Week-2 Port Arthur Memorial at Nederland Predictions

Who wins   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Nederland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2023 at 11:30 PM

25 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I'm with Coach Morgan.  Their RPO game concerns me.  And after the high of beating the $5 indians(again), the Men in Black could be caught slippin,.  PA wins but Nederland covers(+36 according to Dave Campbell)

Nice to see it in non-district cause I watched a little of the Dayton vs NCP game and NCP is going to do that Week-4 more than likely. They were also running the same defense the mid-county schools run. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nice to see it in non-district cause I watched a little of the Dayton vs NCP game and NCP is going to do that Week-4 more than likely. They were also running the same defense the mid-county schools run. 

Glad to give y’all a look before district. Just hope it’s a strong test against y’all. 

On 8/30/2023 at 6:51 AM, bmtbulldog said:

I've predicted Ned's first 4 possessions. 

Run left, QB keeper, long pass dropped, punt...

QB keeper, run right, long pass over thrown, punt...

Long pass (incomplete), long pass (incomplete), short pass complete, punt...

Long Pass (Intercepted-Pick-6)

You dont have enough "run da ball!" in there actually 

Or "overthrows his intended receiver"

However the last line was dead accurate for last year

All joking aside the run game has stepped up so far (I only have WOS to go off of) and I like what I see, after last year it was a relief to see Nederland up 20-8 at one point.  

35 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

You dont have enough "run da ball!" in there actually 

Or "overthrows his intended receiver"

However the last line was dead accurate for last year

All joking aside the run game has stepped up so far (I only have WOS to go off of) and I like what I see, after last year it was a relief to see Nederland up 20-8 at one point.  

Nederland's RPO game is legit.....

On 8/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, Austin1985 said:

Nederland's RPO game is legit.....

I think people don’t really appreciate what you’re saying here.  It is extremely difficult / rare for a HS we to execute a true RPO, there were real flashes of something special last Friday.  Could be an equalizer over the course of the season as Ned gets better at executing in game speed situations against elite speed. 

5 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I apologize Brubaker, but I saw no real flashes of anything special about Nederland’s RPO system.  However it really doesn’t matter when your defense is giving up 40+ a game.  Joy, joy 2-8 again

Tell us you didn't watch the 1st half of last week's game without telling us 🤣

I watched the 1st half and 2nd half and saw nothing special with offense, defense, and special teams. The offense is improved from last year, but you have to remember how bad they were last year. I am beginning to realize that there are a lot of posters that simply don’t know how to recognize good football vs bad football

2 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I watched the 1st half and 2nd half and saw nothing special with offense, defense, and special teams. The offense is improved from last year, but you have to remember how bad they were last year. I am beginning to realize that there are a lot of posters that simply don’t know how to recognize good football vs bad football

I know, I just quoted one. 

23 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I don't remember King playing against Nederland last year.  That RPO will make an eager underclassman's eyes wander, etc.  Plus, that RB is back from last year.  Point taken though if that Oline can't block that front 4.......

I was just being honest about the scheme I saw against WO-S