School loans

Big girl

11 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You started the thread about you defaulting on your debt and being proud of others having to pay it off for you so that’s what is being discussed.  If you want to discuss PPP loans, start a thread.

By the way, you’re welcome.

She’s painted herself into a corner and looking for an out.

I had a 30 year loan on my house and after paying on it for 12 years, I told the bank that I thought that was enough payment from me, and they needed to ask the government for the balance. The bank said they don’t practice government bailouts. 

I had a friend that I though well of. Cool guy but he did not handle his money well. I knew he was getting in a jam. He complained for several years. Suddenly, his complaints stopped. He bought a new truck, a motorcycle, huge big screen TV, jewelry for his wife, and all kinds of expensive stuff. Went on an expensive vacation to the Poconos. He maxed out all his cards and then took additional cash loans out. He suddenly seemed relaxed and happy. 

I asked him jokingly one day, "Whats up, did you win the lottery or something?". A big smile appeared, he said, no, I could not pay my bills so I got a sharp lawyer and declared bankruptcy. He said the lawyer told him to go on a shopping spree just before he filed the paper work. 

He saw I disapproved by the expression on my face. He asked me "whats the problem?". I told him, so, WHO pays the balance on your MasterCard, VISA, etc. Who pays your loans? He had a dumbfounded look, and said its all just "wiped away'. I pressed him and  said no, where exactly did your balances go? He kept insisting they were all just "wiped away" in the bankruptcy. I said you owed VISA and MC about 15K each. Thats $30,000. You got the goods, so who pays for it? He says "well the company I guess". I said NO, you are wrong. I, and others are paying your balances. Inside he understood this but he would not admit the truth. I am not friends with the deadbeat any more. He gamed and exploited the system, which means he exploited all of who pay our bills. His debt was transferred to everyone else.          

If that's not THEFT, nothing is. They can celebrate their theft and gloat about it, but their day of accountability is coming...          

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I had a friend that I though well of. Cool guy but he did not handle his money well. I knew he was getting in a jam. He complained for several years. Suddenly, his complaints stopped. He bought a new truck, a motorcycle, huge big screen TV, jewelry for his wife, and all kinds of expensive stuff. Went on an expensive vacation to the Poconos. He maxed out all his cards and then took additional cash loans out. He suddenly seemed relaxed and happy. 

I asked him jokingly one day, "Whats up, did you win the lottery or something?". A big smile appeared, he said, no, I could not pay my bills so I got a sharp lawyer and declared bankruptcy. He said the lawyer told him to go on a shopping spree just before he filed the paper work. 

He saw I disapproved by the expression on my face. He asked me "whats the problem?". I told him, so, WHO pays the balance on your MasterCard, VISA, etc. Who pays your loans? He had a dumbfounded look, and said its all just "wiped away'. I pressed him and  said no, where exactly did your balances go? He kept insisting they were all just "wiped away" in the bankruptcy. I said you owed VISA and MC about 15K each. Thats $30,000. You got the goods, so who pays for it? He says "well the company I guess". I said NO, you are wrong. I, and others are paying your balances. Inside he understood this but he would not admit the truth. I am not friends with the deadbeat any more. He gamed and exploited the system, which means he exploited all of who pay our bills. His debt was transferred to everyone else.          

If that's not THEFT, nothing is. They can celebrate their theft and gloat about it, but their day of accountability is coming...          

Blah blah blah. I am good!!! Student loan free. I prayed for this. Thank God

On 8/27/2023 at 7:16 AM, baddog said:

She’s painted herself into a corner and looking for an out.

I had a 30 year loan on my house and after paying on it for 12 years, I told the bank that I thought that was enough payment from me, and they needed to ask the government for the balance. The bank said they don’t practice government bailouts. 

I didn't apply for forgiveness. I got a notice that I qualified because of the number of payments I made. I then received a notice stating that they were forgiven. Thank you Biden!!!! My husband's loan was forgiven because of the number of years he worked for non profit organizations 

17 hours ago, Big girl said:

Blah blah blah. I am good!!! Student loan free. I prayed for this. Thank God

you make over $100K a year and you've been praying to God to erase a $10K debt that you realistically should be able to pay out of your savings account today without even feeling it?  I'm just having a really hard time understanding your financial situation, and your fiscal priorities.  And I ask again, since you ignored it the first time: why didn't you pay even a little extra on this loan a month over the years and get it paid off?  Your refusal to do that doesn't obligate the taxpayer to foot the bill because you have "paid enough on it".  Normally I wouldn't insert myself in someone else's economics, but you inserted us yourself, then decided we need to mind our own business and get over it.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

you make over $100K a year and you've been praying to God to erase a $10K debt that you realistically should be able to pay out of your savings account today without even feeling it?  I'm just having a really hard time understanding your financial situation, and your fiscal priorities.  And I ask again, since you ignored it the first time: why didn't you pay even a little extra on this loan a month over the years and get it paid off?  Your refusal to do that doesn't obligate the taxpayer to foot the bill because you have "paid enough on it".  Normally I wouldn't insert myself in someone else's economics, but you inserted us yourself, then decided we need to mind our own business and get over it.

10000 debt? 

Do you all feel better

You can also have your student loans forgiven if you repay them under an income-driven repayment plan. This requires you to make monthly payments in proportion to your discretionary income, usually over 20 or 25 years. Any remaining balance after this period will be forgiven and likely considered taxable income.

Additionally, student loans can be forgiven by the government enacting laws that specify the loans will be forgiven.

18 minutes ago, Big girl said:

10000 debt? 

That entire post and all you got was I misrembered how much your loan was for?  I guess i shouldn't be surprised.  Same question: while making more than $100K a year, why did you not pay extra on the loan and get it paid off?  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

That entire post and all you got was I misrembered how much your loan was for?  I guess i shouldn't be surprised.  Same question: while making more than $100K a year, why did you not pay extra on the loan and get it paid off?  

She won’t listen to your argument. She’s college edumacated. She has a degree in default. 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Didn't realize all the money was going towards interest until late in the game. I called one day and asked how much I owed and I was stunned when they told me the amount. It is apparent that most of you all don't have college degrees or school loans. You all ask some dumb questions.smh

57 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Didn't realize all the money was going towards interest until late in the game. I called one day and asked how much I owed and I was stunned when they told me the amount. It is apparent that most of you all don't have college degrees or school loans. You all ask some dumb questions.smh

Pretty dumb not keeping up with your loan.  You should have went to a bank, borrowed the money and paid off the loan.  I bet the interest rate, and therefore your payment would have been lower.  Guess you have to have some sort of clue to figure that one out. Bottom feeder!!!

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

I didn't apply for forgiveness. I got a notice that I qualified because of the number of payments I made. I then received a notice stating that they were forgiven. Thank you Biden!!!! My husband's loan was forgiven because of the number of years he worked for non profit organizations 

biden is an “idoit”, and you follow him blindly.  Doesn’t say much for you

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

How naive to not know the interest is paid first. Then again, you are Big Girl with that college edumacation degree in phlebotomy.

13 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Pretty dumb not keeping up with your loan.  You should have went to a bank, borrowed the money and paid off the loan.  I bet the interest rate, and therefore your payment would have been lower.  Guess you have to have some sort of clue to figure that one out. Bottom feeder!!!

Whatever. What bank wouldve given me a loan without me having a steadystream of income? You guys are hypocrites. Where was this energy when ppp loans were forgiven. No one complained