4A D2 Region 3

BBfan061

Here is my yearly summer post about what this region will look like this year… top teams…where everyone thinks their team will be heading into the season ETC. 

I think Silsbee should probably be the region favorite. Not sure what Cuero lost but I’d imagine they are up there to. After that who knows lol

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Here is my yearly summer post about what this region will look like this year… top teams…where everyone thinks their team will be heading into the season ETC. 

I think Silsbee should probably be the region favorite. Not sure what Cuero lost but I’d imagine they are up there to. After that who knows lol

Probably include Wimberly. Jasper might be a threat also. 

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

Off the top of my head for my top 5 in the region I’d go

1. Silsbee

2. Cuero

3. Waco Connally 

4. Jasper

5. West Orange Stark

Thats my rough draft before reading and doing my homework with DCTF magazine lol

6-10

Hamshire Fannett, Madisonville, Bellville, Sealy, and Salado not in any order

Cuero lost their starting RB, TE, LB, and a few OL. I believe the QB was an ubderclassman. Depending on the Silsbee defense and QB play, I think Silsbee vs Wimberley in the state semifinal is a good guess. I wouldn't count out Jasper, HF, WOS, and Waco Connelly to be in the hunt. Silsbee defense is my biggest concern losing Williams and a few others. 

22 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Cuero lost their starting RB, TE, LB, and a few OL. I believe the QB was an ubderclassman. Depending on the Silsbee defense and QB play, I think Silsbee vs Wimberley in the state semifinal is a good guess. I wouldn't count out Jasper, HF, WOS, and Waco Connelly to be in the hunt. Silsbee defense is my biggest concern losing Williams and a few others. 

Cuero will be competitive with the return of Qb Notaro, TE Luschen, Wr Varela and a couple RB’s that got a lot of playtime, but they’re small and shifty. Lineman, both OF and DF may be a weakness this year. Unless they grow up fast. I see Silsbee winning the Region. 

17 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

This is Silsbee's year to be honest..they should be at AT&T Stadium IMO...they return maybe the best player in the state...plenty of experience at in the trenches....lots of other offensive weapons..just gotta settle on a QB

I was thinking the move in would get the job… Is there another QB in contention?

On 6/29/2023 at 5:59 AM, Matthew328 said:

Top5 5 IMO

Silsbee, Cuero, Jasper, Hamshire-Fannett, WOS

Dont trust Connally and Bellville loses a lot

Also I agree Bellville lost a lot… but I also think if they can figure out the O line then they should be ok. Just gonna be a tough draw in Bi district regardless of where they finish in district 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is true. But, the word I am getting is if the kid from West Brook were eligible, the QB job would be his hands down.

Right the WB kid is a dangerous duel threat QB. He has a great arm and is fast as lightning.  But Mikey is going to do a great job. It's going to be a fun year for us Tiger fans. 

4 hours ago, Who That said:

The move in Mikey is the new QB. He was putting the ball on the money at the 7on7. The other QB from West Brook isn't eligible to play yet. 

They were rotating two at the State Tournament so figured at least at the time it was still an open competition...guess if one isn't eligible that makes it pretty obvious lol

On 6/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, Matthew328 said:

This is Silsbee's year to be honest..they should be at AT&T Stadium IMO...they return maybe the best player in the state...plenty of experience at in the trenches....lots of other offensive weapons..just gotta settle on a QB

No doubt Silsbee will be tough. They are loaded. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, Matthew328 said:

You think they can beat Carthage, going to have to beat them in the semi finals to get to Jerry’s house.