Lumberton 24 LaMarque Updates 21 Talk it up

KFDM COOP

So because I'm defending kids who were upset that the fruits of their hard work had come to an end, you're attacking me personally? That's fine. At least I'm an adult, and it's pretty true to the character you've shown so far. But if you're going to be so aggressive, you might want to check into some grammar lessons.

Good luck next week, Raiders. It should be a fairly easy win.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because I'm defending kids who were upset that the fruits of their hard work had come to an end, you're attacking me personally? That's fine. At least I'm an adult, and it's pretty true to the character you've shown so far. But if you're going to be so aggressive, you might want to check into some grammar lessons.

Good luck next week, Raiders. It should be a fairly easy win.

So, what you're saying that if I was to not succeed at something I put my total effort in, that I can throw a hissy fit.  That's your vision that an adult would tolerate.  PLEASE! Life will throw you way more then that ...you must be  a young fella!

So, what you're saying that if I was to not succeed at something I put my total effort in, that I can throw a hissy fit.  That's your vision that an adult would tolerate.  PLEASE! Life will throw you way more then that ...you must be  a young fella!

No, but it's okay to be emotional when a part of your life comes to an end. It's not okay to "throw a fit" just because of something trivial - like if someone left your team out of a "congrats on a big upset" thread. That would just be ridiculous.

Somehow I doubt the LM players were rolling around, kicking and screaming. Several times I've seen players kneel and shed tears after a playoff run or a hope-filled season. It's not the same if you know your season will be over after a given week.

No, but it's okay to be emotional when a part of your life comes to an end. It's not okay to "throw a fit" just because of something trivial - like if someone left your team out of a "congrats on a big upset" thread. That would just be ridiculous.

Somehow I doubt the LM players were rolling around, kicking and screaming. Several times I've seen players kneel and shed tears after a playoff run or a hope-filled season. It's not the same if you know your season will be over after a given week.

The last I'm going to say on this ......they were laid out acting crazy.....if it were my kid.....I would have went out there and snatched him up!  If they were just on their knees, I wouldn't have made the comment!

Do we have the stats for this game?

Scoring summary

LAM -- Jairus Kerlegan 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 07:00, 1st.

LUM -- Cody Hussey 2-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 00:21, 1st.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 73-yard pass to Cody Hussey. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 06:21, 2nd.

LAM -- Jairus Kerlegan 8-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 01:43, 2nd.

LAM -- Shane Cams 14-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 07:09, 3rd.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 35-yard pass to Jacob Hanna. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 05:01, 3rd.

LUM -- Trace Freeman 25-yard field goal, 00:15, 4th.

Team Stats

La Marque    Lumberton

Total yards                     401         353

First downs                      20           10

Rushes/Yds                   31/137     34/167

Average rush                   4.42        4.91

Comp/Atts                     18/29       6/13

Pass yards                      264          186

Comp pct                       62.07       46.15

Punts                               3             4

Punting Yards                  109           115

Punting Average              36.33        28.75

Fumbles/Lost                    0/0          2/1

Penalties-yards              15-140        8-75

Way to go Lumberton !!!!  What a dang good game !!!!  I was so happy to see LM go down.  Someone needed to put them in their place !!!!   Wow what a crowd last night !!!  There were so many folks there from so many different schools.  Alot of PNG, Nederland fans there support you guys !!!  Welcome to the big time !!!  You guys have what it takes !!!  keep it going !!!!!!   Lets get behind all our area teams and support and pull them thru !!!   Tonight its PNG's turn !   Lets bring everyone to this one tonight regardless of the weather and lets get us another sweep for our district and send out the message !!!  SETX is for real !!!!!!!

GO PNG !!!  GO LUMBERTON !!!  GO DAYTON !!!

Scoring summary

LAM -- Jairus Kerlegan 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 07:00, 1st.

LUM -- Cody Hussey 2-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 00:21, 1st.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 73-yard pass to Cody Hussey. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 06:21, 2nd.

LAM -- Jairus Kerlegan 8-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 01:43, 2nd.

LAM -- Shane Cams 14-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 07:09, 3rd.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 35-yard pass to Jacob Hanna. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 05:01, 3rd.

LUM -- Trace Freeman 25-yard field goal, 00:15, 4th.

Team Stats

La Marque    Lumberton

Total yards                    401        353

First downs                      20          10

Rushes/Yds                  31/137    34/167

Average rush                  4.42        4.91

Comp/Atts                    18/29      6/13

Pass yards                      264          186

Comp pct                      62.07      46.15

Punts                              3            4

Punting Yards                  109          115

Punting Average              36.33        28.75

Fumbles/Lost                    0/0          2/1

Penalties-yards              15-140        8-75

I'm almost positive LM had a lost fumble near the end of the 1st half at about their own 20.  Lumberton was unable to capitalize.  They attempted and made a FG only to have it nullified by a penalty and then missed the next one after the yardage was marked off.

Guest tigersvoice

good call by the announcer on the INT!

;DThis is the same guy that you called "Old Fart" two games ago.  Oh, wait!  Maybe that was me you were referring to? :o

AND, the next night, and the next night, and the next night . . .

Ok guys you are really making SETEX PROUD! It makes us guys at the other end of the district feel a little better that we were beaten by the best. Now go all the way and make us feel that much better! Go L Train!!!!!!!

First - Congrats Lumberton from a Silsbee fan. I really enjoyed sitting amoung the Lum faithful, what fun! Great game.

Second - WOS92 you are one of the WOS fans that I'm sure WOS wish would NOT represent their team and community. You obviously were not there.......LM deserved t o lose on BAD sportsmanship alone .....the adults of this community are losers for allowing and condoning this behavior. Kicking rolling around on the ground, throwing helmets..........if LM NEVER wins another game........it would be deserving. They lost much more than a game last night...........they lost, RESPECT!

Third - UIL should ban anything LM as far as that discusting band and half time performance - LOSERS!

Fourth - (see first) plus - My daughter (12yo) said it best, I've never been this excited for a team other than Silsbee, great team, great fans, great half time show....NOTHING BUT CLASS!

Guest tigersvoice

There is a huge difference between winning and winning with pride. For a team to come onto the field exhibiting such rude, tacky, and distasteful behavior has no chance of winning with pride, even if they win. I am unable to express the PRIDE that I feel for the Raiders and the way they kept their composure in the mist of what had to have been the most poor represntation of a school that I have ever seen.  Although the Raiders suffered what was clearly an uneven and biased officiating game, they kept their honor and worked extra hard to distigiush themselve as a fair and honest group of young men. The team as well as their coaches should stand proud and know that they have shown themselves as being true gentlemen on the field of competition. Lumberton Raiders have aways been known as a proud and honorable team to area schools, now they carry that pride and honor to schools that have rarely if ever heard the name "Lumberton Raiders". Stand proud Raiders, your school, families and city are more proud of you than they are able to show.      

Winning is good, but winning with pride will be remembered. YOU WON WITH PRIDE !!!!!    

There ladyraider123 - have some Karma.  Maam, your Raiders have spread it bigger than "Your school, families and city" - the entire REGION is in support of Lumberton and everyone is very proud of how the Raiders carry themselves after they have won.

Guest tigersvoice

Well, it's obvious that you were not there to witness the "Rolling around, kicking and screaming."

There ladyraider123 - have some Karma.  Maam, your Raiders have spread it bigger than "Your school, families and city" - the entire REGION is in support of Lumberton and everyone is very proud of how the Raiders carry themselves after they have won.

Thank you TV! Now come here and let me repay you that hug!!  ;D

Guest tigersvoice

Thank you TV! Now come here and let me repay you that hug!!  ;D

Well . . . that gets YOU some Karma AND another big hug when I see ya'.  Can't be there for Waller (have a daughter getting married) -  hope that doesn't get the L-Train mojo out of balance!