Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

What a run for the Cougars with those three.  How would you rank them (for fun)?  I would go Alex, Remi, then Garrison.  But full disclosure, I by far have seen the least of Garrison. You usually don’t see the middle kid being the best for whatever reason but that’s where I feel the strongest.  Much less confident ranking the other two.  All three were an absolute ball to watch and ALWAYS conducted themselves with class on the court.  Kudos to Manny on raising quality young men.  

Alex is one of the best all around athletes to ever walk the halls in Buna. I’d say you’re probably right. 100% agree on the last part. Their parents are some of the best you’ll ever find. 

40 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Sounds like a Dad trying to entice a good coach to apply in Orangefield by highlighting some of what they already have going for them. Of course, folks want to run with it and make it something it's not, but anybody would want what was best for their kid and their teammates, including all of you. You can see where he said, "Scrappy, well mannered kids with a ton of heart".

It probably is a dad that wants the best for their kid…. The problem is the dad doesn’t realize coaches don’t want overbearing parents and parents they need to run their game plan by or parents that post everything on Facebook about their decision and ridicule the other players on the team.  I’m guessing this dad thinks that post would actually entice a good coach but doesn’t realize how wrong he is by posting it and how it actually keeps good coaches from ever being interested in going there. 

3 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

The Bobcats averaged 65 points per game last season and broke 80 (6 times) as well as 70 (13 times). 80 could have been the goal all along, just saying. Guard heavy teams find themselves needing to play fast and keep bigger opposing lineups winded by running the floor. It's just "Small Ball - 101". If you have bigger/dominant posts then slowing the game down could be the better strategy because your size in the paint makes you better suited for the half-court style of play (example: Orangefield would have wanted to slow the pace down when Valentine Cat was there. Dump it down every time down the floor to Cat until they double, then kick out to your open shooters (Coy Bryant) when they do). Orangefield will have some BIGS coming the next few years, but probably not another 6'10".

What would have happened had the cats tried to score 80 against Hitchcock?  I'll tell you.  Would have gotten 40 popped.  You/dad should stick to turning valves.

2 hours ago, Knox34 said:

It probably is a dad that wants the best for their kid…. The problem is the dad doesn’t realize coaches don’t want overbearing parents and parents they need to run their game plan by or parents that post everything on Facebook about their decision and ridicule the other players on the team.  I’m guessing this dad thinks that post would actually entice a good coach but doesn’t realize how wrong he is by posting it and how it actually keeps good coaches from ever being interested in going there. 

Ridicule other players on the team? When did that happen?

6 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

What would have happened had the cats tried to score 80 against Hitchcock?  I'll tell you.  Would have gotten 40 popped.  You/dad should stick to turning valves.

The game plan changes with every team, especially the ones in the 3rd round that can get up and down the floor as fast or faster than you can. No team can approach every opponent the same. Sounds like you know him personally? You should message him privately and talk like men instead on a public message board under fake usernames.

2 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Ridicule other players on the team? When did that happen?

Constant jabs at teammates. Selfish play jabs. Not enough heart jabs. Sharks eat know you’re role post. It’s a constant. It’s embarrassing to the team and the true good fans OF has. It’s become a spectacle and a running joke for the team when they walk in every gym. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Alex is one of the best all around athletes to ever walk the halls in Buna. I’d say you’re probably right. 100% agree on the last part. Their parents are some of the best you’ll ever find. 

Yeah his athleticism was what set him apart.  All 3 had nosebleed basketball IQs (and IQs in general from what I hear) and could shoot the leather off the ball.  

1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

Constant jabs at teammates. Selfish play jabs. Not enough heart jabs. Sharks eat know you’re role post. It’s a constant. It’s embarrassing to the team and the true good fans OF has. It’s become a spectacle and a running joke for the team when they walk in every gym. 

If generalized statements (that never ever call out or go at any single player) like; "Playing as a team and not selfishly!", "Getting back on D and playing with heart!", "People knowing their job and doing it!", "Sharks knowing when there is blood in the water!" and or any of the reposts of World Class Coaches/Players below offends anyone then its probably the mirror that bothers them so much and not the man you are trying to bash.

Furthermore, any and all of these pics would have been on his story (Insta/FB) before playoff games meaning only followers and friends would see them, not the folks in an opposing gym to make it the spectacle you claim it is. Quit being dramatic and dishonest about a man that loves kids, it's pathetic.

It seems that your problem with Mr. Scales is more personal as well. I encourage you to contact him privately instead of this message board - fake username mess. I know him very well and can promise you that he looks forward to putting the issues behind us all.

