Dayton (21) @ New Caney Porter (42) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: New Caney Porter - 5A-8-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Dayton- 5A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

!!:!!: 21/28/3 Datyon implodes

You've alerted the ScoreboardBot:

Score Alert: Dayton(21) @ New Caney Porter(28) Q3

2nd half was hard to watch, 1st half was more what I was expecting. Coaches stopped coaching on the sideline didn’t help either. I realize this is the 1st game but there are way too many quality athletes on this Dayton team for a showing like that. Porter has a decent team but not near as good as Dayton made them look in the 2nd half.

22 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

2nd half was hard to watch, 1st half was more what I was expecting. Coaches stopped coaching on the sideline didn’t help either. I realize this is the 1st game but there are way too many quality athletes on this Dayton team for a showing like that. Porter has a decent team but not near as good as Dayton made them look in the 2nd half.

I was told the Dayton coach is one of the best in the state… interesting. 

27 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I was told the Dayton coach is one of the best in the state… interesting. 

He is a great coach. Dayton is a little low on talent this year. They will rebound and finish respectable this year. Like I have said many times, "wait for the next three years after this year and see how they do". 

12 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

Dayton dominated 1st half  then  the fumble/ turnovers took themselves out of the game and   proceeded  to half as-s it the  second half.Way to many talented WR's  to not get them the ball. Porters QB will give any team fits.

7 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton dominated 1st half  then  the fumble/ turnovers took themselves out of the game and   proceeded  to half as-s it the  second half.Way to many talented WR's  to not get them the ball. Porters QB will give any team fits.

Is NCP QB the same kid who played RB last season? 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is NCP QB the same kid who played RB last season? 

Unfortunately he graduated  - New QB  is a South paw Sr. who runs good  but needs more  work with passing game. Made some good passes for a Td but not enough for the receivers we have.  ( he will improve when the game slows down for him) The RB graduated too. ( best RB to come through Dayton in my opinion)

3 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Unfortunately he graduated  - New QB  is a South paw Sr. who runs good  but needs more  work with passing game. Made some good passes for a Td but not enough for the receivers we have.  ( he will improve when the game slows down for him) The RB graduated too. ( best RB to come through Dayton in my opinion)

I'm talking about for NCP.  I remember they had 3 different kids play QB last season, but one was a RB though that had a brother that was a SR RB last season. 

9 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Kinda looked like Dayton thought they had already won the game about halfway through the 2nd quarter, Maybe that punch in the mouth will be a good thing, won’t really be able to tell next game though looks like Waltrip is pretty bad again.

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm talking about for NCP.  I remember they had 3 different kids play QB last season, but one was a RB though that had a brother that was a SR RB last season. 

This the third Evans-Pickens to come through Porter. His brother was the RB last year.   He played QB the last few games last year.  He was banged up the first part of the season. 

On 8/26/2023 at 5:45 PM, jayhawk said:

I might be misunderstanding, but just wanted to clarify that the southpaw is a sophomore. Denim Foster. He's gonna be a good one. His backup is also a sophomore, Hunter Wallace, and he can sling it and looks the part, build-wise.

10 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

Low on talent????

The 11th graders were undefeated in everything in MS. I expect for Dayton to make a run in the playoffs this year!!

Ok. They have a chance to replicate last year (which is similar to how they have started). They will be much improved next year and for the next few years thereafter. We will see who was right at the end of the year.