School loans

Big girl

12 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Again, I paid 50,000 on a 27000 loan because of the way they applied the interest barely touching the interest

$100 extra on it a month would've paid it off years ago.  with what you make you should've been able to do $1000 extra a month with no issue if you so chose to.  Instead you paid the bare minimum, undoubtedly assuming you'd just do that forever with a few bucks a month and never have to fully pay it off.  Things worked out even better for you, it appears.  

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

$100 extra on it a month would've paid it off years ago.  with what you make you should've been able to do $1000 extra a month with no issue if you so chose to.  Instead you paid the bare minimum, undoubtedly assuming you'd just do that forever with a few bucks a month and never have to fully pay it off.  Things worked out even better for you, it appears.  

Hit that on the head. 

On 8/24/2023 at 8:34 AM, Big girl said:

I am elated. My student loan was forgiven by the Biden Administration. My first degree was paid in full because I had a basketball scholarship. I paid 27000 to obtain my second degree. Twenty years later I still owed 25,000. I paid much more than 27000. Biden rocks!!!

Except its not paid off. Your debt that YOU took out and YOU owe has not been cancelled. Its been TRANSFERRED to others. . . 

You Deadbeats will still have to answer for it. See Psalm 37:21. Romans 13:8. It won't be pretty for you. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

We've managed that while paying a 15-year note on a mortgage and two car notes.   It's really not difficult.  

Correct. It's called being responsible. Even if it was difficult, you would have made the decision to take care of your responsibilities first. My Dad referred to that as being a "responsible citizen".

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Where did the money come from to payoff your loan? The government, right? I along with millions of others fund the government. I know it's a very perplexing concept.

Again. I more than paid off my loan. 50000 on a 27000 loan. Why would you have to pay anything?

4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Again. I more than paid off my loan. 50000 on a 27000 loan. Why would you have to pay anything?

Because there is still this little pesky thing called a balance. We, the taxpayers (who did not co-sign on you loan by the way) got stuck for the BALANCE of unpaid debt.

I surely hope your degree was not in finance.

This whole thread reminds me of a little debate I had with an old friend on Facebook awhile back.  She made a passionate post when this all first started about how she'd taken $12K in loans out over 10 years ago and still owed nearly $10K.  Blah, blah, blah, what a blessing, etc.  So i questioned her on it.  When she took out the loans, and for a few years after, she was a single mom struggling to make ends meet.  Which I totally get.  But she's been remarried for several years.  She lives in a $300K+ house.  At the time of her post, her husband was driving an $80K+ truck, I'm sure he still is.  She has no job.  She did some pyramid scheme for a while, but as best I can tell her full time job now is training for those muscly women pageant things.  A couple of months after her post about student loans she made a post bragging about her new luxury SUV her husband had bought her.  I don't remember what brand it was, but I remember looking it up at the time and the base models started somewhere north of $75K.  There should be NO loan forgiveness, but if it's going to happen, the monetary parameters need to be tightened tremendously, and if you're not even using the degree you got, or didn't even finish, there's no way anybody should be on the hook for that.  Nor should anyone be paying anything at all for someone who chose "the college experience" at the price of $40-$50K a semester when the same degree could've been had for pennies on the dollar somewhere else.  If getting that degree from a prestigious college isn't going to help you make up the money you're paying to attend that institution, it's on you to figure out how to pay it back.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

That potential trillion dollars in forgiveness has to come from somewhere. Current estimates state that forgiveness will cost roughly $2,000 to $2,500 per taxpayer, whether they went to college or not. That's about $7,500 for my household alone.

While forgiving student loans may have an impact on current borrowers, an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget said they would expect student loan debt to return to $1.6 trillion by 2028. Just a ploy to garner votes at the taxpayers expense, in other words.

Since the plan does nothing to dampen higher education costs, it has no impact on current and future students facing historically high education costs.

Student loan debt cancellation may have another negative impact—higher inflation rates. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that the influx of $10,000 to $20,000 for millions of borrowers could push inflation rates even higher, with personal consumption expenditure (PCE) inflation increasing by 15–27 basis points.

So, yes, I (we) have to pay for your forgiven loan...

You didn't more than paid off you loan, you simply paid off your loan.  The interest and agreement is there before you sign.

JUst like a credit card :

• It would take someone more than 11 years to pay down a balance of $2,000 with a 20.99% APR while only making minimum payments. They would ultimately pay $4,456 — including $2,456 in interest — assuming no other fees.

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

You didn't more than paid off you loan, you simply paid off your loan.  The interest and agreement is there before you sign.

JUst like a credit card :

• It would take someone more than 11 years to pay down a balance of $2,000 with a 20.99% APR while only making minimum payments. They would ultimately pay $4,456 — including $2,456 in interest — assuming no other fees.

You do know that flew right over her head

47 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You won't be able to "get over it" one day. Accountability is coming at some point. It won't be pretty.  

She’s just waiting for her reparation payment.  Nothing but a bottom feeder, that thinks she is owed something.  Not sure about the rest y’all, but I’m sure it’s mutual, I feel I don’t owe her a damn thing.  But, I’m paying for it anyway, thanks to a vote pandering potus!

Are you upset about about ppp forgiveness

You know you are wrong or you wouldn’t keep defending yourself. You keep comparing the 10s of thousands of dollars you ripped off to “Well they did it, why can’t I”. What a oitiful excuse for a human being. You rip off tax payers and expect us to pat you on the back for a u didn’t earn.

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

You know you are wrong or you wouldn’t keep defending yourself. You keep comparing the 10s of thousands of dollars you ripped off to “Well they did it, why can’t I”. What a oitiful excuse for a human being. You rip off tax payers and expect us to pat you on the back for a u didn’t earn.

Answer my question? What do you think about the ppp loans

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

Answer the question.

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Get over it. Noone complained about ppp loan forgiveness. Majority Taylor Greene had her loan forgiven, as well as, other rich people. Where is the outrage

They should be ashamed just like you…

Psalms 37:16-18

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.

18 The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

Enjoy your ill-gotten gains.