4A D2 Region 3

BBfan061

8 minutes ago, Horton said:

You think they can beat Carthage, going to have to beat them in the semi finals to get to Jerry’s house. 

Contrary to all of my previous comments, Carthage definitely looked human in their first game. I might now be persuaded that someone in the Region could beat Carthage.

1 hour ago, house said:

Carthage is starting a number of sophomores, including the qb.  Kilgore is a stout 4A-D1.  

I’m not saying it was you… but before the season people were touting how Carthage was gonna steam roll through 4A… now it’s the first game of the season and I imagine Carthage will need a game or two with the young players before we see more of a finished product 

On 8/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, 89Falcon said:

Contrary to all of my previous comments, Carthage definitely looked human in their first game. I might now be persuaded that someone in the Region could beat Carthage.

Carthage looked human against a Region III Division I finalist on the road..with a sophomore QB in his first start and with one of their key RB's going down with what's likely a season ending injury...the fact Carthage won in spite of that is kinda impressive if you are a glass half full fan

9 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Carthage looked human against a Region III Division I finalist on the road..with a sophomore QB in his first start and with one of their key RB's going down with what's likely a season ending injury...the fact Carthage won in spite of that is kinda impressive if you are a glass half full fan

What’s your thoughts on Royal only beating Worthing by 2 points?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok wanted to open this up to everyones opinion… Ive watched Bellville every game this season… other than that I’m just comparing them to scores and highlights that I’ve seen but here are my region rankings after 3 games…

1. Silsbee

2. Cuero

3. Waco Connally 

4. Bellville

5. Hamshire Fannet

6. West Orange Stark

7. Jasper

8. Madisonville 

9. Sealy

10. Brookshire Royal/Salado/Bridge City

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Ok wanted to open this up to everyones opinion… Ive watched Bellville every game this season… other than that I’m just comparing them to scores and highlights that I’ve seen but here are my region rankings after 3 games…

1. Silsbee

2. Cuero

3. Waco Connally 

4. Bellville

5. Hamshire Fannet

6. West Orange Stark

7. Jasper

8. Madisonville 

9. Sealy

10. Brookshire Royal/Salado/Bridge City

Connally has given up a lot of points.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, 89Falcon said:

Don’t let the Kilgore game fool you, Kilgore May have the best defense in 4A DI. 
If you watched the game, you saw a slugfest. 
Give youg Surratt 10 games, he may have 45 to 50 TD passes and nobody is running the on the Dawg front 7. 
Pittsburgh had minus rushing yards in the first half and 39 yards passing. The defensive starters never played the second half. 
Just like everybody else, the Dawgs will get better. 

4 minutes ago, Horton said:

Don’t let the Kilgore game fool you, Kilgore May have the best defense in 4A DI. 
If you watched the game, you saw a slugfest. 
Give youg Surratt 10 games, he may have 45 to 50 TD passes and nobody is running the on the Dawg front 7. 
Pittsburgh had minus rushing yards in the first half and 39 yards passing. The defensive starters never played the second half. 
Just like everybody else, the Dawgs will get better. 

Understood. I am well acquainted with Kilgore. They definitely do not have the best defense in 4A. Pittsburgh is horrible and is not a good reference. However, I am aware that Carthage should get better but they started out much better last year and they are not currently operating at the gap between the competition that they normally have.  They are the favorites but currently look within sight of teams like Silsbee.

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. I am well acquainted with Kilgore. They definitely do not have the best defense in 4A. Pittsburgh is horrible and is not a good reference. However, I am aware that Carthage should get better but they started out much better last year and they are not currently operating at the gap between the competition that they normally have.  They are the favorites but currently look within sight of teams like Silsbee.

Well  I believe Silsbee will get their chance to beat the Dawgs.  
This will be the best chance to beat them   The next two years for the Dawgs are going to be scary good. 

On 6/29/2023 at 10:30 AM, BADSANTA said:

Cuero lost their starting RB, TE, LB, and a few OL. I believe the QB was an ubderclassman. Depending on the Silsbee defense and QB play, I think Silsbee vs Wimberley in the state semifinal is a good guess. I wouldn't count out Jasper, HF, WOS, and Waco Connelly to be in the hunt. Silsbee defense is my biggest concern losing Williams and a few others. 

Schools like Cuero, Wimberly, Carthage etc, load and reload like a well maintained Army machine gun on the front line.  D-1 talent goes out the front door and more comes in the back door.  It has been like that for at least half a century.

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, Matthew328 said:

This is Silsbee's year to be honest..they should be at AT&T Stadium IMO...they return maybe the best player in the state...plenty of experience at in the trenches....lots of other offensive weapons..just gotta settle on a QB

if I would told you back then I will give ya Silsbee +14 regardless who they play you would have bet your house,  the wife, and the dog wouldn't you?

LMAO!

3 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if I would told you back then I will give ya Silsbee +14 regardless who they play you would have bet your house,  the wife, and the dog wouldn't you?

LMAO!

Tomorrow is your day to come to the couch good sir. 58-6 Bellville. No one will remember how far Jasper got but we will remember 21-20 Silsbee 😂😂😂😂😂😂