Beaumont United (14) @ Port Neches-Groves (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

So now PNG is upper tier 5A? 😂😂😂😂

So I for one understand that PNG is not and will never be a perennial powerhouse like say a GPNS. That being said anyone with a coaching background such as yours should be able to understand that what PNG accomplished with the lesser talent than many teams we played last season was a pretty darn good feat to accomplish. I make no bones about it we will not ever have a fraction of the athletes that GPNS or Katy or many other teams inbour area so when that one group comes through we will take it so would well over 1000 other highschools in Texas

12 hours ago, aki1994 said:

You keep talking talent and skill, size. I would rather play a group of disciplined, well coached kids any day over a grouping of athletes and big kids with no direction. BU has more skill and size than PN-G and might have a competitive game against our backups. I get your point that getting your a$$ handed to you annually by a group of untalented kids from mid county does nothing to prepare you for the blow outs in district but it actually does. No reason for false hope. You should be applying to take over this BU program with all your knowledge and experience instead of spending your time talking about how great you are on a high school message board. 

Also I have nothing against BU. I hope they come together and surprise people the rest of the season, but the constant spamming of this thread with how much PN-G doesn't have and how much you know because we are just fans is growing old. Take the L and move on. 

Just keep in mind he isn’t a BU fan.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

13 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

So I for one understand that PNG is not and will never be a perennial powerhouse like say a GPNS. That being said anyone with a coaching background such as yours should be able to understand that what PNG accomplished with the lesser talent than many teams we played last season was a pretty darn good feat to accomplish. I make no bones about it we will not ever have a fraction of the athletes that GPNS or Katy or many other teams inbour area so when that one group comes through we will take it so would well over 1000 other highschools in Texas

Never did I take away anything that PNG accomplished last year…in fact it was an impressive run especially after seeing the personnel they played with. But making a state title run doesn’t make you a good or great program. Crosby had two good years & now look back to being average.

I’m simply stating that PNG is an average football program & shouldn’t be on a 6A school’s schedule nothing more nothing less.

7 hours ago, SETX7273 said:

Facts, Facts, Facts... funny how BISD fans blame the kids and the coaches. When if they really understood BISD is soooo far behind in all those categories mentioned, its ridiculous. Why don't coahces from winning local schools in the area apply for BISD jobs, especially United/Ozen etc? Because they know how bad it is inside.

A lot of us BISD fans are not happy about the current state of affairs, but I’m sure NON of us have blamed the kids.  

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It would seem like you’re a fan of NS or any Houston area team that plays a team from SETX.  Based on how you be going on and on.

Because I share my experiences coaching at NS that makes me a fan? Lol No I just respect great programs that do things the right way & give props where they’re due…because I’m not delusional like you & don’t support the BS that’s taking place in BISD I guess that makes me a fan of Houston area teams huh?

This was funny to read.. i understand what Izzy is saying about the scheduling and resources in BISD. To me, if you want to get better your non district should be scheduled with some stiff competition that is going to prepare you for your district. West Brook Non district schedule is pretty decent with lamar, manvel and deer park. BU schedule against those teams idk.  Watching WB games and film tells me that they can make the playoffs in that 4th spot and that they need to be in 5A due to the size of their roster. But the schools in setx doesnt have the tools and facilities like the schools in houston and the greater houston area. We truly are behind in that category. They are doing the best they can with what they have. I think one school is truly needed for BMT if they want to compete in 6A.

I think West brook if they were 5A would beat PA (in a super close one) and PNG. Now BU i dont know because i havent watched film on them. 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:17 PM, Coach_Izzy said:

No matter who’s the coach, NO COACH is being successful in BISD under its current condition. Athletics need a whole revamp 

Starting with the AD.  Back when the decision was made to combine Central and Ozen and not to give JN or ET the job, in my opinion, there was 1 viable candidate that could have brought that talent together to start BU off in the right direction.  Todd Peterman had just won a state title @ DeSoto in 2016 and a 10-2 record in 2017.  I think he could have galvanized that locker room, laid the foundation for a successful program and they would have been better than 2-8 that first season.  Central wasn't world beaters but boy do I miss the COMPETITIVE games on Friday nights...

16 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Starting with the AD.  Back when the decision was made to combine Central and Ozen and not to give JN or ET the job, in my opinion, there was 

Or not hiring a state champion Todd Peterman who was rumored to have applied for the job. I think one of the biggest issues BISD has had when hiring Head Coaches, is recycling coaches from the area who have never been successful or came from successful programs. I’m a firm believer that “success breeds success” BISD rarely hires coaches with no ties to the area & typically hire guys that come from bad or mediocre programs, which is dumb!

You can’t expect a coach to help a program be successful if that coach has never learned or been apart of a successful program. It literally hasn’t worked & they continue to make the same type of hires.

But that’s besides the point no matter who’s hired, until BISD changes their athletic infrastructure it really don’t matter who they hire they won’t be successful. 

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

Or not hiring a state champion Todd Peterman who was rumored to have applied for the job. I think one of the biggest issues BISD has had hiring Head Coaches, is recycling coaches from the area who have never been successful or came from successful programs. I’m a firm believer that “success breeds success” BISD rarely hires coaches with no ties to the area which is dumb! It literally hasn’t worked & they continue to make the same type of hires.

Plus, whoever they have hired in the past several years has not been allowed to bring in his own staff.

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Or not hiring a state champion Todd Peterman who was rumored to have applied for the job. I think one of the biggest issues BISD has had hiring Head Coaches, is recycling coaches from the area who have never been successful or came from successful programs. I’m a firm believer that “success breeds success” BISD rarely hires coaches with no ties to the area which is dumb! It literally hasn’t worked & they continue to make the same type of hires.

Somehow I hit ENTER before completing my comment but if you go back and look at it now, that's exactly who I was talking about.  Time for the AD to be removed but he won't be because BU basketball has won 2 out of 3 state championships...

9 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Supposedly Peterman was offered the BU job but couldn't bring everyone he wanted, so he took the FW Brewer job...

As he should’ve…no coach who knows wtf they’re doing would take a job where they can’t bring in their own staff! This is why you continue to get low level hires of guys from the area or guys out of HISD.

I know I might be in the minority on this one but I actually think Graham wasn’t a bad hire…he just couldn’t overcome the hand he was dealt. 

I have a few coaching buddies who’ve reached out to me regarding the WB job that is rumored to come open this spring & I caution all of them that I would go in the interview with a list of demands (of the things I stated earlier in this thread) if they can’t meet every single demand don’t even waste your time cause you’re simply setting yourself up for failure. Furthermore me personally I wouldn’t even consider coaching in Beaumont until it made one high school but that’s just me.