Silsbee 70 Houston Washington 76/FINAL

Last year walking to the parking lot in Lufkin I was thrilled for the Tigers but I had a feeling this would be the story in 2023.  McDermott, Lewis and Walker would all be back for one thing.  And it was Washington’s severe lack up depth that got us to San Antonio last year. That wasn’t the case this year.  McDermott wasn’t so desperately missed every nanosecond he wasn’t in the game.  

Still the Tigers might have won.  They had some problems but had a chance to break thru.  They just didn’t get the bounces.  The Eagles can’t play any better than they did today.  Yet it was still competitive.

It was great to see Bottley get recognition as all tourney.  He played his heart out in both games and was very effective.  That pass late in the game last night was something.

BTW is a better match upo for FF because they are both designer teams.  They basically can build what kind of team they want.  It is like going to a signature Krogers supermarket, or HEB, or Wholefoods out in the toney suburbs like Cypress, or Katy, and going in with a $million dollar debit card.  Just pick and choose do some kinda sleight of hand trick and presto you team shows up in San Antonio for the state class final four.  

Then after you win everyone talks about what great players you have, and what a great coach you are blah blah blah.  It is all a sham, a farce.

23 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Early season games are a funny thing. I'd bet BU would beat BTW by 10 - 15 right now.

And are y'all going to join us at region next year or keep getting slapped around by Furr and BTW.

Furr was a senior team this year, so they will return to their old self’s and BTW window is closing. Yates is OK

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee 70 Houston Washington 76/FINAL
4 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Tigers lose 4 off this year's squad.

Going to be adding plenty to the roster next year though. Let's give it another go next season.

Most likely losing 5.

I will be surprised if Miller is in school for spring semester. I look for him to enroll early to play spring football.

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

BTW is a much better matchup against FF than we are.  FF beat BTW by 10 I’m the season opener for each.

But that was then.  I think that if the Eagles play as well against FF as they did today (and get the same refs they had today:  sorry can’t help myself) they can win. 

Shortly before BTW handed United an L.