Sound of Freedom

Unwoke

16 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don’t know how you guys in law enforcement keep it together when you deal with folks like this, looking over evidence that is heartbreaking.  Thank God we have folks that do it but as stated in the movie, it has to tear you apart inside.

It’s just what we do. It is like looking at a lot of things that might be disturbing to many people. I think it is like some medical professions, members of the military in a war, etc. You knew it going in. Of course we have had people quit in training.

I have arrested a teenager who admitted to sexually assaulting his 7 year old sister. I have arrested a man for continually doing it to his 12 year old step-daughter and then caught in the act. After he was in jail awaiting an indictment and trial, his wife (child’s mother) came to me and recanted her statement. I guess she didn’t want to lose her husband’s paycheck and that was more important than her daughter.

Things like that are disturbing. 

The things we see…….

11 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Rated PG13 ,no nudity or shown violence, but I would be prepared for questions from a teenager.  It’s a very straightforward take of a tough subject, and it’s based on a true story,

I will agree with this..........it doesn't "show" anything but it is good for young teenagers to see the lengths this scum will go through to kidnap kids. Anyone one or any news outlet that would say do not see this is part of the problem in my eyes. 

55 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This is the hidden content, please

SMH, I couldn't get past the first line. It's like asking Bill Clinton and how to clean a blue dress.

In a clip from CNN, network host Abby Phillip brought on an author named Mike Rothschild to talk about the new and popular anti-child sex trafficking film, Sound of Freedom.

A good friend of mine from HS was on the news about 7 years ago when someone attempted to abduct his daughter. It was right here in Orange, a nice neighborhood, less than a mile from I10. She was smart enough to get away and called for help. Thank God. Her name has also appeared on this site due to her athletic abilities and she just graduated near the top her class. Again... thank GOD she got away.

3 hours ago, Eagle11 said:

I will agree with this..........it doesn't "show" anything but it is good for young teenagers to see the lengths this scum will go through to kidnap kids. Anyone one or any news outlet that would say do not see this is part of the problem in my eyes. 

Thanks for the information and for giving your opinion. I’m trying to decide if I want my 12 year old to see this. Part of me says yes but another part says not yet. 

4 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Thanks for the information and for giving your opinion. I’m trying to decide if I want my 12 year old to see this. Part of me says yes but another part says not yet. 

I believe you are a great parent.
I have seen the movie.  I wouldn’t take my 12 yr. old to see this movie to educate her.  The part of you that says not yet in my opinion is a good choice.

1 hour ago, DCT said:

I believe you are a great parent.
I have seen the movie.  I wouldn’t take my 12 yr. old to see this movie to educate her.  The part of you that says not yet in my opinion is a good choice.

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion. I really appreciate it.

10 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don’t know how you guys in law enforcement keep it together when you deal with folks like this, looking over evidence that is heartbreaking.  Thank God we have folks that do it but as stated in the movie, it has to tear you apart inside.

The hardest part is reading the PSI (Pre Sentence Investigation)  very graphic.  Tears your heart out.

2 minutes ago, DCT said:

I follow up with sex offenders in the County I work in.  I make  sure they are registered, pay their fines and \or restitution.  I do random pop ups at there home to make sure that they reside at the address that they provided to the Sheriff’s Office.  In SC the Sheriff Department is responsible for all sex offenders in the county.  

• 2 weeks later...