Barbers hill at Crosby

lcm93

Crosby middle school has been the problem for years and it has finally created a situation. It’s crazy that a football itch community like Crosby is having trouble getting kids to play. Hopefully with this new team there they can change things. Real story, in 8th grade class of 2021 #2 Dunn couldn’t even get on the field for offense at the QB position. He transferred into Crosby in the 8th grade and was clearly better than Crosby youth league QB. But the coaches were playing favortism to the Crosby youth league players. That QB they put over Dunn never played a down on varsity and got hurt in 2020. Dunn was mostly used to punt the ball in 8th grade. No he didn’t get better, he was the stud in 8th grade too, but Kenebrew had a different agenda. This is why Crosby got able bodies walking in the halls and don’t want anything to do with the athletic programs. If it was done to an instrumental player like Dunn you can only imagine what other instances exist. 

Sadly, the “fumbling” of the AD hire and the shifting of Crosby ISD demographics are gonna add to the already existing problems. Coach Willis is by all accounts a good to great coach, but not what Crosby needed “right now”. Crosby need a coach that can attract kids and reestablish the Football program. IMO, Coach Hurts would have been able to attract players. I keep hearing he not winning where he is at. In that district CV don’t even stand a chance to win, won’t matter who is the coach. Kids from CV, NS or surrounding area are not gonna come play for Coach Willis, and now with the state of the program kids in the district not gonna play. This is a sad situation for any ISD.

41 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

If alignment  looks bad  for Crosby,there could be a mass exodus at Crosby.Numbers may go way down.Thank you Miss Superintendent.

How is it the Supt fault? To my understanding there was a committee involved in the hiring process, then the board had to approve it. How many board members voted No?

48 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Crosby middle school has been the problem for years and it has finally created a situation. It’s crazy that a football itch community like Crosby is having trouble getting kids to play. Hopefully with this new team there they can change things. Real story, in 8th grade class of 2021 #2 Dunn couldn’t even get on the field for offense at the QB position. He transferred into Crosby in the 8th grade and was clearly better than Crosby youth league QB. But the coaches were playing favortism to the Crosby youth league players. That QB they put over Dunn never played a down on varsity and got hurt in 2020. Dunn was mostly used to punt the ball in 8th grade. No he didn’t get better, he was the stud in 8th grade too, but Kenebrew had a different agenda. This is why Crosby got able bodies walking in the halls and don’t want anything to do with the athletic programs. If it was done to an instrumental player like Dunn you can only imagine what other instances exist. 

Sadly, the “fumbling” of the AD hire and the shifting of Crosby ISD demographics are gonna add to the already existing problems. Coach Willis is by all accounts a good to great coach, but not what Crosby needed “right now”. Crosby need a coach that can attract kids and reestablish the Football program. IMO, Coach Hurts would have been able to attract players. I keep hearing he not winning where he is at. In that district CV don’t even stand a chance to win, won’t matter who is the coach. Kids from CV, NS or surrounding area are not gonna come play for Coach Willis, and now with the state of the program kids in the district not gonna play. This is a sad situation for any ISD.

You hoping CV, NS or other surrounding area kids come to Crosby as in recruiting them? Lol

11 hours ago, alwaysright said:

You hoping CV, NS or other surrounding area kids come to Crosby as in recruiting them? Lol

Who said anything about recruiting, kids transfer all the time. Transfers are nothing new. the school and coaching situation needs to be attractive enough for them to consider going there. Crosby didn’t invent transferring 🤷🏾‍♂️

Only way Crosby comes out of this positively is with some bunker mentality. 

The one thing for Crosby is that they need every game now. I wouldn't want to be playing a team with this level of scrutiny from the adults in the area. Granted many of those "adults" act like children. 

We will see, the defense just got torched by Lee, Lee is generally good for an upset a year it appears. Last year was PAM this year Crosby. 

I mean given the posters on here we should just forfeit now, why even play the game. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

The one thing for Crosby is that they need every game now. I wouldn't want to be playing a team with this level of scrutiny from the adults in the area. Granted many of those "adults" act like children. 

We will see, the defense just got torched by Lee, Lee is generally good for an upset a year it appears. Last year was PAM this year Crosby. 

I mean given the posters on here we should just forfeit now, why even play the game. 

