw a team that had so much expectations placed on them that they imploded as a team. Only a few players showed themself and it affected the TEAM. It is called pressure, the L-Train and LM's past put pressure on a team that was good, but wasn't great. Takin nothing away from them but to act the way some of the players acted at the end of the game was less than a Champion. It was a treat to see a team with so much speed and so many good players on one team. The best feeling of it all is that the L-TRAIN ran over the Coguars ( WOOOOOOOOOOSH).

Goooooooooooooooooooooo RAIDERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention, attention can anyone find C4L or Bounce, I mean Pounce. I hear the bouncing of a B Ball !!!!!

That was a great game ..... the L-TRAIN plays like pitbulls, just not willing to give up!  This will carry them a long way.

Really surprised me how a few of LM players just laid on the field and  looked like were crying! I guess when your used to winning! 

OH WELL Wooosh!

Some programs and players expect to win, even in a down season. Even though LaMarque isn't what they were last year - and certainly not the powerhouse of the 90s - that standard is still there. Despite the things you might think are wrong with their style, you should respect what they built there.

I don't see how calling out players for being emotional is in any way "classy." In fact, it's downright trashy. Do you not expect the Raider players to be down when this ride ends? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Some programs and players expect to win, even in a down season. Even though LaMarque isn't what they were last year - and certainly not the powerhouse of the 90s - that standard is still there. Despite the things you might think are wrong with their style, you should respect what they built there.

I don't see how calling out players for being emotional is in any way "classy." In fact, it's downright trashy. Do you not expect the Raider players to be down when this ride ends? You should be ashamed of yourself.

You know what I'm about tired of your gibberish ...no.they were not what I call classy STATE Ch organization  ....I would call it like a spoiled lil brat.

Beginning to think you belong in that group! No I do think you belong ......WHOOOSH!