Crosby (7) @ Fort Bend Marshall (56) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s hard for your team to get fired up when the head coach tells them it’s a scrimmage. Meanwhile our old coach is apologizing to his new community for taking a non-district L.

No fire, no swagger, no anything. Practice is like a business meeting. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is Kevin Flannigan all over again. Outside of the MS athletic coordinator who came from North Shore we don’t have any coaches on the staff who came from winning program at this level or higher. The CEO style coaching works at a lot of places with a different type of kid. It’s just never been shown to work here. Coach Willis is a great dude but again, doesn’t always mean you’re the best fit. 

Fit is everything and if this is ran as a business meeting this can have long term implications for Crosby Football program. This program have benefited from transfer of the neighboring high schools. When you having students not participate in their senior, I find it real hard for players to consider transferring to Crosby. Seems like someone might dropped the ball on this hire.  One of what I said will fix the immediate problems, but just wanted to point out same things.

Code Red got the QB they been wanting, got 2 stellar RBs, D1 MLB, etc…. This team have more D1 offers than the 2021 state contenders. The 2021 one D1 came from Branch, but that UIW offer came with his time in the neighboring district. 2 great coaches abruptly leaving a program is never a good sign. The community needs to demand some answers from the board and Supt. Just like any coach, the community is quick to turn on you when you are not winning. This is getting ugly real fast.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:52 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s hard for your team to get fired up when the head coach tells them it’s a scrimmage. Meanwhile our old coach is apologizing to his new community for taking a non-district L.

No fire, no swagger, no anything. Practice is like a business meeting. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is Kevin Flannigan all over again. Outside of the MS athletic coordinator who came from North Shore we don’t have any coaches on the staff who came from winning program at this level or higher. The CEO style coaching works at a lot of places with a different type of kid. It’s just never been shown to work here. Coach Willis is a great dude but again, doesn’t always mean you’re the best fit. 

Probably should've signed that NIL deal with Dayton in the offseason.