West Orange-Stark (20) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

6 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Take away Turner and WOS wins 3 games.    Such a poor offensive scheme, and poorly coached team.  Every extra point chart and coaching philosophy in the world tells you to kick the extra point up 3.    You NEVER go for 2 in that situation.    

They still have the jimmy’s and Joe’s though.   Sad for such a proud and great program to settle for that.

Without Turner we don't even win 3...

J&J's are the only reason we got that close.

7 hours ago, dj said:

Lol, but I wouldn't gave the Coaching a D though.bcz, for some odd reason w.o only have abt 5 plays.and even with the backup QB in the game.png wasn't trying to throw the ball.and instead of at least sending ur lbs so they wouldn't get caught been hooked.they didn't even try to adjust to help the dline out.and this trend will continue.so I will give them AN F+.

Bro I was thinking the back qb didn’t do anything but hand the ball off and to be honest I don’t remember him completing many passes if any and they want him to be qb???? 

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Not sure brother Ill find out. Just know the kid is a gunslinger thats a littler different style than PNG is used to. Really great mechanics and a lightening quick release. He has a lot of power and accuracy. 

That kid stepped up and ran that offense like a natural leader impressive to watch. Hope NDN's build off that performance.

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Any word on our QB? I hope he is not hurt. WOS Fam let's keep the spirit as best as we can for the sake of the team. They do read our comments. Let's keep them up-lifted and support the whole team coaches and all at this point.

It looked to me like he might have a concussion. He didn’t limp or hold any part of his body when we walked off the field. But the way he lay there for a few moments was scary. Hope he’s ok. 

40 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It looked to me like he might have a concussion. He didn’t limp or hold any part of his body when we walked off the field. But the way he lay there for a few moments was scary. Hope he’s ok. 

From what I could see, they were checking head and neck. So concussion could be correct. What is the concussion protocol? One week no activity?

39 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From what I could see, they were checking head and neck. So concussion could be correct. What is the concussion protocol? One week no activity?

I don’t know. I thought it was about a week, but not so long a player can’t play the next week if they seem ok 

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

WOS is still WOS minus... the mystique. Damn im thinking like some yall. Smh. 

Can we finally have a conversation about how some of the WOS coaches have destroyed the "mystique# of WOS. They seem to have no respect for the history of WOS. Fans like myself will have to remember the good old days. The present socks and the future may not be any better. Feel sorry for the program and kids. Imo

12 minutes ago, monknuk68 said:

Can we finally have a conversation about how some of the WOS coaches have destroyed the "mystique# of WOS. They seem to have no respect for the history of WOS. Fans like myself will have to remember the good old days. The present socks and the future may not be any better. Feel sorry for the program and kids. Imo

This might get me sent to a gulag, BUT : They need to call themselves the Chain Gang Defense again.  

7 hours ago, pakronos said:

Bro I was thinking the back qb didn’t do anything but hand the ball off and to be honest I don’t remember him completing many passes if any and they want him to be qb???? 

And they given him too much credit.and they not seeing the whole picture how bad it is.w.o secondary isn't been taught!! I think they're the poorest coaches in the state.our kids doesn't know how to break on the ball or just knock the ball down.the only INT they have in the past 2yrs is by amerson#22 off a deflection.our kids we're in man lastnite but they only try to run with the wrs.and png didn't even try to exploit that.u will see going forward how they will give up big yards bcz our kids trying very hard to learn a system.but the kids don't know technic.look at the Nederland and lcm film.and how ppl were wide open.our kids are truly trying to do what is asked of them.ive seen some teams with a few bad coaches.but, this coaches staff needs to coach 7 or 8th grade.i truly believe if we had Nederland coaching staff we could beat anybody.

Edited by dj
Missed word

2 hours ago, monknuk68 said:

I don't disagree 

5 hours ago, dj said:

i truly believe if we had Nederland coaching staff we could beat anybody.

I know what u mean. But not anybody. Imo, if we had an experienced staff that had already proven their system could win. We would be competing with the top ranked teams in our division in December. This is an experiment trying to do things their way and figuring it out. It's like on the job training with no supervisor. 

I still think we're making progress. Slowly... 2 steps forward 1 step back. We'll get back at least one of those losses from last year. And not have to face Bellville in round 1.

7 hours ago, monknuk68 said:

I guess you can start the conversation by thanking CT (your savior) for recommending the new coach and leaving the program. 

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I know what u mean. But not anybody. Imo, if we had an experienced staff that had already proven their system could win. We would be competing with the top ranked teams in our division in December. This is an experiment trying to do things their way and figuring it out. It's like on the job training with no supervisor. 

I still think we're making progress. Slowly... 2 steps forward 1 step back. We'll get back at least one of those losses from last year. And not have to face Bellville in round 1.

I need u to look at the overall team. Let's start with our DBS.our kids aren't been taught fundamentals.just breaking on the ball.if a wr can catch then they tackle.our Lbs get out of position bcz,they're sitting there no reading just hoping to find the ball.its not the kids fault bcz they're truly trying.were asking to much from our kids.look at the last TD not only were our kids tired but look at our lbs the whole second half.no one filled the gabs.and watching it tv gives u a better look.and let's not go to the oc he only knows 5 plays like this is 8th grade while standing on the sideline.i hate that everything that we help build there is been destroyed by guys that are abt themselves instead of teaching the kids fundamental.CT was so great bcz,no matter how great a player was he still made sure they knew there assignments.this current staff is still too busy trying to teach a system instead of teaching kids fundamental.i just wanna see kids just have an opportunity to college ball.but, I see it with this staff.as an ex players it hurts bcz ik how hard these kids are trying.

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

How??? Where??? What was his completion numbers and yards??? I don’t remember him completing a pass and just handing the ball off

He did not throw plethora  of passes however the ones I seen him throw where either dropped are missed one in particular the receiver was wide open and bobbled the ball another one the receiver was open in the red zone and the ball hit his finger tips. If you need stats why don't you look them up ?