That’s why we play the game. Anything could happen it’s just the odds are low 😎

How Lee beat PAM last year still has me scratching my head. Beating Crosby this year not so much. I thought Crosby would win, but also thought it would be close.  It just seams that Crosby doesn’t have enough weapons this year. Defensively opponents don’t have much planning to do if the have the players to match. Spy the 2 backs and put your best DB on #1 done 😎

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

How Lee beat PAM last year still has me scratching my head. Beating Crosby this year not so much. I thought Crosby would win, but also thought it would be close.  It just seams that Crosby doesn’t have enough weapons this year. Defensively opponents don’t have much planning to do if the have the players to match. Spy the 2 backs and put your best DB on #1 done 😎

Besides turnovers, we had a rash of covid/flu go through the team that week. Just telling what I heard last year

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I doubt anyone would argue that Crosby has had the toughest schedule. You’d hope they could take that and learn from it. BH will be tough but I doubt they will kick Crosby in the teeth like CE King.

Barbers Hill has only had competition from Magnolia West and if not for two late scores by MW, it would have looked much worse. I believe BH will come out little cocky and Crosby needs to throw a punch early against that stingy defense. Secondary might be only place they’re vulnerable right now. I’d test BH deep every series. A homerun early might give them the confidence to keep it close. 

True , that’s my only concerns with this game. BH hasn’t played anyone and 2 out of 3 games the 1st teamers only played half a game. What puts me at ease is that it’s Crosby and BH will never overlook or underestimate them. BH will come in swinging and try to get out on top quick. If Crosby can keep that from happening we will have a game.

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

True , that’s my only concerns with this game. BH hasn’t played anyone and 2 out of 3 games the 1st teamers only played half a game. What puts me at ease is that it’s Crosby and BH will never overlook or underestimate them. BH will come in swinging and try to get out on top quick. If Crosby can keep that from happening we will have a game.

I’d go after that BH secondary until they prove they can stop it. I can’t see anyone established a running game against BH. 

1 hour ago, Justafan15 said:

I’d go after that BH secondary until they prove they can stop it. I can’t see anyone established a running game against BH. 

The secondary is pretty salty as well. The first game of the season against MW it didn’t look real good and I think a concern going into the season. During that game they changed some personal and it really shored up. However you’re right that is probably the better option. One challenge in that is keeping our front 7 out of the backfield long enough to test us.  

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I hope that LB for BH plays, I like the way he attacks the football. That son of a gun has mean nasty mentality that I love. I don’t see it being close, but when teams don’t like each other, you never know.

We hope to see him too😃 Not sure where he is on the recovery or for that matter what the injury is. I did see this week that he committed to Western Kentucky though, so congrats to him.

13 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby run a Mickey Mouse Playhouse offense... you know exactly what they are about to do. It's sad and boring to watch.

I’m going to attend this game in person one day… I used to love when both teams were in the other district and their would be 23 pages on why BH sucks or Crosby sucks… then we were all one district and it ended up being 35 pages with every team in the district mentioned and dragged in… best of luck to both teams!

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m going to attend this game in person one day… I used to love when both teams were in the other district and their would be 23 pages on why BH sucks or Crosby sucks… then we were all one district and it ended up being 35 pages with every team in the district mentioned and dragged in… best of luck to both teams!

The good ole days 😂

min honor of Navydawg I would like to say 

CROSBY SUCKS!!!!!

19 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

I doubt anyone would argue that Crosby has had the toughest schedule. You’d hope they could take that and learn from it.

I get the point but there is a point of diminishing returns. Getting totally beatdown does not teach much of anything. Conversely, playing total pushovers doesn't do much of anything except work the reserves out, which is a good thing but not the primary goal.

I would like to play a team 10%-20% better than yourself, and even if you take a narrow loss its OK if you got great work in. In any case as I said before, I think the last 2-3 games are the most important before the playoffs. By week 11, the week 0 or 1 games do not matter as much. 

I would speculate BH finds new predistrict opponents next year, as does FMB and CEK.     

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I get the point but there is a point of diminishing returns. Getting totally beatdown does not teach much of anything. Conversely, playing total pushovers doesn't do much of anything except work the reserves out, which is a good thing but not the primary goal.

I would like to play a team 10%-20% better than yourself, and even if you take a narrow loss its OK if you got great work in. In any case as I said before, I think the last 2-3 games are the most important before the playoffs. By week 11, the week 0 or 1 games do not matter as much. 

I would speculate BH finds new predistrict opponents next year, as does FMB and CEK.     

I think BH scheduled Shadow Creek as their scrimmage last two years to be challenged by an opponent who would be considered superior in most areas. BH held their own but it exposed weaknesses, especially in the secondary. Needless to say, our front 7 held their own for the most part. Offense made a few plays but SC showed BH where they were. 
I could see them trying to schedule at least one tough opponent for next two seasons.

As long as the first two games didn’t demoralize Crosby this season, they should improve from the experience.