2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

I’m sure this has been talked about, but I’m not going back and reading 14 pages. Martín Maldonado is the worst hitter in franchise history. If not of all time in the MLB. This guy doesn’t need to see the field ever. 

dude brings no tangible skills to the table. He’s fat, slow, can’t hit, arm strength is average at best. 

I get the pitchers say they like him behind the plate, but other than game planning what does this fat boy bring to the table? Literally nothing. 

11 hours ago, BlueOwl said:

I’m sure this has been talked about, but I’m not going back and reading 14 pages. Martín Maldonado is the worst hitter in franchise history. If not of all time in the MLB. This guy doesn’t need to see the field ever. 

dude brings no tangible skills to the table. He’s fat, slow, can’t hit, arm strength is average at best. 

I get the pitchers say they like him behind the plate, but other than game planning what does this fat boy bring to the table? Literally nothing. 

Good old boy only goes so far in sports. One has to produce on the field. 

6 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

I’ve always been a Dusty defender, but I don’t think I can do it anymore. He tinkers with the lineups way too much; keeping the better bats on the bench way too much. Absolutely cannot be doing that this late in the season during a division title race this close. 

There has been alot of talk about that. Keeping Chas out of the game for a platoon being the most recent.

56 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

There has been alot of talk about that. Keeping Chas out of the game for a platoon being the most recent.

Chas should be an everyday player. He has excellent defense and is probably the most clutch hitter we have. Likewise, Yainer Diaz should be in the lineup daily. The weakest link in today's batting lineup is Jose Abreu.

Our biggest overall problem right now seems to be starting pitching.