Funny.jpg

Anyone heard anything about when they may name the new Orangefield Coach? The Duncanville Live Period Tournament Registration Deadline is Monday the 15th. The boys did really well last year and it was a great team building event. Hoping it can be kind of an inauguration for the new Head Coach. 

4 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Those Connells really are the best.  I heard Whitmire is going to pass due to too much drama.  If true, that's a shame because he's a really good coach.  Buna should have never let him walk.

Man I hope not.  What a hire that could be for OF. 

8 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

If generalized statements (that never ever call out or go at any single player) like; "Playing as a team and not selfishly!", "Getting back on D and playing with heart!", "People knowing their job and doing it!", "Sharks knowing when there is blood in the water!" and or any of the reposts of World Class Coaches/Players below offends anyone then its probably the mirror that bothers them so much and not the man you are trying to bash.

Furthermore, any and all of these pics would have been on his story (Insta/FB) before playoff games meaning only followers and friends would see them, not the folks in an opposing gym to make it the spectacle you claim it is. Quit being dramatic and dishonest about a man that loves kids, it's pathetic.

It seems that your problem with Mr. Scales is more personal as well. I encourage you to contact him privately instead of this message board - fake username mess. I know him very well and can promise you that he looks forward to putting the issues behind us all.

Funny.jpg

Or the dad could just be a supportive fan and not have to defend his ridiculous actions with excuses! I don’t have fb and certainly not a friend of him on there  and I have seen almost all the post. They get passed around with laughing emoji’s on the reg. Everyone of the players on OF sees them and the opposing kids. If you believe that you’re as delusional as the dad. 

I also do appreciate a user with a username on here that’s not his name calling out people for using screen names. Insisting on calling mr. Scales man to man over and over. Looking for more drama instead of listening to the information about how people take his messages and looking at himself in the mirror. Seems very hypothetical and the type of guy that would never listen to anybody with an open mind. Could be the type of guy a good coach wouldn’t want to be affiliated with. 

10 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Funny.jpg

Heaven forbid if the coach has a different plan than that dad had for his kid. That seems to be the problem.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Man I hope not.  What a hire that could be for OF. 

I hope not too.  Orangefield has been really good with McDonald and could continue to be really good with Whitmire.  He has a good track record of taking kids without much athleticism and natural talent and turning them into good players and teams.

37 minutes ago, Waterboys said:

Yea Buna has no athletes and no kids with natural talent. Get out of here with that ...

I think you're taking what was intended as a complement and turning it into something else.  I saw Buna this year and they were competitive with a bunch of guys who don't jump out at you athletically.  Thats pretty standard for Buna with most teams being a little better. Lots of good players have come through there, but I don't recall a whole lot of 6'6 guys tearing down rims.  Whitmire always did more with less and that's impressive.

17 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

I think you're taking what was intended as a complement and turning it into something else.  I saw Buna this year and they were competitive with a bunch of guys who don't jump out at you athletically.  Thats pretty standard for Buna with most teams being a little better. Lots of good players have come through there, but I don't recall a whole lot of 6'6 guys tearing down rims.  Whitmire always did more with less and that's impressive.

Yea and our district just has those guys all over the place. Your exact words were He has a good track record of taking kids without much athleticism and natural talent and turning them into good players. Tells me how you feel about Buna

I said exactly what I feel about Buna.  It's a community that doesn't produce a lot of elite athleticism.  Your football and track records back that statement up.  So what?  Orangefield, and many other communities, are similar.  To compete and succeed in basketball with lesser athletes is commendable.  Still think that is a complement.

Or maybe you think your hometown is a hotbed like Miami/Dade County?  Maybe the coaches have underachieved with the abundance of talent?  I think most people probably share my opinion. 

2 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

I said exactly what I feel about Buna.  It's a community that doesn't produce a lot of elite athleticism.  Your football and track records back that statement up.  So what?  Orangefield, and many other communities, are similar.  To compete and succeed in basketball with lesser athletes is commendable.  Still think that is a complement.

Or maybe you think your hometown is a hotbed like Miami/Dade County?  Maybe the coaches have underachieved with the abundance of talent?  I think most people probably share my opinion. 

I would say Orangefield and Buna have very similar gene pools.  OF has more students so they should win slightly more theoretically.  But I think Whitmire only had one loss against OF during his tenure at Buna.  I’m not positive on that but I believe that’s correct or at least close.  

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire