Port Neches-Groves (7) @ Port Arthur Memorial (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Handicapped offense was called. Just my opinion. 

We were handicapped a couple of our best starters. Not sure it would have made much of a difference. One on either side of the ball. Once again PAM go win it all and make us all proud. You guys deserve it. 

"I thought the kids played really hard. We were obviously in really good shape as we weren’t really affected by the weather or with cramps." — Memorial coach Brian Morgan 

This is the hidden content, please

Pretty sure Martin is a Sophomore, misprint by the paper. 

We need to shore up the kickoff team. PNG ran to our left side with success all night. Curiously, our top 2 RBs are on the left side of the coverage team(?)

The ķicker looked great. 

Offensively, #7 simply has to get more touches. He was the lead back last year and torched the Indians. He's by far the most proven, dynamic offensive threat early this season and needs to be utilized more.

The defense was solid, but PNG didn't really test that unit. PNG QB ran timidly which surprised me bc he was the Wildcat QB last year. 

Overall, good first game and win. 

1 hour ago, PA98 said:

We need to shore up the kickoff team. PNG ran to our left side with success all night. Curiously, our top 2 RBs are on the left side of the coverage team(?)

The ķicker looked great. 

Offensively, #7 simply has to get more touches. He was the lead back last year and torched the Indians. He's by far the most proven, dynamic offensive threat early this season and needs to be utilized more.

The defense was solid, but PNG didn't really test that unit. PNG QB ran timidly which surprised me bc he was the Wildcat QB last year. 

He’s always ran timid. 

3 hours ago, PA98 said:

The ķicker looked great. 

Agreed. Aside from the td pass where the wr got behind the secondary, u can tell that he hasn’t the true qb skills png qb’s normally have

12 hours ago, truPAfan said:

I cannot get through my head how these coaches don’t see what I see…what we all see for that matter.  You run the same damn screen and qb draw all fist half.  Do they know the definition of insane?  That’s what they are producing.   They finally made adjustments but damn man… Should not have taken that long.  YOU HAVE A WHOLE PLAYBOOK YOU PRACTICE…FREAKING USE IT MAN!!! It’s very frustrating to see the type of athletes you have on the field and you don’t take advantage of it.  Sad to say…different year..same story…coaches…when will y’all learn??? I don’t understand… Maybe I should’ve chosen coaching as a profession… I can guarantee I’ll be doing a better job than some of these.  I don’t mean to insult…but damn man…I’m basing my assumptions opinions off what you are showing me… … Bottom line…y’all can do a hellllll of a lot better than tonight 

Bro, I been preaching this for YEARS!! This is where I give PNG mad props! They got someone not from here from a winning program which translated to a state appearance. I think it’s too late to attract a coach from outside the area due to the city itself. Like someone said, it looked like they don’t have confidence in the qb or they playing to his abilities 

14 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

So............

Offensive line(Showed up)

Stover did ok considering the offensive play calling.  I can understand if the O/C was calling quick passes to protect the line but this was rediculous

The Oline showed up(I was so worried they wouldn't)

The defense is as advertised (Memorials)

Catching Nederland next after blowing a lead to WO-S

Should be interesting

They better start trusting their QB and call more vertical stuff in the passing game and not be vanilla in the playcalling or the Ned game will look like last night offensively.  Also Stoever needs to make better reads, a few times he almost got picked while having another WR open (can't try to force feed #14). But it was Week-1 🤷🏾‍♂️

No pun intended but it looked like the same offense that BU had the season Chandler Rivers played alot on offense, only difference was no jet sweeps. 

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

Bro, I been preaching this for YEARS!! This is where I give PNG mad props! They got someone not from here from a winning program which translated to a state appearance. I think it’s too late to attract a coach from outside the area due to the city itself. Like someone said, it looked like they don’t have confidence in the qb or they playing to his abilities 

I’m gave them the benefit of the doubt… They showed some significant improvement in the play calling last year.  But man…you get a whole off season and you REGRESS?!?  As a fan and supporter… Is not that we don’t appreciate the team we have.  We do..they’re great.  Just that when you know you should be seeing a way better product than the one being put on the field…it gets frustrating because the potential to be great is there.  They just can’t seem to figure it out.  …The defense is legit.  Other than that touchdown at the end of the first half, they played exceptional. The offense has the potential to be really good.  The coaching staff just has to open up the playbook.  That vanilla offense ain’t gonna do much come playoff time.  It was frustrating to watch last night.   I hope the coaches realize that they can run more than that handful of plays they ran most of the night.   You have to believe in your QB.  If you win you win if you lose you lose…at least show that you are trying and mix it up… Take chances… It would be much more respected if you go out trying.   Than to play scared and in hindsight think of all the would’ves could’ves…

Overall.. good team win over a solid team in PNG.

PNG will be fine. Remember last year Crippen didn’t look all that great in the beginning of the season. Then everything started coming together. New coach, new philosophy. Now Adams takes over and hasn’t been a QB for three years. Joseph has his way of doing things and the first game of the season is about how the QB reacts in certain situations and he may call something that will purposely put him in that position just to see how he reacts to it. Adams didn’t have to read coverage or get guys lined up in the right position. Now he does so it will take a little while but he will get there just like Crippen did.

• 4 weeks later...